Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2011, 21:03   #1261
BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Does any STB support NTSC. A friend got his Sony KDL 52 W from US and cant get Tata Sky HD + to work. Any pointers on how to resolve the same.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:21   #1262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
Does any STB support NTSC. A friend got his Sony KDL 52 W from US and cant get Tata Sky HD + to work. Any pointers on how to resolve the same.
Use hdmi output to connect to the tv. Pal/NTSC problem arises only for analog outputs, not for digital outputs like VGA or hdmi.
Old 7th March 2011, 21:37   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Use hdmi output to connect to the tv. Pal/NTSC problem arises only for analog outputs, not for digital outputs like VGA or hdmi.
No it does not work. He tried with the HDMI. The Tata Sky guy could not do anything.
Old 8th March 2011, 12:18   #1264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
@vinay.pillai...Yes the video feed in Active sports is pretty average. I'm using Tata sky HD and the quality is superb in live HD telecast of the matches. But when i switch to active sports all the videos and camera modes are pretty average in terms of resolution and quality.
Thanks @ashish22, So it is not a unique problem for my TATA SKy box. Thanks once again for confirming it.
Old 8th March 2011, 13:56   #1265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Good info JMaruru. I may have to dump TataSky and move privided Dish HD is available in Kanpur.

Tata are only interested in the Metros, so after being with them from the time they started in Kanpur I may have to switch.
Better sticking to tatasky unless you don't have a home theater audio system, DishTV is just upscaled audio from stereo, and not true 5.1 audio.

I agree picture quality is really good, but audio also makes sense while watching anything in HD.

I have a sundirect hd connection (got for 2950/- = 2 months free subscription).
Its a true 5.1 dolby output over spdif, and 1080i picture, and I would say its amazing to watch movies now, discovery hd, and nat geo hd in 1080i + 5.1 audio...

I know that sun direct customer service is not good, but compared the package + quality, it can be ignored.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:08   #1266
BHPian

Had logged in to the Tatasky website to pay my bill and noticed they have updated the site with TataSKY + HD. It gives the detail, the new box supports 7.1 while the other HD box has only 5.1. Not a prb for me as my 6 year old Onkyo supports 5.1. The question is when is Tatasky coming out with Movies Now HD to make full use of these features.
Old 8th March 2011, 14:30   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritayan View Post
You will need a PAL/NTSC converter. Something like this:

Amazon.com: Atlona CDM-660 Multi-System PAL/NTSC Video Converter: Electronics
Old 8th March 2011, 14:39   #1268
BHPian

Recently i have upgraded to TATA SKY HD.
Everything is fine except some unresolved query. The installation guy was very very less knowledge about audio settings.

1) Can this box support 5.1 Dolby sound?
2) Can i connect this with my old SONY 5.1 HT?
Old 8th March 2011, 15:36   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Call up the Tata sky toll free number and place your order there only through IVR, keep your credit cards OTP ready with you, HD+ is with recorder inbuilt 500 GB hdd for over 600 hrs of HD recording and HD is just DTH no recording.
I have opted for yearly package at 6K per year along with 150Rs per month for my 2nd connection, with this package i'll be getting all the channels along with HD and new launches.
How is the quality of non HD channels on the tatasky HD+? I am sure due to the HDMI interface there can be some improvement. Can you please let me know as this is going to be a decider for me to upgrade to HD+ from my existing TS+.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:05   #1270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Everything is fine except some unresolved query. The installation guy was very very less knowledge about audio settings.

@Kalinga - the HD box does support 5.1 via the spdif output.So you can connect this to your Sony 5.1 HT. The 5.1 is only available on channels with HD logo. So i am eagerly waiting for Movies Now HD.
Old 8th March 2011, 16:57   #1271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post

Yes to both. I connected the HD box to my HT receiver and now watch the world cup matches with Dolby.
Old 9th March 2011, 15:02   #1272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@Kalinga - the HD box does support 5.1 via the spdif output.So you can connect this to your Sony 5.1 HT. The 5.1 is only available on channels with HD logo. So i am eagerly waiting for Movies Now HD.
Hi,

i have been trying to work around this issue since last 3 days. I have a Philips 42" HD LCD. It has a audio out.

I have a OEM HT system which i got from HK. It has a 2.1 input and a 5.1 input. the 5.1 input has 6 input cable connectors. and the 2.1 has 2. (RED N WHITE). Now how do i connect this thing to play the audio from the LCD to the HT?

also, how do we use the spdif output? i mean, what sort of cable goes from where to where? I am really sorry for this confusing Questions. i am totally unaware of this setup.

Can someone please guide me how to setup for 5.1 (via SPDIF, using regular RCA cable)

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 9th March 2011 at 15:14.
Old 9th March 2011, 16:16   #1273
BHPian

@Harshal - The SPDIF is a compressed audio stream , it will have the 5.1/7.1 channels passed over a single cable (coaxial (rca) or fibre). You would need a HT which has the SPDIF input and can decode the signal. From the details you have provided your current HT does not seem to support this.
To get sound from your TV to the HT, your TV would have an a/v output port.
Connect the audio out of the TV to the HT 2.1 or just connect the STB audio output to the HT.
Hope this helps.
Old 10th March 2011, 12:25   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know actual broadcast quality of the cricket matches?
I dont think it is in full HD
Old 10th March 2011, 14:21   #1275
BANNED

Till now no one is having Full HD broadcasting equipment, its meant only for video games, blue rays, media players not for broadcast, it may come but not at least in near future.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks