Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2013, 23:04   #1966
Senior - BHPian

Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH HD announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Normally how long will it take the connection to get activated ?
tatasky gets activated immediately .but with airtel you can never say depends on their mood.They have the worst customer service of all.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:19   #1967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
After much of a struggle, paid for the Airtel HD DTH connection yesterday.
I have been wthout a cable service for a week now.
You are not alone in putting up with poor service.

I upgraded to Tata sky HD box on Sunday. Paid 2599 as Cash on delivery for the box as told by the customer care. After this Tata sky again debits 2599 from my account for the same COD HD STB delivery.As a result my account balance falls to negative(I prefer monthly subscription). I make a complaint with the customer care as I was also getting the message that the account will be deactivated the same day. They take it casually. Finally my account gets deactivated yesterday morning. Again wasted a lot of time talking to those idiots and threatened to log a complaint with Ministry of Consumer affairs(core.nic.in) if they don't activate the service or provide the complete refund. Sent email to every possible email id in tatasky I got hold of, also tweeted them. Finally after 6 hours the service was restored, they added a credit transaction of 2599 to the account.
I had the text for consumer complaint ready by then, but was just holding on for a few hours because once the complaint is logged there is no looking back.

PS- About core.nic.in
Got to know about this site from this thread on team bhp
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...his-knees.html

And it works. I have already tried them with a popular local broadband service provider of Hyderabad who neither gave me the connection nor was refunding the advance amount of INR 1700 that I paid by cheque. The DOT(Deptt. of Telecom) literally made them stand on their knees. The officials from the Broadband service provider called me up twice(after sending me the refund cheque) to ask for a time to meet so that I can give them in written that the issue has been resolved (which they had to send to DOT). Also got a call from DOT twice to ensure that the issue has been resolved and the case can be closed. I got the refund a couple of months after logging the complaint, though the follow up calls from the service provider and DOT came after about 1.5 years.
Our government does some work after all. Its not completely hopeless here!!
Please book mark the site.

Last edited by huntrz : 28th March 2013 at 12:28.
Old 28th March 2013, 12:28   #1968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
tatasky gets activated immediately .but with airtel you can never say depends on their mood.They have the worst customer service of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
You are not alone in putting up with poor service.
So no service is 100% pucca. Hmm. I am gonna wait till today or max tomorrow, if nothing turns up, will contact their Nodal officers and if that too fails, will definitely raise a complaint. These people get our money and dont give the service that has to be provided. Shame on them.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:57   #1969
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,
Need urgent help about an entry level DTH setup for my grandmother who lives alone. Due to digitisation, we need to get a setup box as everyone knows. However, I thought of going the DTH way. We have Airtel HD in our house, which is good except for the customer service. However my grandmother's watching preferences will be mainly regional channels, Kannada and Tamil. Along with that she needs english news channels and business channels. Also the monthly subscription must be less than or at least equal to what she is paying now, ie 250 per month.

I found Sun Direct to be offering the best package, that too at a price of 200 per month, which is lesser on advance payment. Reading reviews made me rethink my decision. All I am looking is towards hassle free operation. Not so specific about best quality, clarity and all. Just need a no nonsense setup. How good is sun Direct then? All other providers are much expensive. So, I am not looking towards Airtel, Tatasky etc.

Can any owner or any person who has had or having SunD please share how the experience is? Given my requirements, will it do its job?
Old 30th March 2013, 11:13   #1970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I don't quite understand though. What do you mean slow to operate?
With the DVR box, starting times are too high(between 1 to 2 mins, it keeps checking the Hard Disk). If you want to change to another recording it takes a lot of time. Well these were the initial batch stb's. I was told that the performance has improved somewhat but I am skeptical so do check once.

But only HD stb's function well.
Old 3rd April 2013, 20:48   #1971
BHPian

Re: Sony Six HD for Reliance Digital DTH?

Are there any news of 'Reliance Digital' getting Sony Six HD channel? IPL has started, and i was wondering when every other player on DTH has this on HD why reliance is not making an effort.
Old 3rd April 2013, 22:11   #1972
Team-BHP Support

Can anyone please confirm if the IPL commentary on Sony Six HD is in Hindi or English ?

If Hindi, which DTH operator offers Max HD in its portfolio ?
Old 4th April 2013, 13:24   #1973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Can anyone please confirm if the IPL commentary on Sony Six HD is in Hindi or English ?

I was watching on Tata Sky and it is in english.
Old 4th April 2013, 14:02   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Very strange thing happened yesterday with my DishTV ala carte package.
I ordered for Pogo using code 512. I immediately got a message saying "Toons mania is activated".
I called the customer care and asked them why/ how this can happen. They said it could be due to incorrect code from my side and I cannot unsubscribe now for one month.
I said, I am pretty sure, I punched in the correct code in my text message.
I was told the issue will be escalated and I will get a reponse in 2 hours.
No one called back, but by then Toons Mania was deactivated and Pogo was on.
However, this resulted in a waste of my time (several attempts needed to reach customer care with frequent call drops). So, thumbs down to DishTV.
Old 4th April 2013, 17:02   #1975
BHPian

Does anyone have the CC number for Airtel Digital TV for Delhi?

None of their number seems to be working. No ringing, just disconnects.

The number I have is 0124-4448080
Old 4th April 2013, 18:37   #1976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Does anyone have the CC number for Airtel Digital TV for Delhi?

None of their number seems to be working. No ringing, just disconnects.

The number I have is 0124-4448080
Try 1800-102-8080 or you can dial 12150 from an airtel mobile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post

Sony Six HD is available in Hindi for IPL in Airtel digital TV.

Last edited by k2max6 : 4th April 2013 at 18:39.
Old 4th April 2013, 20:21   #1977
BHPian

^^Sorry i was mistaken . Sony Six has Hindi commentary for IPL while Six HD has English - Airtel digital TV.
Old 4th April 2013, 20:24   #1978
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
^^Sorry i was mistaken . Sony Six has Hindi commentary for IPL while Six HD has English - Airtel digital TV.
You scared / disappointed me for a while

Thanks, planning to buy the DVR box
Old 4th April 2013, 21:21   #1979
BHPian

Finalized and took videocon D2H after reading lot of reviews. Installation was completed on same day i applied and took 3 days and lot of phone calls to get it activated. Finaly happy with the outcome. Right now it is the basic package.
Old 5th April 2013, 11:52   #1980
BHPian

Finally my story ended with a big smile yesterday. These Airtel guys are just morons who doesnt know what to talk. And if we shout at them, a simple disconnect is enough to further fume our blood.

Agitated, sent a tweet to Airtel. Immediate response was the concerned would call me. Being it a sunday, I just thought it should be a false statement or a generic script. But after 30 minutes got a call from HO Delhi. Explained him my problem and he assured it will be taken care.
Monday, still the same response.
Tuesday, same response. But after my statement on dealing this legally something got moved. Few con-calls were made and finally got hold of an dealer and technician. But that is not the end, they do not have a HD box. Had to wait till next day.
Wednesday, the technician arrived by noon and all were done. Charged me 60 rupees for extra 5 meters of cable. Let go him. But nothing moved in my screen. Activation hasn't been done. He asked me to wait for 1 hour.
Till evening, no sign. Till night no sign. All response I get is, mail has been sent, wait for a hour.
Thursday, morning received some sms that the account is now charged. The status message in my TV changed from suspended to not subscribed.
They have activated South value sports HD package. Which has south pack and all HD channels including sports for one month.
Sound quality is way better than my Sun Direct.
HD in sports is awesome.
Finally, I am enjoying IPL in SIX HD with no ads.
But no south channels. Headed to Airtel website and read that I have to opt for 2 language packs free. Called 12150 and asked for the same, immediately it got activated.

This satisfaction had made me forget the bitter experiences.

Note: Social media is indeed powerful rather than speaking to jerks. Thanks to Twitter

Last edited by dre@ms : 5th April 2013 at 11:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks