Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2015, 16:12   #76
BHPian

Re: Airtel wants to charge extra for VOIP EDIT : Deferred for now

Airtel's other cheap tricks-
1. If you are on a CUG plan and call another airtel non-CUG number then it will be charged in full and not even discounted against quota of your plan's free local calls. However if u call a non-airtel mobile it will be discounted against your free local calls quota.

2. MyPlans are being marketed like any thing but the value of myplan packs are silently diminishing.
previously(about 6 months back- AP circle)
1 my pack=100 local calls, 1mypack = 135MB 3G data
currently
1 my pack=90 local calls, 1mypack = 120MB 3G data

I am disgusted with the ethics of this company from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by huntrz : 13th April 2015 at 16:14.
Old 13th April 2015, 16:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Airtel's other cheap tricks-
1. If you are on a CUG plan and call another airtel non-CUG number then it will be charged in full and not even discounted against quota of your plan's free local calls. However if u call a non-airtel mobile it will be discounted against your free local calls quota.

2. MyPlans are being marketed like any thing but the value of myplan packs are silently diminishing.
previously(about 6 months back- AP circle)
1 my pack=100 local calls, 1mypack = 135MB 3G data
currently
1 my pack=90 local calls, 1mypack = 120MB 3G data

I am disgusted with the ethics of this company from the bottom of my heart.
I didn't know the non-CUG trick. Will have to check my bill in detail. I got an increased number this time and thought maybe it was the taxes. But there seems a deeper problem.

Frankly, if I have 1000 minutes, I should be able to call any number of my wish without any restrictions.

I second your other point on My Plan. I was lucky enough to change to it before the reduction happened. Ethics is not Airtel's strong point I guess.

There was no mention of it as well in their site. Only that it displayed the current values available for each pack.
Old 13th April 2015, 18:15   #78
BHPian

A correction- Its vice versa, i.e. calls made from non-CUG Airtel number to a CUG Airtel number is charged, always.

Another twist is that if 2 airtel numbers are on different CUGs(CUG is identified by a parent id attached to it) then call to each other will again be charged without getting discounted.

I guess there is no end to this madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Frankly, if I have 1000 minutes, I should be able to call any number of my wish without any restrictions.
Airtel myplans only offer mobile minutes as free calls. No free landline local/STD calls. No idea why.

Last edited by huntrz : 13th April 2015 at 18:17.
Old 13th April 2015, 19:59   #79
Team-BHP Support

If after paying extra for a certain 'pack', a customer has to refer a permutation/combination sheet before making a bleeding phone call, where's the 'convenience' exactly?
Old 13th April 2015, 20:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Recently picked up a Moto G on Flipkart for an elderly relative. The phone came with a free 2 month internet plan from Airtel - 1GB of 3G data. Got that activated, and was working fine, now, a month later, her prepaid balance is wiped out, and it appears that Airtel has been charging her for the data consumption after only 1 month of free data usage. Come on Airtel. You're just ruining the entire user experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks