Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2012, 11:31   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Just saw this and posting for the benefit of others. This is a Facebook link so you might need to login to view this: https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaystationIndia

Here is the post made by them:

"The all new PS3 Super Slim 500 GB bundle!

Hours of addictive gaming all packed into one console priced at Rs 19990, with 2 Games Free!

Share this if it's on your Diwali wish list!"

The two games mentioned above are: Gran Turismo 5 Academy Edition and Uncharted 3 GOTY edition.

BTW here are the prices of the games if bought separately (Prices from Flipkart).
UC 3 GOTY Edition - 2,999
GT5 Academy Edition - 2,299

I bought my PS3 300 GB on Sunday. And now this gets launched at exactly the same price !

Does this bundle include the Move too?

Any upgradations to the hardware?
Old 30th October 2012, 11:39   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

The new one does not include Move - nothing is mentioned of that sort on their Facebook wall. As far as I know the internals are also the same i.e. hardware is not upgraded (will confirm this from somewhere). In short Sony has repackaged the PS3 at almost the same price point. It seems they are not promoting Move at this point. I think you did a good thing by buying the 320GB one - unless you were seriously not at all interested in PS Move. As far as I see - Both the offers are almost same. I would prefer the earlier one has I wanted Move.

Last edited by Saanil : 30th October 2012 at 11:40.
Old 30th October 2012, 11:57   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

I bought my PS3 300 GB on Sunday. And now this gets launched at exactly the same price !

Does this bundle include the Move too?

The hardware Has not been upgraded on the new slimmer PS3. They have just made it smaller (slightly), lost the automated disc load mechanism and upped the storage to 500gb.

upgrading the capacity on your old ps3 is very easy if you run out of memory and can be done as a diy. I feel what you got with the move bundle was a better buy.
Old 30th October 2012, 13:10   #1114
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on my PS3 Exchange with PS3 Move

After handing over my PS3 last saturday (Oct 20th) along with a DD of Rs.13990, I dont get any call so i call them yesterday and that guy cooly tells me sir, there is some confusion and company is saying they exchange with only PS3 160GB ( which is Non-Move)

I coolly responded back. Sure, keep the DD and PS3 ready and I will collect it. I plan to collect it while going home.

Does anyone know if my "expired" PS3 can be revived back to life? Sony A.S.S said they cannot repair it. Or, I just have to throw it in the garbage can?

I came across this awesome deal :-

http://www.timtara.com/diwalifest.php

I think anyone buying any electronic goods for this diwali should use this offer.

PS3Move is Rs.19990 and after Rs.4000 discount coupon. It will come for Rs.15990. Not bad. Eh? In a way this exchange offer not working out was a blessing in disguise

Disclaimer : I too came to know of this website last night so i am no way related to them
Old 30th October 2012, 14:48   #1115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I came across this awesome deal :-
http://www.timtara.com/diwalifest.php
Timtara have been running 4000 off on purchase over 20,000 for almost an year. Only the coupon code changes

All online shops look same within the browser. Price & discount looks great, but what if that site fails to ship the product, which is paid for? This concern is not about any particular site but in general for all online shops. A reputed site might address this issue, but not all do it.

PS: My feeling about Timtara is they are burning cash to make sales. Haven't heard great about them but risk is yours.

Last edited by msdivy : 30th October 2012 at 14:49.
Old 30th October 2012, 16:32   #1116
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Timtara have been running 4000 off on purchase over 20,000 for almost an year. Only the coupon code changes
Oh is it? I came to know of them just yesterday via. a friend who bought a 18-105 VR Lens for 15.3K instead of 19.3K original price and he got the product as promised in reasonable time.
Old 30th October 2012, 16:47   #1117
BHPian

Quote:
Oh is it? I came to know of them just yesterday via. a friend who bought a 18-105 VR Lens for 15.3K instead of 19.3K original price and he got the product as promised in reasonable time.
Consider your friend extremely lucky. Check out the reviews of this website here: http://www.mouthshut.com/product-rev...iews-925617246

With any product there will always be bad reviews but for Timtara it seems majority of the reviews are negative. I can understand that the offer is too tempting - Kindly read reviews from other websites too before ordering from Timtara.
Old 31st October 2012, 13:02   #1118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Consider your friend extremely lucky. Check out the reviews of this website here:
Thanks. Indeed he was lucky

I think i will not buy it from them now. I got my DD and ol' PS3 back from Sony service center. Wondering what to do with it? Plan to just dump it in a garbage bin over the weekend

Any Diwali offers you or anyone here came across for the PS3 Move?
Old 1st November 2012, 15:45   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think i will not buy it from them now. I got my DD and ol' PS3 back from Sony service center. Wondering what to do with it? Plan to just dump it in a garbage bin over the weekend

Any Diwali offers you or anyone here came across for the PS3 Move?
As a PS3 owner i will suggest don't buy move. I also bought it and along with it games for the move but the novelty wears off very soon and now its not been used since 6 months. Just get a normal PS3 320 gb which will suffice. It would be around 15-16k i guess. Do check deals on ebay.in. I bought mine from there at a discount of 2k a year back.

Also PS3 can't be repaired in India. Even when its in warranty they replace it and send the faulty ones back. I know cos i had replaced 3 so far.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:15   #1120
BHPian

Quote:

Here are the new PS3 Super Slim bundles: http://www.game4u.com/shop/faces/til...=1&q=PS3+500GB

Flipkart is just showing the 500GB bundle which is not listed correctly - it does not mention the games with it. The site above is of Game4U which has retail shops. Unfortunately it does not have a shop in Bangalore (It has in Mumbai though). Kindly check the different bundle options you have on the website.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:29   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Here are the new PS3 Super Slim bundles: http://www.game4u.com/shop/faces/til...=1&q=PS3+500GB
The Game4u options seems very good. An extra game + HDMI cable is good enough for new buyers. Its one of the 1st times I'm seeing good offer at Game4u.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:11   #1122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks. When i check this link

http://www.game4u.com/shop/faces/til...rentCategoryID=

In the main page shows 3 game titles free ( Unchartered 3, GOD3, GT5) but, when i go to check out page, it says PS3 with GOD 3 game

Not sure if its 3 games free or just one and i assume shipping is free.
Old 1st November 2012, 17:14   #1123
BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if its 3 games free or just one and i assume shipping is free.
Bro , 2 games are along with the bundle. One is GTV Academy edition. The other one is UC3. Additional 1 game is given by Game4u and an hdmi cable as well. You have the option to choose that additional one game.

edit : yes. shipping is free.
Old 1st November 2012, 19:05   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
As a PS3 owner i will suggest don't buy move. I also bought it and along with it games for the move but the novelty wears off very soon and now its not been used since 6 months.
+1 to this viewpoint. I've used the Move only for a few months and have stopped thereafter. Not that it is bad, but my kids prefer the Nintendo Wii, of which we have a better variety of games.

@mobike008--you can drop in anyday to check out how the Move is. I do have a Sports disc that came free with the Move when I bought it in the US from Amazon (not the demo disc, but a regular one)
Old 1st November 2012, 19:10   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
+1 to this viewpoint. I've used the Move only for a few months and have stopped thereafter
. Bought it out of initial interest, ended up not using it. Bought and used for like 3-4hours only. No use really. Absolute waste of money and space for me. Kids may love it though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks