Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:18   #1126
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Any Diwali offers you or anyone here came across for the PS3 Move?
Hi,

I bought one from ebay.in, link http://www.ebay.in/itm/321009891116?...84.m1439.l2649

Ordered it on 31/10 late afternoon and it was delivered today.The invoice is from game4u, they seem to be the supplier/distributor for the region.

Final price after applying the ebay 7.5 % discount coupon was Rs 17565/-, if you don't have any ebay coupons you can still get around rs 750 odd off using hdfc/icici bank debit or credit card as they have a 7% discount offer on ebay with a cap of rs 750(max discount).

Last edited by lancerlover : 2nd November 2012 at 15:31.
Old 2nd November 2012, 15:33   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerlover View Post
Hi,

After applying the ebay 7.5 % discount coupon final price was 17565/-, if you don't have any ebay coupons you can get around 750 odd off using hdfc/icici bank debit or credit card.
That is one sweet deal. I really need to know how to use Ebay. I do not understand the buyer/seller funda - You mean to say you did not know the seller was game4U? For example in the link you posted on the right hand side I see the seller as jrs-game-store. How do I know/verify the seller. Also how do you get ebay coupons?

BTW - game4U is the retail division of Milestone Interactive - an important distributor of games. You can check their website :http://www.milestoneinteractive.com/index.php

Last edited by Saanil : 2nd November 2012 at 15:34.
Old 2nd November 2012, 16:09   #1128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
That is one sweet deal. I really need to know how to use Ebay. I do not understand the buyer/seller funda - You mean to say you did not know the seller was game4U? For example in the link you posted on the right hand side I see the seller as jrs-game-store. How do I know/verify the seller. Also how do you get ebay coupons?

BTW - game4U is the retail division of Milestone Interactive - an important distributor of games. You can check their website :http://www.milestoneinteractive.com/index.php
Hi Saanil,

I did know who the seller was, its just that this particular seller sourced the ps3 from milestone interactive (as I found out from the invoice & the packaging)usually all the showrooms and online stores/sellers have to buy their stuff from distributors and in this case it was milestone interactive.

On ebay it is the feedback of the seller that matters the most.Like in this particular case you see a % & no. besides the sellers name, right now it is 816, click on it and it opens a page showing how his buyers have rated him.A seller with more than 250-300 positive feedback and a rating of 98% or more is safe/good enough IMO.

About the coupons, ebay sends them from time to time on the registered email address. The 7.5% and 10% coupons are mostly account specific, they can only be used with the account originally sent to.

I also used to stay from ebay but with the current paisapay method and buying options available it is fast becoming my preferred online store.

Last edited by lancerlover : 2nd November 2012 at 16:13.
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:12   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
That is one sweet deal. I really need to know how to use Ebay.
Its just the initial trouble bro. Once you buy a single product, you will get good enough confidence to buy. Agreed with what lancerlover has said.
Few more points which i think you should note:

1. Go down the product page and you will get info regarding the product(which usually is a copy-paste material. so, no need of reading) and you get seller info. Some of the sellers give their own cellphone numbers/office numbers. Call them. Talk to them. Ask them whatever doubt you have. Ask them which courier they are using, when they will be able to ship etc.

2. Check the courier they are using. Usually, it will be given in the product page. But, try calling the seller and ask, as they choose courier depending upon region. I would say DTDC,Bluedart, Fedex are the very best. Very few uses Bluedart as its expensive. Usually its DTDC/First-flight. Problem i have experienced with First-Flight is they have poor tracking. But, one seller told that they prefer First-Flight because they provide insurance on products.

3. As lancerlover said, check the feedback .

4.Try to see the history of product(at the right). It shows how many are sold and which all dates they were purchased etc.

Coupons are given by various banks and by ebay as well. Subscribe to ebay mails. After buying, the money goes to Paisapay Account and not to seller. Once you confirm that you received the product, seller will get funds transferred. After confirming, you can leave the seller a feedback. the seller will leave you a feedback as well. This is how it works.

Hope this helps.
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:43   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerlover View Post
Hi Saanil,
I also used to stay from ebay but with the current paisapay method and buying options available it is fast becoming my preferred online store.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Its just the initial trouble bro.
Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot guys for the explanations. I did spend some time on Ebay and realized its actually very simple. Of course you might have to invest some time reading into the reviews of a seller but it is worth it if you are getting good prices.

P.S - Got Sports Champions 2 today for Rs 1,799. Also got a HDMI cable (1.8m long) for Rs 350 - it is from a company called Sameo. I will be trying out the game tomorrow and will post my initial reactions.
Old 3rd November 2012, 01:48   #1131
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys for the explanations.
P.S - Got Sports Champions 2 today for Rs 1,799. Also got a HDMI cable (1.8m long) for Rs 350 - it is from a company called Sameo..
Congrats on your new game. Enjoy the game. But, Sports Champions 2 retails for 1799 right? You should have looked for some offers IMO. Regarding hdmi cable, i have heard that there is no difference between local ones and branded ones for shorter lengths. I'm using a local cheap one. Should i upgrade or not ? any idea on this ?
Old 3rd November 2012, 02:06   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your new game. Enjoy the game. But, Sports Champions 2 retails for 1799 right? You should have looked for some offers IMO. Regarding hdmi cable, i have heard that there is no difference between local ones and branded ones for shorter lengths. I'm using a local cheap one. Should i upgrade or not ? any idea on this ?
Yes - Sports Champions 2 retails for that much. If I remember correctly Indiatimes shopping was giving a good deal but then I discarded it after reading reviews about it. A site called nextworld.in was also giving it for Rs 1699 but I was not sure whether it is good or not. I did not search anywhere else. But if you do come across any good price for this kindly share it here

Regarding HDMI - I am using it for the 1st time so I have no idea about it. Even I have heard buying a basic one will do the job. Unfortunately I cannot test with buying an expensive one.

One more question I have regarding Ebay - In each product there is an item named "Time left:1 day 13 hours" for ex. What exactly is this?

Last edited by Saanil : 3rd November 2012 at 02:11.
Old 3rd November 2012, 02:13   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
But if you do come across any good price for this kindly share it here
I didnt saw you asking here . Else i would have found you one. In planetgames.co.in , you will get 100rs voucher for 1st purchase. In indiatimes, there was 10% i think. In gamexs, you can get upto 500rs discount by referring emails( Maximum 500rs. Each referral gives 50rs in your account ; Valid for purchases above 1500rs i think). But, you can always look for used copies which are fairly cheap and you will get many for the price of new.
Old 3rd November 2012, 05:04   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Regarding hdmi cable, i have heard that there is no difference between local ones and branded ones for shorter lengths. I'm using a local cheap one. Should i upgrade or not ? any idea on this ?
Quote:
Regarding HDMI - I am using it for the 1st time so I have no idea about it. Even I have heard buying a basic one will do the job. Unfortunately I cannot test with buying an expensive one.

One more question I have regarding Ebay - In each product there is an item named "Time left:1 day 13 hours" for ex. What exactly is this?
I have been using HDMI for laptop and PS3 for long time. I used cheapest available HDMI and it is working good so far. No issues with regards to audio and video quality as long as it is working. Then i replaced PS3 hdmi cable with a heavy duty, branded one and i see no difference.

The cheapest HDMI connected from laptop to TV had problems with A/V since it was tossed around a lot, was twisted, kicked a lot since it is on floor. It started giving problems and i replaced it with another HDMI. Seems to be working fine. Cost of replacement compared to its life is reason enough to stick with it.

So i would suggest you get a budget HDMI cable for PS3 if you don't wanna spend more money. It should be just fine.

The time left that shows on product page means two things. If it is a Buy it Now product, the offer expires in the time shows. Its a countdown. If it is a bidding product page, it means, you have that much time to bid and win.
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:02   #1135
BHPian

So I bought a HDMI cable for Rs 350 but I am having trouble connecting my PS3 to my TV. The TV is LG with 4 HDMI ports – On HDMI one I have TATASKY’s HDMI cable. First I connect all wires (connector and HDMI wire too). When I start PS3 (keeping the input as AV) it flashes a message that “HDMI has been detected do you want to use it”. I press X button and the screen just goes blank – nothing happens. I tried pressing the power button for 5-6 seconds for hearing the second beep but still the same thing.

So I disconnect the HDMI and normally start the PS3 with AV input. I then connect the HDMI, go to settings, Display settings, Video Output and select HDMI. I press X, the screen goes blank and nothing happens. Kindly note that while doing all this the input in the TV is AV – Even if I select HDMI input in TV (HDMI 2/3/4) I get no signal.

Someone please help. I do not think there is an issue with the cable because my TV/PS3 is recognising it. Please tell me where am I going wrong? Is there some LG specific thing which I am missing (I doubt it but still asking).
Old 3rd November 2012, 14:07   #1136
Senior - BHPian

@Saanil---try connecting the ps3 to your tv only with the hdmi cord. Remove the av cables that connect the ps3 to the tv.

And if that does not work, remove your tata sky hdmi cable from hdmi1 and try wtih your ps3 hdmi cord.
Old 3rd November 2012, 14:19   #1137
Senior - BHPian

any hands on experience on PS3 The Fight - Move game. net reviews are not very good but i wanted some indiviuals among us to comment on it.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:36   #1138
BHPian

Quote:
Someone please help. I do not think there is an issue with the cable because my TV/PS3 is recognising it. Please tell me where am I going wrong? Is there some LG specific thing which I am missing (I doubt it but still asking).
Mine is an LG TV as well with 3hdmi ports. Connect anyone of the cables. Either the AV one or the HDMI one. not both.
If you are using hdmi:
- Connect and turn on Ps3 and it shows a new device has been found or so and you press okay on tv remote.
- wait for a couple of seconds and the ps3 will turn ON.
- Then, do the settings. It should work fine. You should not click the ps3 "ON/OFF" button again. It should remain in green color. If its in red, then its OFF.

Try and let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
any hands on experience on PS3 The Fight - Move game. net reviews are not very good but i wanted some indiviuals among us to comment on it.
Fight is an okay-okay game. its a move enabled game. you can find a used copy for 700incl shipping.
Old 4th November 2012, 01:55   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Mine is an LG TV as well with 3hdmi ports. Connect anyone of the cables. Either the AV one or the HDMI one. not both.
If you are using hdmi:
- Connect and turn on Ps3 and it shows a new device has been found or so and you press okay on tv remote.
- wait for a couple of seconds and the ps3 will turn ON.
- Then, do the settings. It should work fine. You should not click the ps3 "ON/OFF" button again. It should remain in green color. If its in red, then its OFF.
I connect the TV only via HDMI. I turn on the PS3 - and it shows a green light. I then switch on the TV. I go to select a input. I select HDMI - it shows no signal. Then I select the input as AV - I get a message - "HDMI detected - Do you want output in...etc". I select OK and the screen just goes blank. I again select input and then HDMI to see if the output has shifted to HDMI but I get no Signal. When I switch to AV mode again a blank screen.

I have simply no words as to how frustrated I am with this. One small thing and I am not able to get this.

There are two things happening.

When I connect the HDMI only nothing happens. When I select AV and then go to display settings, I select HDMI and then the input goes back to AV. Simply frustrating!
Old 4th November 2012, 01:58   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
I connect the TV only via HDMI. I turn on the PS3 - and it shows a green light. I then switch on the TV. I go to select a input. I select HDMI - it shows no signal. Then I select the input as AV - I get a message - "HDMI detected - Do you want output in...etc". I select OK and the screen just goes blank. I again select input and then HDMI to see if the output has shifted to HDMI but I get no Signal. When I switch to AV mode again a blank screen.
you sure you're choosing the right hdmi option? i mean, you said 4 ports right. If you select the wrong hdmi, say, if the actual port is hdmi3 and you choose hdmi1, you wont get . screen will be blank. try choosing all hdmi1 to hdmi4.

Most Viewed