Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 22:08   #1231
BHPian

Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Added this to the cart, and gave an address in India for delivery. It said, can't deliver this to the address chosen, select some other address..

Anyone else tried this out?
check your PM. Will PM you soon with a few links, that may help you out.

Else you have to choose the Aramex Shop N Ship facility. Will PM
Old 4th January 2013, 22:17   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Uncharted 3 is also good story wise but somehow I feel it is becoming repetitive.
try Uncharted 3 multiplayer co op arena. It is a blast, i am enjoying it more than the single player campaign. Best part is upto 4 people can play it as a team and there is campaign mode as well.
I am playing that with my 2 cousins online, it is fun as hell. But the more the co op players you have , the harder it gets

Let me know if are up for it, we can play together!
Old 5th January 2013, 01:35   #1233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Added this to the cart, and gave an address in India for delivery. It said, can't deliver this to the address chosen, select some other address..

Anyone else tried this out?
Try this one instead.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Kinec...ox+360+console

Landed cost in India is Rs 20000. Adapter will cost about Rs. 2100 more (90 day warranty).

Kinect is the only reason to buy the console.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:14   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Try this one instead.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Kinec...ox+360+console

Landed cost in India is Rs 20000. Adapter will cost about Rs. 2100 more (90 day warranty).

Kinect is the only reason to buy the console.
Interesting, some bundles can be shipped while others can't. BTW, why is the adapter 2100? Why can't we use the US spec power brick and route it via a 230/110V downsteppping transformer? Is the Xbox finicky about the frequency difference (50 vs. 60 Hz) as well?

At 22k, we are very close to Diwali offer I got at ezone: MRP 24k, 8% discount and 5% cashback (which is yet to come)

Yeah, Kinect is awesome, and that is reason I want to buy one more
Old 6th January 2013, 15:57   #1235
Senior - BHPian

As far as the transformer is concerned, well, I assume that you don't have it and need to purchase one. So, that should also cost you a few thousand I guess. Plus I believe it will have some power loss in the process. Hence the general recommendation is to have the correct power adapter.
Since Microsoft has stopped the FOC adapter supply, we have to shell out an additional 2100 Rupees.

I saw one XBOX (old stock) at 23K which had one game (4GB, Kinect)
The others were 26K (had two extra games).
Well, the actual cost (with shipping and customs) is Rs. 18448 as displayed by Amazon.
Add another 2100 for the adapter and the final total is Rs 20500.
This includes 2 games.

In comparison, the 26K offer has three games and 1 month XBOX Live membership plus Indian warranty.
Old 7th January 2013, 17:58   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
As far as the transformer is concerned, well, I assume that you don't have it and need to purchase one.
The thing is I already have a 1 KVA step down transformer lying almost idle, so, if frequency is not an issue, I don't need to spend more.

I really wanted the Nike+ bundle, primarily because I already have the two games that are there in the other bundle..
Old 7th January 2013, 19:03   #1237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The thing is I already have a 1 KVA step down transformer lying almost idle, so, if frequency is not an issue, I don't need to spend more.

I really wanted the Nike+ bundle, primarily because I already have the two games that are there in the other bundle..
Unfortunately, the Nike+ bundle is not available for international shipping.

I do not know if the frequency will affect the electronics in the console or not. How much is the cost of 1 KVA step down transformer?
Old 7th January 2013, 22:51   #1238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47
Bro, you can contact Aramex Shop n Ship. You can buy and send to their address. They will bring it to India for you. Dunno the costs though. Do check that out, if you're so keen on getting that.
Old 8th January 2013, 01:48   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Bought, Played and Finished COD modern warfare 2 in one day itself.
Its the best FPS i had played.
Do play if u like shooters.
Old 8th January 2013, 13:10   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
How much is the cost of 1 KVA step down transformer?
Bought it for INR 1K about 7 years back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Bro, you can contact Aramex Shop n Ship. You can buy and send to their address. They will bring it to India for you.
Thanks will try it out if my current plan of having a friend carry it fails.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:23   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Great deal on the XBOX for those in the middle east.
http://www.ic4uae.com/Product.aspx?productid=74768

This comes to less than Rs. 20000.
You also get AED 150 as credit for your next purchase.
Though there are only four games, the extra controller is worth the price of one game (around Rs. 2000).

Edit: I think there will be no voltage/ adapter issues if this is brought from Dubai and used in India, right?
Old 28th January 2013, 12:19   #1242
BHPian

Is this for the Dubai shopping festival or prices of Xbox have come down signalling the launch of a new console as per the rumors?

I have started playing Batman Arkham Asylum (AA) GOTY after having completed Uncharted 3. Batman AA was tough to find - Flipkart does not stock it. I went to a retailer where I usually go and it was not available there - I was told that the new stock would come by end of this week - apparently the price of this game would be reduced to Rs 999.

But I bought this game from the Game Shop at Oberoi mall after I went there to buy some clothes - never planned to buy that day actually. I got the game for Rs 1170 after a 10% discount.

First impressions of the game seem average - note that I have just completed 2% of the game. Probably the gameplay will get better afterwards.
Old 28th January 2013, 12:27   #1243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Is this for the Dubai shopping festival or prices of Xbox have come down signalling the launch of a new console as per the rumors?
Rumours indicate that a new console will be launched in 2015. I don't see enough competition for Microsoft to speed up the R&D. PS3 is the only competitor with MOVE.

I don't know how much is the margin that the dealers have. My estimate is that on a 25K XBOX, the dealer makes at least 5K in India.
Old 31st January 2013, 22:28   #1244
BHPian

Quote:

Rumours indicate that a new console will be launched in 2015. I don't see enough competition for Microsoft to speed up the R&D. PS3 is the only competitor with MOVE.
As far as i know both the PS4 and xbox720 are expected before june 2013. PS4 launch around May followed by xbox 720 in june.

And according to leaks the xbox 720 includes:

8 CPU cores at 1.6GHz, with a custom 800MHz graphics processor in the GPU. There are 8GB of RAM on board, with 32MB of fast embedded SRAM at double the throughput speed, and a 50GB-capable 6x Blu-ray drive. Wireless connectivity protocols include both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct, and there's still a Gigabit Ethernet port for gamers with low latency multiplayer demands. It'll also come with USB 3.0 and HDMI 1.4a, which supports 3D over HDMI, Ethernet, audio return channels and 4K resolution.

While the PlayStation 4

According to a report from NowGamer on Monday, the PlayStation 4 will be housing eight Jaguar cores at 1.6Ghz each, with an arrangement as two clusters of four and a 'Liverpool Soc' from AMD Fusion APU Architecture.

The RAM speed will apparently be checking in at 4GB, and perhaps 3.5GB available for games to use. It will also be holding a high-speed Blu-Ray optical drive, an upgraded DualShock controller, which may even have an LCD screen built-in as well.

The PlayStation 4's Liverpool SOC will be featuring a custom implementation of AMD, fusion APU architecture (Accelerated Processing Unit), it provides good performance with low power consumption, has an integrated CPU and GPU and some considerably bigger and more powerful than AMD's other APUs.

Specifically, its CPU will have eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, arranged as two "clusters," each cluster contains 4 cores and a shared 2MB L2 cache, 256-bit SIMD operations, 128-bit SIMD ALU, SSE up to SSE4, as well as Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX), one hardware thread per core, decodes, executes and retires at up to two intructions/cycle, out of order execution, per-core dedicated L1-I and L1-D cache (32Kb each), two pipes per core yield 12,8 GFlops performance and 102.4 GFlops for system.

Last edited by k2max6 : 31st January 2013 at 22:35.
Old 1st February 2013, 10:10   #1245
Senior - BHPian

Big announcement by Sony on Feb 20 Seems like they are going to announce the PS4 and it will go one sale for the holidays season of 2013. Maybe a November/December launch.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-...-20-ps4-debut/

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/31/s...0-playstation/

Most Viewed