Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2013, 14:04   #1321
Senior - BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

^Yes. New models are coming out soon after that. So, if you have the money perhaps you should go for the newer ones.
Grand Turismo is only on PS3. Also PS3 has blue ray player, XBOX does not.
New XBOX will have blue ray player which you can use with your HD TV in case you do not wish to buy another BD player.

I like Kinect more than Move, but that is upto the individual.

After looking at most of the games with motion sensing, I think they are far from mature. E.g. you just do a short jump and the on-screen character is able to jump 3 feet in the air. It does not seem realistic at all.
Looked at a guy playing bowling and I was disappointed. Just move your arm a little bit and pretend to throw the ball and you are done.
It does not seem real since there is no weight of the ball that you need to factor in to take into account.

So, after looking at the guys playing these games at Landmark I realized this the games are just not mature enough or maybe I am expecting too much.

Angry birds on my mobile is more fun.

Last edited by S_U_N : 1st August 2013 at 14:08.
Old 1st August 2013, 14:49   #1322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent lurker of this thread and this is my first post. I ain't a hardcore gamer but my interest is only on racing/motor sport games for now.

My sister stays in the US and I have always wanted to get the xbox or Play station from there. Now that my mom is coming back in the month of October I want to get one through her. Here are my questions :

1. Is it worthy to go for the Xbox or PS3 when you have the latest models slated for launch in November ?
2. If i were to buy the current models which one should I buy ? Xbox or PS ? which is more value for money and provides a good gaming experience. As I said, I am not a hardcore gamer and I will be using it not much often. Grand tourismo, cricket and F1 are the current games I can think of.
3. Any particular video format to be considered ?
4. Can the motion sensor consoles used for the non-motion games ?

I don't have indepth knowledge about these hence would request your advise.

My sister has been asking me to finalize the model to buy it but my heart says to buy the new ones :(
Get Ps4. GT6 is coming on Ps3. Ashes cricket might get a Ps4 launch. Ps3 is better in many ways. Also don't get the move kit. You will be bored within a few days as move games are limited and not that much fun.
Old 1st August 2013, 17:53   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Get Ps4. GT6 is coming on Ps3. Ashes cricket might get a Ps4 launch. Ps3 is better in many ways. Also don't get the move kit. You will be bored within a few days as move games are limited and not that much fun.
Thank you harry. Even I am moving towards the PS4 but the issue is my mom will be coming back in September or October and it won't be released by then.
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:53   #1324
Senior - BHPian

hello all the game gurus,

I have a question on behalf of a friend. he got himself the Logitech G27 steering wheel and someone told him there is a converter available using which he can use that for his X BOX too. for playing games like Forza.

xcm f1 converter

Can anyone guide him where in India can he find it?

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:25   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you harry. Even I am moving towards the PS4 but the issue is my mom will be coming back in September or October and it won't be released by then.
What a coincidence, even my mom is coming back from US in September and Iam also contemplating getting a PS3 from US

If I buy, it will be the PS3, 30GB/60 GB sans move option as I already have plenty of PS3 games, hope it works on the newer slim version PS3
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:37   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then i will suggest wait for sometime or get ps3. The advantage in getting ps3 is you can play so many numerous titles already released.
Biggest drawback of new xbox is that you wont be able to play used games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What a coincidence, even my mom is coming back from US in September and Iam also contemplating getting a PS3 from US

If I buy, it will be the PS3, 30GB/60 GB sans move option as I already have plenty of PS3 games, hope it works on the newer slim version PS3
I have a slim version and all ps3 games old or new works fine with it.
Old 3rd August 2013, 13:07   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

I am helping a friend source a steering wheel stand for his logitech G27. Does anyone know where can we find one? I tried looking up online but no results.

Attaching a pics for reference.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-gt-omega-wheel-stand.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img227779.jpg

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img20130803wa000.jpg

Thanks.
Old 3rd August 2013, 21:36   #1328
Senior - BHPian

@harshal: If it is for the G27 that you are looking for, it will cost about Rs. 18500 shipped to India from Amazon (I think that customs will be extra).
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AJGNEE8DM6AAK

And if you want to spend even more,
http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/wl/

They will ship to India for about 200 Euros.

Another option: http://geb.ebay.in/g/ImportHubViewIt...Deluxe-NEW-GT5
Old 5th August 2013, 06:04   #1329
BHPian

Quote:
Hello everyone,

I have been a silent lurker of this thread and this is my first post. I ain't a hardcore gamer but my interest is only on racing/motor sport games for now.
IF you like modding the console Xbox 360 has way more options then PS3 but PS3 uses Blu-ray so that means the games dont have region codes, i beleive the xbox does in this case. but PS3 games are dirt cheap if you can source it from the US. Gamestop.com is a good place to check out prices. i had both and kept the Ps3 because imo the games look much better on the PS3 and i dont wanna pay money to play online!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th August 2013 at 12:02. Reason: Please dont quote entire post for a short reply. Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 11:12   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi Avinash Sir, hope you are doing good. Hope to see you in the airport if both our mom's flights are the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Then i will suggest wait for sometime or get ps3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
IF you like modding the console Xbox 360 has way more options then PS3 but PS3 uses Blu-ray so that means the games dont have region codes, i beleive the xbox does in this case.
Got a message that my sister may be coming to India in November, hence I have decided to try for the Ps4. I don't want to repent and crib on buying a ps3 when the option was available. Thank you all for your advice Now my search for the best car races/driving games search begins.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:21   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now my search for the best car races/driving games search begins.
Is there anything better than GT5 at the moment?
Old 6th August 2013, 17:42   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Nope.
Soon releasing gt6 will be the best.
Old 6th August 2013, 19:10   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Grid 2 is pretty good IMO
Old 14th August 2013, 14:33   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Guys

My brothers console went kaput suddenly(PS3). Switches on and red light is on. WHen you try powering it on the system shuts down. He got this in Singapore and there is no way he can get this replaced under warranty in India.

Can anyone suggest a local repair guy in chennai who can help with fixing the issue.

Sony service sucks
Old 16th August 2013, 02:23   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Guys

My brothers console went kaput suddenly(PS3). Switches on and red light is on. WHen you try powering it on the system shuts down. He got this in Singapore and there is no way he can get this replaced under warranty in India.

Can anyone suggest a local repair guy in chennai who can help with fixing the issue.

Sony service sucks
There are many shops in Ritchie st that can do this but I suspect they will con you on what is wrong. I got my sons game boy fixed there for power unit replacement. Cost me 1100 and the thing was just 2 months old... If you can sit with them to diagnose and fix, it might be worth a try. I won't name the shop because I feel ripped off but if you go there, you will find dozens of shops that can do it for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks