Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 21:47   #1336
BHPian

GTA V Crew

hey guys ive started a crew for GTA V, Dont know if any members into it but if you are feel free to join.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/team-bhp
(Hope i am not breaking the rules, if i have i will gladly delete the crew!)

If you play any rockstar games, do join!
Old 1st September 2013, 20:28   #1337
BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Guys,

I need urgent help. I am about to buy a gaming device, and I am confused to choose which one to go with.

#1 PS3
#2 Wii
#3 XBox

I am only considering wireless controllers / kinetec.

My budget could go be upto 17k.

Which one should I go with? What is the difference between Wii and WiiU ?

Can you guys please help.?
Old 1st September 2013, 20:59   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond_dawg View Post
If you play any rockstar games, do join!
Will join in a bit but I notice nobody else as yet, and i guess you have pre ordered it as well.
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:25   #1339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Guys,

I need urgent help. I am about to buy a gaming device, and I am confused to choose which one to go with.

#1 PS3
#2 Wii
#3 XBox

So Nintendo Wii is available in India officially with all warranty and support?

EDIT: yes it is available (looks like I am still living half a decade ago)
From what I have gathered, the game on Wii are very different from what you get on PS3 and Xbox.

Last edited by alpha1 : 2nd September 2013 at 10:28.
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:47   #1340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

#1 PS3
#2 Wii
#3 XBox
My advice is look at what is servicable of the three. PS3 in warranty will be a straight replacement. Out of warranty its still a replacement with depreciation meaning they will replace 70% cost while you have to bear 30%.

And these devices will FAIL.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:01   #1341
Senior - BHPian

PS4 pre-orders outstrip those of PS2 and PS3

PS4 expected on November 15th in North America and on November 29th in the UK.
Old 4th September 2013, 15:06   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
My advice is look at what is servicable of the three. PS3 in warranty will be a straight replacement. Out of warranty its still a replacement with depreciation meaning they will replace 70% cost while you have to bear 30%.

And these devices will FAIL.
I was just contemplating on buying a console and your last statement has got me thinking.

I enjoy playing First Person Shooter games like Call of Duty, etc. and on rare occasion i play NFS or other racing games and all these on the PC.

Which console would you suggest in terms of reliability, service backup and performance? My son likes the motion sensing games too so this would be a requirement as well.

As of now, just started my search so i have no planned budget.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:52   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I was just contemplating on buying a console and your last statement has got me thinking.

I enjoy playing First Person Shooter games like Call of Duty, etc. and on rare occasion i play NFS or other racing games and all these on the PC.

Which console would you suggest in terms of reliability, service backup and performance? My son likes the motion sensing games too so this would be a requirement as well.

Wont speak about Xbox as i have limited experience with them.
In regards to Ps3 i had mine changed 3 times under warranty. Fault was mine asi didn't realised need a ups with it to control the electricity fluctuation.

Since i got the ups its working fine for last 6 months. Performance is very good and Sony service is great uptill now. Each time they replaced it promptly.
Initially i had the fat one 320gb but last time it went kaput due to fluctuation Sony told me fat one is no longer in production so instead they gave me a brand new 500gb Slim one which is more expensive and didn't charged me anything
Old 5th September 2013, 17:12   #1344
Senior - BHPian

When you are in warranty sony just replaces the hardware. Problem starts when you are out of warranty as you have to cough up more. In fact the most common failure is the power module which is absolutely easy to replace.

Wii is not a gaming device like XBOX or PS3. Wii is a fun station when you want to play a social game.

For serious game get the XBOX or PS3/4

Between these two, i would want you to review the service possibility in the future and support even if its locally available by proper gaming shops.

I have a PS3 and there are no regrets except my brothers PS3 is kaput and i am now opening the device this weekend to check if i can repalce the power module myself
Old 5th September 2013, 18:21   #1345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My son likes the motion sensing games too so this would be a requirement as well.

I am not a game-addict, but play very rarely.

The motion sensing implementation is different for XBOX and PS3.
PS3 needs you to have a torch like 'controller' in hand and a camera detects that, where as, Kinect does not require you to have anything in your hands.

Most probably you will like only one of these two. So, decision is easy.

I suggest visit Landmark or some place where they have all of these consoles to try out. Should be much easier to decide based on first hand experience.

Power supply and heat are the two enemies of all electronic gadgets. Same applies in this case. I am not sure how much outside market support is there for spares and repairs after warranty.
If console usage is not going to be much, then PC is still a very good option.
Old 5th September 2013, 18:41   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Will check around and pick up something that meets my budget. Looks like the xBox is something i would want since it does not require the "torch" to be held while playing motion sensing games. On the other hand, Sony seems to be great on support.

Would the new PS4 play older games which work on the PS3? Or am i better off buying a PS3 on a clearance sale? (assuming there will be one to make way for the new gen console)
Old 5th September 2013, 18:41   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited-edition View Post
Guys,

#1 PS3
#2 Wii
#3 XBox

It all depends on what you are looking for,PS3 will give you the best graphics and largest game library,XBOX360 is good for online gaming with its Xbox live feature,Wii is good if you are looking at motion gaming and like to play old-school games like MarioKart,Zelda etc.
Wii is quite different from the other two as you won't get HD graphics and it's more focused towards motion gaming although the other two have caught up with it.
Wii U is the next generation of the Wii,it uses a tablet controller to play games instead of the motion controllers available in the Wii.Don't know when it is going to be available but I doubt it will be in the near future considering Nintendo's track record with previous gen consoles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Wii is not a gaming device like XBOX or PS3. Wii is a fun station when you want to play a social game.
For serious game get the XBOX or PS3/4
Wii is a gaming console though I agree you won't get same sort of graphics quality you get in the PS3 or Xbox.I own both PS3 and Wii,and most of the major titles that are available in the PS3 are also there on the Wii but you lose out on the motion gaming aspect in some of them.
Old 6th September 2013, 00:42   #1348
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Will check around and pick up something that meets my budget. Looks like the xBox is something i would want since it does not require the "torch" to be held while playing motion sensing games. On the other hand, Sony seems to be great on support.

Would the new PS4 play older games which work on the PS3? Or am i better off buying a PS3 on a clearance sale? (assuming there will be one to make way for the new gen console)
Only if you buy the game on the PS store, the discs from PS3 wont work on the PS4!
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:12   #1349
Senior - BHPian

I bought a used Xbox 360 FAT today. No need to tell that it is mo'd'ed. Could anybody give me a list of action packed games on xbox 360? How is wwe 13?

Also, should I get a voltage stabilizer too?
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:23   #1350
BHPian

try gears of war series , metal gear solid hd collection and call of duty series. Dont know much about wwe games

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks