Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 12:20   #1396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
For racing you don't have many options. NFS rivals is a good option if you are not much into sims. For COD types, you should seriously consider Battlefield 4, amazing single player mission, beautiful visuals, I played it on my pc, experience on PS4 should not be much different.
Since you own a PS4, The last of us should be in your collection by default
The most beautiful game ever created on any console, period. The icing on the cake is, the gameplay is brilliant as well!
Thanks for suggesting battlefield 4. Bought it last week & finished the singleplayer campaign yesterday. Now on to the best part "multiplayer".

I think I'll pass on the NFS Rivals. Ever since I started playing NFS Shift (Circiut Racing), the street racing of NFS Hot Pursuit & Rivals doesn't cut it for me.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:26   #1397
Senior - BHPian

re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Xbox 360 owners, any idea when is the new Forza Horizon 2 going for sale in India? I searched all online stores and also looked in some shops but couldn't find it anywhere. I'm very eager to try this title. It's highly rated in all the gaming forums.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:45   #1398
Senior - BHPian

My PS3 got kaput while using after three years and i was clueless what to do. Thanks to sony new policy they are providing new standby ps3 which are more than three years old. Might be this info will help many.
Old 7th October 2014, 21:47   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
My PS3 got kaput while using after three years and i was clueless what to do. Thanks to sony new policy they are providing new standby ps3 which are more than three years old. Might be this info will help many.
Wow, is this in India? I am quite pleasantly surprised. Thanks for letting us know.
Old 8th October 2014, 15:44   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Yes very much in india and secondly all PS3 within three years of purchase will get somewhere 30% depreciation.
Old 14th January 2015, 00:31   #1401
BHPian

Recently acquired a PS4, have been playing NFS-Rivals and the lack of local two player racing is quite irritating.

Has anyone played the other racing titles available for PS4 --namely The Crew and Driveclub ???
Old 14th January 2015, 18:42   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atul.sxna View Post
Recently acquired a PS4, have been playing NFS-Rivals and the lack of local two player racing is quite irritating.

Has anyone played the other racing titles available for PS4 --namely The Crew and Driveclub ???
Thr crew hasn't got favourable reviews in any of the sites. It has a huge map to explore and takes around 40 minutes to drive from coast to coast. But there are lots of glitches and graphics are average according to reviews. Why don't you try Gran Turismo 6? It's the mother of all racing games on PS platforms. I have played GT6 on PS3 and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 14th January 2015 at 18:44.
Old 19th January 2015, 01:26   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Your PS3 may be repairable. The power supply unit may have gone kaput if your PS3 is not powering up at all. This spare is available online. Else the motherboard of your PS3 is dead. Usually the GPU or few other BGA IC's are responsible for motherboard failures. This is also repairable by "reflowing" these IC's. You can find more info on google/youtube about reflow process and repairs.

Such IC's exist in pc motherboards and you may be able to get it fixed locally by finding an expert who does BGA IC reflows.

Also to add, the cost of such repairs could be in the vicinity of 1-2k which would be quite a save.

Last edited by iron.head : 19th January 2015 at 01:27.
Old 19th January 2015, 13:44   #1404
BHPian

Anyone know PS3 repair shops in Mumbai?
Sony service centre says they dont repair them!
Old 19th January 2015, 14:43   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
Anyone know PS3 repair shops in Mumbai?
This has got me worried. Means no authorized service for PS3 owners!
Please share in case of any updates Manas
Old 19th January 2015, 15:09   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deoelect View Post
This has got me worried. Means no authorized service for PS3 owners!

Please share in case of any updates Manas

I have a relative travelling to the UK.
So i plan to sens it across and get it repaired there.
The service centre guy gave me an option of getting a 25% off on a new PS3 if I give this is back!
Old 19th January 2015, 15:19   #1407
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
AFAIK Sony never used to attempt repairs on a faulty console. If it failed within the first year of usage, it is replaced (just the console) no questions asked. If it fails after that period, the console is replaced after the owner pays a part of the amount of a new console. It used to be 50% back then. Not sure if it has changed now.

This was what Atindriya Bose, Country Manager, SCEI had to say in this regard, during an interview:

Quote:
What about support for out of warranty Indian PS3s? Is there a repair facility now?

No, we’re still offering 50% off on a new PS3 in exchange. There has been no change in policy there. I know you were told about getting 70% off if the PS3 is less than three years old, but that’s not true; the technician at the service centre may have been mistaken.
Source

Sony has also mentioned this:

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 647
Size:  19.2 KB
Old 14th February 2015, 15:02   #1408
BHPian

Gamers,
Now that XBox one is available in India (Warranty only valid in india if bought from amazon.in) and amazon has some 5k discount (Console, Kinect & some games cost ~41k) is it worth to go for it?

Why I prefer XBox over PS4 is Kinect which is a deal breaker for me. Additionally it also work as a media center for watching movies etc. It also allows to use the kinect camera for skype. Otherwise I do not see big difference in hardware. The look is not so good for XBox but according to some reviews, they have made it robust with a requirement that this has to be kept on on most of the time as this is not just a gaming console. In future it might get Windows 10 as operating system.

Any feedback from the gamers? I am not a hard core gamer, I will play some racing games, kinect games (bowling etc).

Of course xbox 360 is a good option but the added features and hardware make me more inclined to xbox one.

Thanks, Scorpio Fan
Old 16th February 2015, 13:00   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_fan View Post
Gamers,
Why I prefer XBox over PS4 is Kinect which is a deal breaker for me. Additionally it also work as a media center for watching movies etc. It also allows to use the kinect camera for skype. Otherwise I do not see big difference in hardware. The look is not so good for XBox but according to some reviews, they have made it robust with a requirement that this has to be kept on on most of the time as this is not just a gaming console. In future it might get Windows 10 as operating system.

Any feedback from the gamers?
I had the similar situation. I am currently in Europe on assingment.
Since long time, i fancied console gaming and wanted to buy one but never really felt that it was worth the money (console one time + expensive games everytime).
And now, finally i got an excuse to buy it for my 5 years old son.

I bought PS4 based on online reviews. Kept playing for around 3 months and then it's joy stick rubber wear off (well known problem).
My Smart TV camera was also no producing good video calling results. So i sent it back to amazon under warranty and got full refund.
Immediately bought Xbox One with kinect (specially for skype) from amazon.

So here are some points for comparison:

Yes, i agree that PS4 looks bit better in design aspects but Xbox one doesn't look bad in any sense. Xbox one gives feeling of robust design.

2. I and my son feel that xbox one controller is more comfortable to hold, specially for long duration play.

I use skype for video calls on xbox one. I use it 4 times a week.
Skype app on LG smart tv is terrible in comparison.
Kinect is absolutely fantastic for producing quality Skype video. It automatically detects human presence and zooms in and out accordingly.
I love this feature.

I have bought Xbox Gold for one year. I can change my country in xbox one account anytime. My Gold membership will be intact.
While PS4 doesn't allow you to change country for a particular account. (It was really irritating for me as i will be back in India after a year)

I could never got my credit card or bank account work to buy something in console store (for India region). There are thousands of threads on this topic on internet.
While there is absolutely no problem using my credit cards and bank account (Indian region) on Xbox one. it's butter smooth.

I never noticed any in game resolution degradation on Xbox one in comparison to PS4. All internet reviews saying low frame rates and resolution problems in xbox one games, are too much
focused for experts and perfectionists.

I seriously don't have any -ve points for Xbox one.

hope this helps.
regards;

Last edited by Nicky : 16th February 2015 at 13:03.
Old 1st March 2015, 23:10   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Guys any idea for how much a ps3 500 gb will cost in the grey market in mumbai. Amazon etc are selling same for 22k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks