Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 00:19   #1531

Re: XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
I have been a Sony FanBoy but stopped at PS3.

Was planning on getting the XBox Series S for him aswell and for me

Not sure if i should wait for the PS5 digital and continue the Sony legacy.
Thats great. I am yet to makeup my mind. Will decide after Diwali :-)

Last edited by aah78 : 29th December 2020 at 20:00. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 4th January 2021, 10:52   #1532
Senior - BHPian

Any Idea when the series X will again be available on Amazon or Flipkart ?

The price is 49k I guess right ?
Old 4th January 2021, 11:06   #1533
Senior - BHPian

Has any one tried the new MS Flight Simulator ? Would it need a new Xbox or would a regular laptop with 8GB RAM suffice ?
Old 4th January 2021, 11:12   #1534
BHPian

You would need a dedicated GPU, so if its a normal office laptop it wont work.
mav2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 14:07   #1535
Distinguished - BHPian

Playstation 5 console went live today, was pretty much a bloodbath on all sites. Was finally able to get one of Amazon. Time to move to next gen has arrived.
AtheK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 14:57   #1536
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Playstation 5 console went live today, was pretty much a bloodbath on all sites. Was finally able to get one of Amazon. Time to move to next gen has arrived.
I own a PS4 Pro 1TB which I bought in year 2018. I am also getting tempted to upgrade but I am not sure whether trade-off concept exists in consoles where I will get a discount on PS5 in exchange of my PS4 Pro. I don't mind waiting and I am also OK to buy it from retail store shelf if they provide decent exchange value . I bought PS4 Pro for INR 39,000 back in 2018
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 15:00   #1537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I own a PS4 Pro 1TB which I bought in year 2018. I am also getting tempted to upgrade but I am not sure whether trade-off concept exists in consoles where I will get a discount on PS5 in exchange of my PS4 Pro. I don't mind waiting and I am also OK to buy it from retail store shelf if they provide decent exchange value . I bought PS4 Pro for INR 39,000 back in 2018
I sold the ps4 pro couple of months back in anticipation of PS5, I got 24000 for it, which included an extra controller. The prices of PS4 will fall even more now that next gen is officially available in India. If you are in the mood to upgrade, best is to sell it now on OLX.
Old 12th January 2021, 21:09   #1538
Senior - BHPian

PS5 sold out in 3 seconds today. About 4000 pieces were released. Talk about cult status
Old 12th January 2021, 21:21   #1539
Senior - BHPian

I need a favour. Can someone post the power cord of the XBOX ONE? I have several cables, and I forget what it looks like. Online, I'm seeing a power brick kind of thing. Not sure if that's the correct one
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_5349.jpg  

Old 12th January 2021, 21:29   #1540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I need a favour. Can someone post the power cord of the XBOX ONE? I have several cables, and I forget what it looks like. Online, I'm seeing a power brick kind of thing. Not sure if that's the correct one
Here you go, this for one x, but one should have same. No power brick.
Attached Thumbnails
XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-img_20210112_212714.jpg  

Old 2nd February 2021, 18:35   #1541
BHPian

Got my hands on the PS5 today. The console is huge but not too heavy. Had locally pre-ordered it at Vijay Sales through a contact and got a call today morning to come pick it up.

XBox, Playstation and other gaming consoles-1736b6eda7724992a1a2953398bfb719.jpeg

The set up took not more than 15 minutes. First thing I noticed was the increase in speed when compared to a PS4. Also the PS5 is able to better utilise the higher internet speeds.

Will post a short review after playing it for a few days.
pranavmichael is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 14:11   #1542
BHPian

Good afternoon fellow BHPian's,
I want to know from users here about the main differences between the Xbox Series X and the PS5 because I am confused between what to choose. This will be my first console ever hence the confusion. I did consider the series S but the storage is an issue with me. What do you guys think I should go for?
Old 28th February 2021, 19:32   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I want to know from users here about the main differences between the Xbox Series X and the PS5 because I am confused between what to choose. This will be my first console ever hence the confusion. I did consider the series S but the storage is an issue with me. What do you guys think I should go for?
I am assuming the graphics wont make a difference to you if you consider the series x or ps5. so lets skip the usual fps, resolution differences and xbox games being available on PC, etc.

Then probably you should compare the games list - past as well as future launches on ps4, ps5 vs x as these will be either upgraded or fresh ones on latest consoles.
My favorites are uncharted and god of war series. As these are only on PS system, my choice is straightforward.

Thirdly, the feedback from ps5 controller is something that you should consider. if possible, try both the controllers to decide your pick.
I mean if you don't like a controller, then none of the above points matter.

I am planning to buy PS5 first as well as series S this time.
Probably series S first as PS5 is not going to be easily available in next couple of months.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:53   #1544
BHPian

Folks, I have a PS3 which hadn't used for years. My daughter has turned 7 recently and I figured its right time to introduce her to gaming. I have the complete rig (2 wireless controllers, 2 Move controllers, 2 Gun attachments, PS Eye) although I suspect the Eye has gone kaput. I updated the software recently. Now, I am not able to find demo games to download using the PS as it is showing me PS4 games.

I tried to get my daughter to play racing and FIFA, once the novelty wore off she wasn't too interested. I have FPS games which are not appropriate for her age. Please suggest some good games so that my daughter can get into gaming.
Old 2nd March 2021, 18:12   #1545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
I want to know from users here about the main differences between the Xbox Series X and the PS5 because I am confused between what to choose.
Currently owning both the Consoles. Both consoles are absolute beast. You won't go wrong with either of them. Both do 4K at 60fps and 120fps on few games. Both are backwards compatible, but xbox has much more games in this regard. Both have super fast SSD. Will point out pros of each console below.

PS5
- PlayStation exclusive games, right now only handful but going forward these will come. And everyone loves them.
- Controller is joy to use for fun to play games with haptic feedback, when you fire from a gun, you literally feel you are pressing the trigger.
- VR support, if one interested in playing VR games.

Xbox Series X
- Microsoft has always lacked when it comes to first party games. But this might change, they have bagged tons of studios who have made Doom, wolfenstein, hellblade and many more. Future is indeed bright.
- Gamepass - All the above games will be available on gamepass from day one. You don't have to spend a single penny. Gamepass now includes EA games too. Basically this is a Netflix type service, you pay Rs.800/- per month and get access to the library with games. To be honest I haven't purchased a single game since 2-3yrs due to gamepass.
- Certain games will run better on the Series X, it has a better hardware. But a lot also depends on the developer. Hardware based HDR can be used on old games too, old games look much better.
- Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision, these are readily available and streaming services make use of these, if now or in future you get a better TV, soundbar or hometheatre this is what series X easily plays.

Overall I have found Xbox to be the go to console, and is cheaper to run over period. I use the PlayStation only for their exclusive games.

Will depend on how you want your console to play, good luck
Hope I have answered your doubts
amrutmhatre90 is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks