Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2007, 07:48   #166
Senior - BHPian

^^ I dont know about the specs or anytihng. But i hate pc gaming. Console gaming is jsut sometihng else.
Old 9th October 2007, 10:58   #167
BHPian

Hey all valid points, PCs will soon catch up with the gpu capabilities of PS3 and maybe cost less than 30k for the same capabilities.
Like I said, I have grown up gaming on PCs and was myself in the fray of assembling the ultimate gaming PC, year after year till last year. Hence I have nothing against PCs.

My reasoning is the amount of $$$ and time i spent on developing my own PC is gone now that I have a gaming console. Now I can go ahead and buy the PS4 or xbox720 whenever it comes out. Its a much easier transition and I no longer need a PC, as I have a good office laptop for basic purposes.

All i do now is look forward to my next gadget, which is much easier, given the time I have

So to each his own gadget - thats what this poll is all about no need to break your head over the majority gadget lovers as per the poll. This argument will keep going on - so lets rest it here.

And yes I never owned an ipod and never will, cause i too believe its all hype and instead use much more practical portable dvr from archos as my car and portable entertainment. I could connect my phone or laptop to the car, which i do but only as a backup on really long drives, when my archos dies out.
Old 9th October 2007, 11:55   #168
Senior - BHPian

I have been a PC gamer for 10 years and recently bought a PS2. Mu decision for buying PS2 is it is going for very cheap. I am not replace my crt tv in the near future. There are many great games available for ps2 to keep me interested for another 4 years.

Fun wise, both PC and console are equal fun when the games plays well on either of them. I think a console has it's own advantages. A game released after 1 year may be too heavy for my system at that time and i have to upgrade the pc. But with console, if the mfr says it supports the console, there will not be any hassles playing it on my console.

When going on vacation, it would be easy to pack my PS2 slim in to suitcase compared to packing my whole pc.
Old 9th October 2007, 21:06   #169
Awaiting Email Confirmation

dude...pc or not gaming consoles are doing their thing all over the world...how many of us would actually go through the hassle of setting up a pc with the capability and then dealing with installation of games and blah blah and all that ...bottomline...console ..put disc ...play game on your HD tv..n thats that..oh and if your a lil hungry then connect psp and use the web as well...
Old 9th October 2007, 21:21   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dude...pc or not gaming consoles are doing their thing all over the world...how many of us would actually go through the hassle of setting up a pc with the capability and then dealing with installation of games and blah blah and all that ...bottomline...console ..put disc ...play game on your HD tv..n thats that..oh and if your a lil hungry then connect psp and use the web as well...
Very true, infact it's the other way around. Gaming consoles today are becoming more PC like. The PS3 can do most of the things that a PC can.

Shan2nu
Old 9th October 2007, 22:21   #171
BHPian

I think we all went through a phase when it was predicted the pc will do everything (gaming, tv, music, web). While that has come to realisation, parallely everything is become pc like and the computer functionality came into all devices. I can surf the web and play games on a ps3, read a pdf on my video player, watch movies and edit word docs on my phone, browse from my fridge, yada yada list goes on

So the computer which was trying to be the "one and all" device that would rule our lives did achieve that goal, but quite indirectly by being incorporated in the tens of gadgets that make up our day to day life.

I can do most office work without a computer, so really speaking the computer is amongst all the devices we have and the idealogy of a solo home pc doing it all for you is slowly being moved out.

I am no nokia fanboy but their catchline is perfect - Is this what computers have become
Old 12th October 2007, 00:07   #172

Gaming consoles are modeled on a PC in terms of functionality, ergo, PC is the daddy!

Why aren't the 22 sensible gamers posting? :P
Old 12th October 2007, 07:14   #173
BHPian

yeah just like crt tvs are the daddies of all other tvs
computers the size of large rooms are the daddies of the pc

sensible gamers - sure the guys who have responded in favor of gaming consoles are idiots, who sell chamko detergent for a living

just kidding vinee, the point is the whole ps3 vs xbox360 vs pc is a poll and we can all express our choices and I respect your choice, but at the same time have my own choice for a reason and won't change it. I am sure the feeling is mutual and we can now move on

cheers,
j

Last edited by jassi : 12th October 2007 at 07:18.
Old 12th October 2007, 11:34   #174
Team-BHP Support

Where does the Wii fit in? Or does it?
Old 12th October 2007, 11:49   #175
BHPian

wii - yep i think we need to add that to the poll too its a legitimate contender, but i don't think its officially sold in india, not that all of the voters have bought their gaming devices from India anyway
Old 12th October 2007, 16:47   #176

Xbox Gamer: Hey! How about we head back home? We can co-op in Halo3 maybe?
Girl: Back off geek!

PS3 Gamer: Hey beauty. Would you like a ride in my Audi TT? How about my penthouse? I ve got a PS3, you know its Blue ray compatible.
Girl: meh

Wii Gamer: *wink wink* Would you like to come home and play Wii *wink wink*?
Girl: Yeah, sounds good.

And finally

PC gamer's mother: Why don't you go out and have some real friends ?
Old 13th October 2007, 12:28   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
Are you sure? Im pretty sure its coming out in the US as well.

Source - GamingIndians . com
These are only speculations (and in most cases it would be true )... what i was talking about was, Sony hasnt made any official announcement regarding the same.. now rumour has it that, they are releasing it in North America on 2nd Nov... Sony to put cheaper PS3 in play in U.S. next month
Old 13th October 2007, 12:45   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
PCs will soon catch up with the gpu capabilities of PS3 and maybe cost less than 30k for the same capabilities.
small correction here... GPU in PS3 is a cut down version of NVidia 7800 (i think)... In terms of GPU capability... PC graphics card would run circles around PS3 GPU.. infact.. if you compare GPU (only) of XBOX and PS3, XBOX GPU is more powerful than PS3.
then again I am not comparing between XBOX and PS3. both system have their own strengths and weeknesses....
do a google and you would lots of links for the comparision.
Beyond3D have more or less unbiased comparison of both...

Also, when it comes to console gaming... its not purely about graphics... its about game play.. the only reason you see Wii being oversold than their counter parts..
Old 13th October 2007, 13:26   #179
BHPian

Sure the wii does all the different things to give a unique gaming experience
Afaik the PS3 had the most powerful processing capabilities so far
PS3 Nvidia RSX Graphics Processor

In terms of gaming experience lack of rumble on PS3 is my biggest crib when I moved from xbox360 to ps3. Rumble will be out soon though on ps3.

Last edited by jassi : 13th October 2007 at 13:28.
Old 14th October 2007, 05:22   #180

^^
What the hell?
Check the date on that link. 2005! We are nearing the end of year 2007. Thats like eons in the world of IT.

GeForce 8 Series

Hats off to Nintendo for attempting something so unconventional in the gaming world. Thats pushing the very outside of the envelope. They have changed the whole definition of video games.

PC > Wii > Xbox360 > {PS3}

Function{} = LOSERS

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks