Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Internet Browsers - what do you use?
Internet Explorer 110 14.99%
Netscape 4 0.54%
Mozilla Firefox 363 49.46%
Opera 63 8.58%
Apple Safari 28 3.81%
The new kid on the block, Chrome from Google 144 19.62%
Any other?? Please specify 22 3.00%
Voters: 734. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2010, 15:16   #556
BHPian

Have been using Opera for nearly 10 years now ( even from the times it was ad supported) and I cannot switch to other browsers due to the comfort and speed it offers. No other browser offers as many features out of the box and it still has the least memory footprint. And it is also the fastest browser out there ( faster than even Chrome ). Once you get used to the features in Opera, you cannot go back. I know Firefox can be customized to have the same features with addons, but addons reduce performance of an already slow browser and increase the bloat.
Many of the features that we take for granted now were invented by Opera first ( Speed Dial, Search bar, Mouse Gestures, built in Bit Torrent client, Built in Mail client, Paste and Go, Best standards support ( first browser to pass Acid 2 and Acid 3 tests ) , Opera Sync, Opera Turbo, Opera Unite etc. ) .
It's a shame that not many people have heard about it and many sites don't support it.
Also, for those who are looking for an adblock for Opera , here it is :
Fanboy's Adblock List for Opera
Old 19th July 2010, 19:09   #557
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Anyone tried the epic browser [ Epic Browser ] ?

Just downloading. Would like to know if anyone here tried before installing it
Colourful. Have not used much except to have a look. Promises a lot. Somehow addicted to Firefox!
Old 19th July 2010, 23:43   #558
Senior - BHPian

I am using the Firefox. Recent days when ever I use teambhp and when ever I go back unnecessarily the Kanataka BSNL website appear and instruct for Modem software updates. Any one experience this with Firefox.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:21   #559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Colourful. Have not used much except to have a look. Promises a lot. Somehow addicted to Firefox!
I have been using EPIC since last few days. Its built upon Mozilla and works like firefox but with lot of additional features. The best is the vertical apps sidebar and the inbuilt ESET antivirus.

Its just great, just voted for it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th July 2010 at 16:09. Reason: Removing some strange code from your post.
Old 21st July 2010, 09:31   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrohit17 View Post
I have been using EPIC since last few days. Its built upon Mozilla and works like firefox but with lot of additional features. The best is the vertical apps sidebar and the inbuilt ESET antivirus.

Its just great, just voted for it. i
Was this posted by you through EPIC browser? Seems something wrong. or T-BHP is not supporting EPIC.

Anyway, I have installed and tried it. But somehow did not impress me. Except for colors. i think its too much colors

Continuing with Firefox.
Old 21st July 2010, 12:21   #561
BHPian

I shifted to Fire Fox 2 years ago and like it a lot. I don't like Windows OS or IE much would like to switch to a open source OS like Ubuntu soon .
Old 28th July 2010, 10:49   #562
BHPian

I used Firefox for many years, now Opera suits my needs, though it is unable to render some web media files.
Old 12th August 2010, 18:08   #563
Senior - BHPian

Chrome gets rid of "http"

I usually don't restart my computer or the browser, something is always open. Did a restart after I got a few Windows Updates, and here is what Google Chrome looked like - must have been an auto update:

Internet Browsers-untitled.jpg

And then I remembered reading this.

My Chrome version is 6.0.472.33 (beta) btw.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:07   #564
BHPian

I guess firefox it is. I just feel like its the smoothest.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:32   #565
BHPian

I have used IE 8.0, Safari, Opera etc and just now switched to another one Maxthon 2.5.11. I find this on good compare to others.
Old 12th August 2010, 20:38   #566
Senior - BHPian

I am totally on Chrome now a days. The best part I like about it is that I can just type whatever I want to search for in the address bar. That weaned me off the Firefox. IE???? Strict no no.
Old 13th August 2010, 00:01   #567
BHPian

TomsHardware conducted a comparison test a few days ago. IE was, of course, at home [I mean, at the bottom], while there was competition between other browsers on various fronts.

Chrome is fast, take 1/100th of Firefox to open [That's also due to the fact that this copy of Windows has been installed for, like, an year now and it's still fine]. But I don't know how I'd live without all my precious add-ons - Delicious, Skipscreen, Datafox, Greasemonkey, Personas, Tabmix Plus and a few others. So, Firefox for me.
Old 6th September 2010, 14:54   #568
Senior - BHPian

Issues with Forefox while browsing team-bhp!

I've been using FF browser for past couple of years and I have never had any issues with it, but recently it has started acting up while using team-bhp, I have few problems..

1) Editing a post shows up HTML code almost 90% of the time! (Check the attachment)
Internet Browsers-ff_issue_withteambhp.png

2) Attach button does not work most of the time for a new post or advanced edit of a recent post.

3) A quick reply - written in multiple lines - gets posted as a single line wrapped at the end of the post's display area.

Thanks to these issues, I've switched over to Chrome and it works like a charm. But the most annoying issue is with Chrome - sometimes the window does not get restored after you minimize it by pressing Windows+M key.

That is a known issue and I wonder why google is not fixing it.

Last edited by clevermax : 6th September 2010 at 14:58.
Old 7th September 2010, 13:16   #569
Team-BHP Support

Clevermax,

Those FF issues are strange. I've never faced a problem. What version are you on?

Also are you sure it isn't one of your add-ons causing this problem?? That would be my first guess.

Perhaps try a re-install too?

cya
R
Old 7th September 2010, 15:01   #570
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess many of us are using FF and don't see anything like this!

(I'm posting this partly to check out a hunch...)

EDIT... the hunch (which had to do with option settings, because I've seen something like this elsewhere) was wrong...

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 7th September 2010 at 15:03.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks