Team-BHP - Internet Browsers
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   Internet Browsers (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1608-internet-browsers-8.html)

No luck. Did what you said adya, but the login screen just sits there staring at me. To hell with it, I'm sticking with Firefox. If a browser doesn't let me log onto websites, I don't want anything to do with it.

Firefox rules. Kind of okay with IE7 especially when you come across sites that are tailored to the MS way of doing things, but there is no beating FF.

I searched for this on the forum and did not find a thread - hence this one comes up.

Which is the browser you prefer on you desktops / laptops ? and why ?

Mozilla Firefox.

- Uses less RAM compared to IE.
- Quite fast.
- Easy layout.
- First browser I knew with tabbed views.
- Decent add ons.

Firefox cause it just does everything right. Although I must say for some funny pages I need IE.

Tried Opera but didn't like it too much.

I use Mozilla.
Willing to try out Opera. Internet Explorer is a strict NO NO though.

I use Firefox 99.9% of the time. Only sometimes when some pages cause trouble opening, I resort to IE. Sometimes that does not help, but often it opens in IE. But still I am more comfortable with Firefox.

I used to use Firefox, i had to fill up some forms and i found that it had issues with asp sites. Then i tried opera and i was amazed by its lightweight architecture and speed! and its very stable, opens all pages properly!

Mozilla Firefox. Its light and perfect. Tried safari but not a regular user.
For some Banking sites, I use IE since it is supported well for those.

Firefox all the way! How can one forget the unlimited number of extensions available?
Next comes Opera.
Even if some pages only work on IE, I use the IEview lite extension in firefox. But never IE!

firefox as it has tabbed views and its better to have it at work where no one will know how many tabs are open when minimised

Quote:

Originally Posted by moralfibre (Post 773865)
Mozilla Firefox.

- Uses less RAM compared to IE.
- Quite fast.
- Easy layout.
- First browser I knew with tabbed views.
- Decent add ons.

It is the best browser by miles.
fast, reliable and most importantly customizable.

Some recommended add ons which i use and found them to be too good:
Adblock plus: solves issue of undesirable material on torrent sites.
All-in-one sidebar: the name is enough
Download statusbar: gets rid of the download popup.
No Script: makes pages load faster. flexibility to give script permissions permanently/temporarily
SwitchProxy: Works best when u have multiple locations with different proxies and one laptop
Tab Control: enhances the default tabbed browzing experience.
TabRenamizer: (again) the name says it all

Firefox for speed :) yes experienced Tab browsing first in it. IE when Firefox acts funny with some pages.

Mozilla is a clear winner here and pros being the ease of usability,faster and customisable though i liked Opera too few years back.

IE could never impress me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 773885)
firefox as it has tabbed views and its better to have it at work where no one will know how many tabs are open when minimised

Doesn't IE7 have tabbed view too?

Surprised to see no one has voted for IE so far, although most do say they run home to IE (mommy?) if things stop working.:D