Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 13:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
See I have many OTR Videos but background audio has many interesting talk which I guess is against the forum rule so I need to be edit background audio talk.
Ah ok.

If you're on Windows XP - i'd suggest Windows movie maker, only because its probably already on your system, so will be the quickest and easiest option!

Its not the most feature filled program, but it will do fine for putting an MP3 as the background music to your video, and then compressing the video to WMV.

One possible deal breaker - it won't allow you to import .mov files (incase thats what your cam produces).

cya
R

PS - Heres a video tutorial on how to add audio (there are many on youtube).
(Just make sure the TASKS button on the toolbar is selected in the movie maker program - it will show that useful left side menu)

Old 31st December 2014, 12:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which software to use for editing videos ?

Reviving a very old thread.

Whats the most user-friendly program to edit videos for the Windows platform? I am looking to edit a video I had shot on my mobile - 3gp video. I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
Old 31st December 2014, 22:02   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
Windows movie maker (which comes with some versions of Windows 7) is pretty decent and straightforward.

cya
R
Old 31st December 2014, 22:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Windows movie maker (which comes with some versions of Windows 7) is pretty decent and straightforward.

cya
R
Ah, not sure if it is installed on my machine. Will check. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks!

EDIT - see that it is available for a free download. Will check it out.

Last edited by naveenroy : 31st December 2014 at 22:47.
Old 1st January 2015, 12:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

You may also try Lightworks:
http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option...oad&Itemid=206
Old 1st January 2015, 13:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Reviving a very old thread.

Whats the most user-friendly program to edit videos for the Windows platform? I am looking to edit a video I had shot on my mobile - 3gp video. I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
I use a software called videopad editor by nch software. It is not free but the trial is a full version. Use it to edit my dash cam videos. Handles large size full HD videos comfortably. Lot of options. Quite impressed with it.
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:03   #52
BHPian

Hi friends,

bumped to this thread, and didn't see much activity herein since a while.
In today's times we see hundreds of video daily being uploaded & shared on the social media circles, and several options has emerged. Even the action cam vendors have started providing their video editing software!

Though Im not really into video editing, I have few times used Windows Movie Maker. Recently came across a nice product "BLENDER" (free & open source). Its far more than any regular video editing tool, as it can do rendering, modelling, 3D, animation etc. After seeing a tutorial video, once I did try my hands, and it seems easy, but really very vast. I didnt pursue it actually.

regards,
Pranav
Old 24th July 2017, 00:21   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Recently came across a nice product "BLENDER" (free & open source). Its far more than any regular video editing tool, as it can do rendering, modelling, 3D, animation etc. After seeing a tutorial video, once I did try my hands, and it seems easy, but really very vast. I didnt pursue it actually.
Wow. It is installed on my Linux system, and (not that I much take/edit videos anyway) have never thought to look at it as it seems very powerful, and with a frightening learning curve. Had also thought it was just for the 3-D and animation work.
Old 26th September 2019, 07:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Video editing apps and software

I couldn't find an updated thread on this topic. Please do merge with any thread if it is relevant.
I have a few videos on my mobile which have audio - video dis-synchrony. The audio lags the video by a noticeable half second or so.
How do I set this right? Is there any free, easy software or app that does this. Since this is on my mobile, I'd prefer app recommendations.
Old 26th September 2019, 08:30   #55
BHPian

I have quite a few years of experience in editing videos/short films. However, I'm out of the scene now so I'm not aware of latest softwares. Here are my recommendations (for Windows PCs, I must add, I've never used anything else):
  • If you're a beginner- Camtasia Studio 8. Don't look beyond this, I myself learnt video editing on this, and it doesn't get simpler. Even professionals use this sometimes.
  • Once you've gained some knowledge- Adobe Premiere Pro or Cyberlink Power Director.
  • What I use now- Wondershare Filmora. This is again extremely easy to use, and has almost all features I need. If I don't need to do anything extensive, almost 99% of the time I'll use this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
I have a few videos on my mobile which have audio - video dis-synchrony. The audio lags the video by a noticeable half second or so.
How do I set this right? Is there any free, easy software or app that does this. Since this is on my mobile, I'd prefer app recommendations.
This is one of the basic things that any simple video editor should be able to do. I've never edited videos on my phone, but you can't go wrong with the PowerDirector or the Adobe Premiere Pro mobile applications.
Old 3rd October 2019, 16:37   #56
BHPian

Update: gradually I have been making some YouTube videos on my channel, and have been learning a bit on video editing. Let me share some software that I use:

Win10 Laptop - quite good config.

1) OpenShot Video Editor : https://www.openshot.org/
quite a lot of features, add tracks, transitions, timings, overlay, various inputs & output formats. I have made several videos by now, found this really awesome.

2) Handbrake : https://handbrake.fr/
handy little feature-packed tool for video conversion.

3) Android Phone: Filmora : https://www.filmora.io/
Quite a good product - add images, video clips, transitions, etc. I have even paid to remove the logo from processed file. In my few attempts I noticed that final resolution is not Full HD, and also for slightly longer video the phone really hangs!

4) Audacity : https://www.audacityteam.org/
I have hardly used this, but found it very feature rich for audio conversion.

For the image editing (basic editing only) - MS-PowerPoint, MS-Paint, IrfanView are handy apps.

regards,

Last edited by pcpranav : 3rd October 2019 at 16:38.
Old 3rd October 2019, 23:50   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

I've just begun teaching myself Final Cut Pro X on the Mac, and its pretty fun once you have the creatives in your head. Then its all just a technical stuff that you need to get a hang of.

Now I just need a better system (a pro would be nice) to work out of. The Air doesn't seem to like this kind of stuff too much.
Old 4th October 2019, 08:56   #58
BHPian

Shotcut is a good for video editing and Audacity for audio editing. Gimp for Image editing, Inkscape for Vector and Blender for 3D. Handbrake is good for compression and video conversion. For professional video editing and color correction, there is DaVinci Resolve. To use DaVinci Resolve, you would need a PC with high configuration. Do note all these are free software but do a real good job.
Among the paid software, Powerdirector does a good job. I had used Adobe Premiere for years. The latest CC versions corrupt my videos so often that I stopped using it.
Old 6th July 2020, 09:22   #59
Senior - BHPian

Reviving an old thread, a bit off-topic here.

Guys, I'm looking for an online tool / software, which helps me create videos by combining pictures, powerpoint slides, with light music in the background. The video would be like a tutorial for technical topics. Any suggestions for the same? Looking for a free tool, for time being.

Thanks in advance!

Spike
Old 6th July 2020, 09:50   #60
BHPian

I am really good at editing videos and make them professional. It took years to find a sweet spot and I have learnt alot from watching tons of vloggers. The best tool I have come across is Filmora.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks