Team-BHP - The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1620-desktop-computer-configuration-thread-2.html)

lol PS when u talk of windows and mac, War is the only answer!

If there was an automotive analogy for windows vs mac it would be
Manual transmission vs automatic transmission
windows =MT
mac = AT

IMO
cya
R

Guys, i'm planning to buy a Desktop PC and my budget is 25-30k(Rs.) ad its gonig to be for gaming basically.
I can upgrade on speakers, graphic cards etc, later but primarily i need a good monitor, CPU, motherboard etc. Cud u provide me a config(keeping the budget in mind)??

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]windows =MT

I am Glad!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]lol PS when u talk of windows and mac, War is the only answer!

Then, You're going down Baby
An IBM PC can do everything that a Mac can do (course u have to spend a little),
But a Mac can never do what IBM PCs can do.

For Egs:

hehe... looks like i am one of the few remaining guys

N4S, Readers Digest right next to ur comp with the words heart attack on the cover... u suggesting the performance of ur comp is so good that it gives u a heart attacl...:;):

PowerSlave, i think we have a somewhat similar computer... but anyways here's mine

Laptop

Dell Inspiron 4150
Pentium IV 1.7 Ghz
512 Mb Ram
30 GB HDD Hitachi DK23Ea30
DVD Rom with CDR/W @24X
15 inch screen
7500 Graphics card with a touch pad mouse
802.11b Wifi

Desktop

Pentium PIII 933 Mhz
20 GB HDD
32x10x40 BENQ CDR-R/W
48X Samsung Drive
1.44 inch Sony Floppy drive
Logimate Scroll mouse
Samsung 15" monitor
Epson 670 printer
A scanner (arriving shortly)

Revv

PS damn you beat me to it,
But how about,
A PC can never look as good as the mac? ;)
or run iLife? ;)
Does not have OSX!

Well 3-1 now

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]A PC can never look as good as the mac? ;)

I'll part agree to that. I've seen some really good looking PCs (AlienWare, Shuttle, etc etc) But yeah, it is hard to say your wrong.
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]or run iLife? ;)
Does not have OSX!

I have absolutely no idea what your talking about!!!
BTW! I know I am not that big a fan of iDrive

And just curious, can you essemble your own Mac? I mean is it possible to through away things u dont like and put things that u feel are better.. Or is it that, once it gets outdated, Through the whole machine, and buy a new 1 ?
Anyway guys, dont mind us, please keep posting your configs!

How many Mac users does it take to change a light bulb?

Four. One to consult the manual that came with it, one to call tech-support, and two to sit and wait for the 'Smiley Face' to appear and say 'Welcome to Macintosh'.

Sorry, couldnt resist

GTO

P.S. Yes I am a die-hard PC-kinda guy

PS alienware and stuff GRR !! nothing that cud look sexy at home and office both

iLife is this suit of software package with apple, includes photo software etc. very cool lol why dont you try it on some new Mac? and OSX is the operating system... man u cant beat that with windows trying to copy it at all times, You know i got a windows based laptop and believe me the kinda problems i have with it, heck it doesnt even let me disable this intel speedstep agent, i spoke to an IBM techie for an hour and finally he said he'll get BACK to me!!

Secondly there are ways in which you can make a PC os look like MAC os but no mac users bother makin their desktop like a PC i mean pee cee! lol

And yep you can always throw away stuff like video card... hard disc... ram... heck i even threw a G4 Cube 2 years back ! yup and buy a spanking new one after that...

Can you run iDVD? iMovie? Final cut pro 4 ( which im learning still on initial stage cuz i dun have the machine right now ) can you add 8 gigs of Ram? have Pci-Express since year 2003 ?

lol PS i hope none of this gets personal if it does lol im sorry man..

AND GTO

Jus kiddin!

( lol yes the rest of u'll keep posting )

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Revvmaster @ May 24 2004,14:37)]N4S, Readers Digest right next to ur comp with the words heart attack on the cover... u suggesting the performance of ur comp is so good that it gives u a heart attacl...:;): *

Revv, that was for 'how not to get a heart attack and what to do in the event of one'.
There is a law, something like murphys, which says that computer chips become twice as powerful every 18 months or so at half the size of its predecessor.
Pcs even 5 years back would look like super computers to what NASA had way back in 1960s. Most of us use our pcs for simple tasks than the chips were ever designed for. Whats the need of a P4 when all you are ever going to do is use a little bit of word and excel and surf the net. Not the case of sour grapes. But some things defy logic. Case of the seven deadly sins affecting us when we decide our computer configurations too i guess.

Check out this link. Million other laws like murphys.
http://dmawww.epfl.ch/roso.mosaic/dm...tml#technology

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]lol PS i hope none of this gets personal if it does lol im sorry man..

No re nothing personal.. Infact I am not anti Mac, basically coz I dont know anything about Mac, so I shouldnt even comment. I have grown up with Windows, and sadly I've seen so many problems, that u cant even believe.. which I heard would never happen with a Mac. AND Still, I am thumbs up for Windows, so you can imagine.. ppl like us will never change to any other system!
And as N4S said whats the point for having big config, if all ur going to do is home/office use. Though me being into Games, I need a high config. But I seriously feel I've never used 2.4 Gig worth of processor speed or 1 gig worth RAM. So I dont see the need of 30GB of RAM!
BTW! It good to know all the info that u've been giving on Mac! Thanks!

And GTO - ... Nice..

Hey guys.
Things are going a little all over the place.
Let's get one fact clear. It's not the point if a Mac is better than a PC.
It's what you need from your comp. One can be comfortable enough when working out reguler jobs
on a PC. Similarly, the same person can face (will face) a speed/process issue when working with graphics packages like Photoshop and such. Worldwide Apple is known for it's ease of use. Especially in the area of graphics. Another point here. They're real tough machines and last really long.
We have three eight years old PowerPC in our office. They're slow but deliver everything without any hicups.
Cheers.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (S350L-E240 @ May 24 2004,23:47)]And yep you can always throw away stuff like video card... hard disc... ram... heck i even threw a G4 Cube 2 years back ! *yup and buy a spanking new one after that...

woah u threw away a cube?
which colour???

next time u plan such a thing remeber abt a poor guy called aadix who uses a celeron 466 with 164 mbram!

any seriouly here's what i use

IBM 300gl

celeron 466 on a intel ca810 motherboard(everything intregrated!)
56x24x52 samsung cd writer
fujistu 20 gb harddisk
samsung 17inch monitor
akai 1000w five spks surround sound system
motorola surfboard modem for accesing net via cable

thx
aadix

ps:guys what a diif between a celeron 2.6ghz and a p4 2.6ghz.which is better?

ps2:guys in order to connect two moinitors to my comp what hardware should i ask in the comp shop?
the current display adapter is intergrated into my motherboard

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (shravan316 @ May 23 2004,21:14)]Guys, i'm planning to buy a Desktop PC and my budget is 25-30k(Rs.) ad its gonig to be for gaming basically.
I can upgrade on speakers, graphic cards etc, later but primarily i need a good monitor, CPU, motherboard etc. Cud u provide me a config(keeping the budget in mind)??

If you've not already ordered one, wait for me to get back.
I can talk to my office suppliers who can give you full support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Rudra Sen @ May 25 2004,17:53)]If you've not already ordered one, wait for me to get back.
I can talk to my office suppliers who can give you full support.

No not yet. Actually, first i got to convince my dad
I may buy one in a couple of months time.