Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 15th June 2020, 01:37   #3421
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
But thanks for pointing out, I might be better off upgrading to a cheap Ryzen too!
Toying with this idea for a while now. I don't do any processor intensive work professionally other than a few long Excel Macros (which only run on a single thread). Therefore, I don't want to waste money upgrading much.

My current system runs a 1TB SATA SSD, which is fairly fast, but the more I read about the m.2 interface, I want a piece of it! for which I need to upgrade.

I currently have an AMD FX8350, with 8GB DDR3 1866.

The total cost of all this just for the M.2 SSD speed and some gains from the new processor (single core is a bottleneck for me) comes to Rs. 37,596, worth it, in terms of an upgrade?

My current system runs a Corsair H50 liquid cooler, for which I can't find a bracket in stock for AM4 socket (I like the system silent and cool, liquid coolers are easy to clean too, but I'm not investing in another one)

Last edited by SLK : 15th June 2020 at 01:41.
Old 20th June 2020, 14:47   #3422
Senior - BHPian

Is there a USB dongle that can enable wifi and bluetooth on my desktop? I can see TP Link has individual usb drives for each.Do we have a single dongle that has both wifi and bluetooth?
Old 20th June 2020, 14:52   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Is there a USB dongle that can enable wifi and bluetooth on my desktop? I can see TP Link has individual usb drives for each.Do we have a single dongle that has both wifi and bluetooth?
Plenty on Amazon. Here is a random one:
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07H9VL11L/ref=dp_prsubs_2
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed