Team-BHP - The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The Desktop Computer & Configuration Thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/1620-desktop-computer-configuration-thread.html)

Mine:

Compaq X1000 Laptop

1. Pentium Centrino 1.4 Ghz Processor
2. 60G 5400 rpm Hard drive
3. 512 MB Ram
4. WSXGA+ 1680x1050 resolution 15.4 inch widescreen.
5. 64 MB Video Card.
6. 3000w Altec Lansing Speakers with Subwoofer (External).
7. DVD/CDRW with external Yamaha CRW-F1 burner (am damn particular about my music quality)

Its lightning fast, and I reinstall the OS myself every three months to have a clean system. Have the hard drive partitioned into 3 parts of 20G's each.

GTO

GTO, mein karne wala tha chalu ye dhaaga! (I was gonna start this thread )

Anyway :

Desktop -
Processor - Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ 800 MHZ 512 L2 Cache
Motherboard - ASUS P4P 800 E Deluxe Motherboard
Memory - 1024 MB DDR RAM "Corsair"
Hard Disk - 160 GB Samsung HDD @ 7200 RPM
Graphic Card - 128MB ATi Radeon 9800 pro
Cabinet - Antec
DVD Rom Drive - Pioneer
CDRW - ASUS 24x10x40x
Monitor - 19" Inch Phillips FlatPanel
Mouse - Logitech MX-300 (good for Counter-Strike*Game*)
Sound Blaster Extigy - (also connects to my PS2)

Laptop -

Panasonic Toughbook CF-72 (LaraCroft TombRaider! )

Processor - Intel Pentium 4 1.8 GHZ
Memory - 768 MB DDR RAM
Hard Disk - 40 GB @ 7200 RPM
Graphic Card - 64 ATi Radeon Go
CD/DVD Rom Drive - Combo
Screen - 13.3" SXGA
Mouse - Kensington Wireless Mouse / TouchScreen
WiFi Ready (802.11b)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Its lightning fast, and I reinstall the OS myself every three months to have a clean system. Have the hard drive partitioned into 3 parts of 20G's each.

Me too, on the same lines!

PS - I love the WSXGA 15.4 Wide! Its just awsome, but too bulky for me to carry around! (Nice Machine - GTO)

Luckily, being in the states i managed to get a pretty good (yet budget) setup.

Mobo - ASUS P4P800Delux
CPU - Intel P4 2.6C 800Mhz FSB 512L2 with HyperThreading
RAM - 512MB Corsair 2-3-2-6 XMS series with heatsinks (high speed ram baby!)
PSU - Antec Truepower 380W supply
HDD1 - 80GB western digital 8MB cache 7200RPM
HDD2 - 80GB IBM 7200RPM *(no raid set up.. wanted to do a RAID 0, but had too much valuable data and got a bit scared *
VGA - Chaintech Nvidia Geforce4 Titanium 4200 128mb with video in&out
Peripherals - Logitech MX500 (lllooooove this 8 button mouse! the BEST for gaming- yes Counterstrike!!)
Display - SONY 19" tube and a 15" tube = dual monitors!! which make using a computer and multitasking REAL fun!!!! a MUST for your next upgrade!!!
Sound - Creative 2.1 soundsystem..

3Dmark 2001 score was - 12500 running dual monitors, with Norton anti virus autoprotect running, and running the ram at SPD!

PS - whats a kensington touchscreen? (we have quite some similarities in our config!)

cya
R

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Display - SONY 19" tube and a 15" tube = dual monitors!! which make using a computer and multitasking REAL fun!!!! a MUST for your next upgrade!!!

Duly Noted! (That is just - awe'friggin'some)
================
Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]PS - whats a kensington touchscreen? (we have quite some similarities in our config!)

Well Actually I meant a Kennsington Wireless Mouse and also the screen in touchscreen!

And seriously the similarities are Shocking!
Infact, i can keep talking .. and talking about your PC config, it surely looks sweeet. The MX-500, The Dual Monitor, The Ti4200, CounterStrike! well I can keep going. And the best part is, u must've got an awesome deal on it! isnt it?

Dell Dimension 4550 desktop P4 2.4GHz, 60GB HDD, 512 MB RAM, DVD ROM/CDRW, Harmon Kardon speakers. 2 years, never had a problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]VGA - Chaintech Nvidia Geforce4 Titanium 4200 128mb with video in&out

Wow ! Is that thing turbocharged ?
;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Powerslave @ May 22 2004,09:46)]Wow ! Is that thing turbocharged ?
;)

Well, actually it does have a blower installed!
I noticed a degradation in performance...or rather a lot of noise on screen and checked the card and the fan had totally conked.... totally filled in with dust. Chaintech sent me a new one for free...no hassles whatsoever.

cya
R

PS - PS - so your laptop has a touchscreen?

Apple Macintosh G4 twin processor 950 MHz (450/2)
30 GB hard disk
1.5 GB RAM
32 MB video memory (no hesitation moving 700 MB file all over the screen
in Photoshop)
17" Apple flat CRT monitor
Yamaha external CD writer
Imoga 250 MB Zip drive
Wacom 12" drawing tablet
Harman Kardon SoundSticks with sub woofer

Fast? I don't know but takes about 15 sec to open a 500MB file in Photoshop

erm...I have a screen, keyboard, CPU and a lil mouse kinda thingi! seems to work.

Laptop : IBM Thinkpad A31p @ P4-M 1.8 ; 60 GB HDD ; 768 MB Ram ; Video in & Out ; 64 mb Fire GL card ; Firewire ; Bluetooth ; Wi-Fi (b) ; Security Chip ; CD-RW ; And an External iOmega DVD burner, Got iOmega due to it's ability to write on DVD-RAM format too

WOWOW!! Team-BHP sure has some POWER-packed machines supporting it!

Now I know what to do the next time am having hosting issues

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]erm...I have a screen, keyboard, CPU and a lil mouse kinda thingi! * seems to work.

Sounds Perfect!

Yes GTO Some very interesting configs around, specially the Laptops are being too cool!

And Rudra Sen, I'd love to check out a MAC, I have no idea what its like (i mean the GUI, and all is it like IBM machines? And whats the difference like *if u've used both* can u tell us the comparison. I mean is it like driving a left hand drive car / right hand drive car, or auto / manual tranny or is it like Bike / Car ?
I love mac, (the looks are simply good, and the new PowerMAC something something (the laptop with 16" + Wide screen lookes SWEEEEET!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]PS - PS - so your laptop has a touchscreen?

Roger That!

Pferdestärke,
Its not about RHD or LHD... It's not about Manual or Auto.... Its not about Bike / Car...
It's about ... Using a computer and Just being on the computer... It's about a Mercedes and M800 ... It's about passion for computers v/s having one cause you need one...

All my first options being the Mac!

It's where you go once .. you dont come back to the WINDOZZ world Ofcourse there are issues like not all games are on it and even if we get some good ones they are very late,
The GUI is excellent it's what MS is trying to copy for longhorn,
Also it has a package which is called iLife, use that once and ull wanna cry till you dont own a mac!

It's more like a home lifestyle device if u have the consumer lines... ibook,imac and a beast to work with when you go to the pro lines Powermac,Powerbook,

Also some fascinating add ons like iPod which is now also in windows version but the mac software just blows you
Ofcourse the only disadvantage i think is the games but i think for games we have enough consoles!
Did you know even MS office for mac looks better then its windows version!

And the new Powermac G5 which ill order after WWDC when the new version comes out Is SEXY!

APPLE = Heaven!

Windows = Hell with a blue screen!

I know this que wasnt asked for me to answer but i just cant help get into an apple topic...

I guess its all about personal preference...but after using Windows, I would not like to go back to using Mac. *I used to use the Mac some 12 years ago...Used it for about 5 years and was extremely comfortable with the way the OS system worked also bcoz the comps in my school were all Macs. *Then I got myself an IBM Desktop. Believe it or not...at first I hated the way it worked. *Was soo used to the Mac...just wouldnt get comfortable with it...but in time.....I started loving Windows. *Then after I have only got Windows....have compaq laptop, and a fujitsu back in Japan.
Though I must say, one of my very close friend has the Ibook....and wow...its one very cool laptop. Very slick and a great machine too.

Presently I use the Compaq X1000. *Interesting but, I think my lappy is identical to GTO's except for the external attachments he has and I have bluetooth in my laptop....other than that...its the same as his...

kimibabe...

Hey man, I am the Lucifer, GateKeeper of that Hell.. We all love our HELL! (Don't We Guys?)

I dont want a war on IBM PC V/s McIntosh, I just wanted to know what was it like having so much power under the belt and still having to drive in the LIMITS?
(Strict Limits?)

Another of those 'mine is bigger than yours' topics. Basic configuration here but i think its still quite capable of sending man to the moon and getting him back. Heres what the contraption looks like.