Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2018, 20:17   #226
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Thanks for the response. But I also wanted to know if I can pair it with android phone since I have one.
Absolutely not. Apple watch cant be paired with anything other than iPhones.
Old 25th April 2018, 20:50   #227
BHPian

Hi all,

I want to buy a new watch, but in a dilemma right now, whether to go for a tradition watch or a smart watch. The current options in my mind are:

1) Casio Edifice ERA-600D - Rs. 13K

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-ex354casiooriginalimaeymg6dsyydgrm.jpeg

2) Apple watch series 1 - Rs 18K

I have seen review for the series 3 apple watch, and there seems to be a improvement in performance of around 70%. But can we consider the series 1 now? Is it slow in performance?
Old 26th April 2018, 08:39   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Go for it. At this price point it is a very good first smartwatch. The performance is sufficient. The Series 1 starting price has currently been slashed in the US by $99 making it great value!

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-apple-...d-deal-at-149/
Old 26th April 2018, 08:55   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have seen review for the series 3 apple watch, and there seems to be a improvement in performance of around 70%. But can we consider the series 1 now? Is it slow in performance?
I would recommend you not to go for series 1 now because it is still a first generation product. It is slow for sure, has one day day life (as opposed to two days for Apple Watch 2 and 3), not as water resistant (you cant take it swimming) and no GPS so its not good for measuring workouts unless you keep the phone with you when you go running for example. As a bare minimum, I would recommend going for series 2 atlest mainly for the reasons as I mentioned earlier - better battery, better water resistance (I dont know of any other smartwatch which is rated 50m water resistant), gps and better performance.

P.S. I had a series 1 which was average at best and I did not get much use out of it because apart from heart rate monitoring it did not do much without a phone tethered to it. It was pretty useless at running apps too. Series 2 was a whole lot better with much better battery life, gps built in and much better performance. I am on series 3 gps plus cellular right now and the freedom of being able to take it out without a smartphone is tow is godsend and it lasts me a good two days easily under normal usage.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 26th April 2018 at 08:56.
Old 26th April 2018, 09:14   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Unless you want it for snob value, no point in buying something that is two/two and a half generations old already. Esp for a relatively new product such as this, where Apple is expected to make rapid improvements each year to keep it relevant.
Old 26th April 2018, 12:25   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Just got my hands on Amazfit Bip. For ₹ 4,000 this one looks like a good deal. Will post a detailed review after a week. I want to test the battery life and stuff.
Eager to hear impressions on this watch.. am considering ordering one from AliEx..
Old 26th April 2018, 19:47   #232
BHPian

My friend has a Lenovo k6 Note and he recently bought a smartwatch Fossil Q. But he is unable to connect the watch to the phone. Neither device is able to see the other under Bluetooth. Any solution?
Old 26th April 2018, 20:18   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Eager to hear impressions on this watch.. am considering ordering one from AliEx..
There is a related discussion on the same (Post 203 to 207)
Old 26th April 2018, 20:21   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
My friend has a Lenovo k6 Note and he recently bought a smartwatch Fossil Q. But he is unable to connect the watch to the phone. Neither device is able to see the other under Bluetooth. Any solution?
I have a Q Wander and a Q Venture. I recollect that initial pairing with my Mi5 was buggy but paired smoothly with my OP5. Suggest you try another phone just to rule out issues with the watch BT transreceiver.

Try to 'forget' the watch from the phone and try again - I think mine had got stuck because of that.
Old 26th April 2018, 20:36   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I have a Q Wander and a Q Venture. I recollect that initial pairing with my Mi5 was buggy but paired smoothly with my OP5. Suggest you try another phone just to rule out issues with the watch BT transreceiver.

Try to 'forget' the watch from the phone and try again - I think mine had got stuck because of that.
There is nothing to forget. The two devices simply cannot see each other. The two can pair easily with other devices (separately), though. For example the watch can pair with a Samsung, and Lenovo can pair with another phone or car audio. The trouble is that they cannot see each other. No amount of restarting or power off/on has worked. Wonder if it is Android version issue in the phone, as the Fossil was purchased recently and should have the latest version of whatever.
Old 26th April 2018, 21:10   #236
BHPian

Folks

A bit of a noob when it comes to these devices, so please bear with me. I'm looking for a device for my mother with below requirements.

Main requirements:

1. Track calories burnt through daily activities, walk/jog and mainly her Yoga/Suryanamaskar sessions.
2. Heart rate monitor.
3. An app that shows good trend/summary reports against the set weight/fitness goals.
4. Walk/Activity reminders.

Good to have:

1. Sleep tracking.
2. Budget under 10k.

Not really going to be used:

1. Sync with phone for calls, alerts etc.

With the above requirements, I got a MI band 2 only to realize that it can't track calories during Yoga. Also, the steps taken and calories burnt don't seem to be accurate, in spite of entering the attributes like age, height, weight etc.

Inputs requested.
Old 26th April 2018, 23:53   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkdelhi View Post
Wonder if it is Android version issue in the phone, as the Fossil was purchased recently and should have the latest version of whatever.
A generic Lenovo issue with Android Wear?
https://www.google.co.in/search?clie...RxorwrSY9Zk%3D
Old 1st May 2018, 12:19   #238
Distinguished - BHPian

Smartwatch gurus: I want to buy a Apple Watch Series 3 (cellular + GPS) as a gift by mid-May. Have the option of buying from India (39k!) or from the US (~$400).

Will the US one at all work in India? The models (& LTE bands) seem to be totally different. Can anyone guide me please?

https://www.apple.com/in/watch/cellular/
Old 1st May 2018, 12:43   #239
BHPian

Cellular feature doesn't work in India due to govt. regulations for esim. Price of regular series 3 isn't much of a difference between US and India. There are many bank offers going on which brings the price less than US unless there are promotions going on in US.
Old 1st May 2018, 12:49   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rationalist View Post
Just got my hands on Amazfit Bip. For ₹ 4,000 this one looks like a good deal. Will post a detailed review after a week. I want to test the battery life and stuff.
I got one too through banggood.com as it sure shot way to get without customs duty . Reached me quickly in 8 days as banggood uses GATI courier for shipping.

Only issue at the moment is, its not tracking day time sleeping :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks