Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2015, 09:14   #76
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

I recently bought Intex iRist watch. It is not a specialized sports watch. It runs complete android OS (including Sim and SD card, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS). I am using it during my cycling with Rantastic application. Application is mostly stable, but crashes few times. Other applications like Google Maps, Music Player which I use mostly are working fine. With cost less than 10K, it is a good option.
Old 11th September 2015, 14:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I recently bought Intex iRist watch. It is not a specialized sports watch. It runs complete android OS (including Sim and SD card, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS). I am using it during my cycling with Rantastic application. Application is mostly stable, but crashes few times. Other applications like Google Maps, Music Player which I use mostly are working fine. With cost less than 10K, it is a good option.
Looks like all it needs is the capability to talk and send sms and you could chuck your phone :-)
Old 11th September 2015, 17:02   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Been trying to purchase this watch. But the seller on eBay doesn't ship to my pin code at cochin unfortunately. Did you purchase this from eBay. I read a piece of news which said it will made available at Intex retail partner stores after initial launch through eBay. Any idea on the same ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
Looks like all it needs is the capability to talk and send sms and you could chuck your phone :-)
You can do both of that. It takes a 3G sim.

Last edited by Eddy : 11th September 2015 at 18:45. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!
Old 11th September 2015, 23:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswin ajith View Post
Been trying to purchase this watch. But the seller on eBay doesn't ship to my pin code at cochin unfortunately. Did you purchase this from eBay. I read a piece of news which said it will made available at Intex retail partner stores after initial launch through eBay. Any idea on the same ?
Yes, i bought from eBay. Not sure about the availability with any other retain outlet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
As Aswin mentioned, it is a full fledged phone. If you have a bluetooth device (one bluetooth headset is provided as accessory in the package) then taking calls is not a problem.

The speakers also gives decent sound, by which we may able to take emergency calls. I never tried that. But whenever i do cycling / running, i am able to hear the instructions / kilo meter completion alerts clearly. Also the map navigation sounds. Also it has a (spy) camera
Old 18th September 2015, 22:08   #80
BHPian

Lost my charging cable for Fitbit Charge HR. Any clue where to get a replacement? Looked online but to no avail. I stay in Delhi-NCR.

Thanks!
Old 19th September 2015, 08:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro View Post
Lost my charging cable for Fitbit Charge HR. Any clue where to get a replacement? Looked online but to no avail. I stay in Delhi-NCR.

Thanks!
Try Amazon.com or aliexpress.
Old 20th September 2015, 10:29   #82
BHPian

Quote:
I recently bought Intex iRist watch.
Can we use apps like Runtastic/Strava on this? It will be awesome if we can!
Old 20th September 2015, 22:51   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond_bhai View Post
Can we use apps like Runtastic/Strava on this? It will be awesome if we can!
Yes, i am using Runtastic on my cycling / walking trips and it automatically uploads the map / details in Facebook too.
Old 10th October 2015, 20:15   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, I picked up the Moto360 with the cognac leather strap from Bestbuy Seattle for 164$ including sales tax. Very happy with it, suits all my needs. Immediately auto-updated to Android Wear 1.1.1.2006643 and Android 5.1.1

Has raised my quotient in office big-time
Whats your feedback on moto 360? I am looking for a smartwatch and confused between moto 360 and pebble steel.

Thanks and regards.
Old 25th October 2015, 21:25   #85
Team-BHP Support

I have a Mi Fitness Band. It was not in use for a couple of weeks and hence lost all its charge.
I connected it to a charger and one green light came up. Some time later the lkight went off and it went dead on me. No response at all. The phone also could not find it.

I tried connecting it to my laptop and charge. But again no response.

I left it and tried in the morning and it was still dead.

Googling took me to a forum that said I must leave it in....wait for it, the fridge for 8 hours.

Since I had nothing to lose, I did just that. It works. I connected the band to the charger and its been charging for two green and now has the third one flashing.

I have no idea how this works. But it did.
Old 25th October 2015, 22:12   #86
Senior - BHPian

I just now ordered a Garmin Vivofit 2 from paytm for 4000 bucks.
It has a backlit display and also battery lasts for 1 year and compatible with heart rate monitor. Will update with my observation after using for a while.
I did consider the Fitbit charge HR but it costs 10K and the heart rate monitoring has lots of issues based on reviews.

Any reviews on the Garmin Forerunner 10/15?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:51   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I just now ordered a Garmin Vivofit 2 from paytm for 4000 bucks.
It has a backlit display and also battery lasts for 1 year and compatible with heart rate monitor. Will update with my observation after using for a while.
I did consider the Fitbit charge HR but it costs 10K and the heart rate monitoring has lots of issues based on reviews.

Any reviews on the Garmin Forerunner 10/15?
Hey Adi,
My withings is giving me problems. I was planning to replace it with Vivofit2.
The least quote i found on Paytm was 5100 after cash back.
4K seems to be a very good deal. Is it on vivofit or vivofit2?
Could you help me with some links where you had this offer?
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 26th October 2015, 11:23   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Using Mi band for the past 4 months. Happy with what it offers at the price point.

1. Counting is pretty accurate once the parameters are configured properly. However there are some false counting scenarios like waving your hand, fast typing.

2. The vibrating alarm is a nice feature. I use this over my regular phone alarm.

3. The band strap is not robust and has already started splitting at the edges. Ordered a new one on Aliexpress for around 350 bucks !! Orignal black band not available in India.

4. The sleep tracking is very very accurate. I am amazed by how it tracks the exact moment i go to sleep and wake up!

All in all , bang for the buck @ 1000 bucks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:07   #89
BHPian

Got a MI Band. Just a day old. Had a tough time pairing it on BlackBerry z10 with MI fit app so has paired with wifeys android phone. Seems the notification services are available only if the android version is 5.0+ Anyone has tried It for other activities like cycling? Seems there are 3 rd party apps which you can sync with the band having lot of options.
Old 28th October 2015, 19:24   #90
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Anyone has tried It for other activities like cycling? Seems there are 3 rd party apps which you can sync with the band having lot of options.
I have worn it while cycling. It registered nothing. Have not tried with third party apps.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks