Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2015, 15:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

Alpha bhai you speak the truth. But kya karen the heart is but a child and cannot resist gear lust!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How do you plan to buy it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Same query.
Any reviews and where to buy? I absolutely hate this lottery system for Mi products.
It is available on Dx.com,might order it from there, after i get some reviews.
Found this out of sheer luck!

Will let you guys know whether it is worth it!
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1431770279140.jpg  

Last edited by phamilyman : 16th May 2015 at 15:31.
Old 16th May 2015, 18:22   #17
BHPian

Re: The Fitness Band/Smartwatch Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
I bought a Goquii a few months ago and haven't been able to use it as it doesn't pair with my iPhone.

Does anyone have an opinion on this product?
Which iPhone do you have? As per Goqii's product page, it is compatible with 4S and above.

I think it's a pretty VFM device as it is available for 4k alongwith 3 months subscription of a personal trainer.
I might buy it if I'm not able to get my hands on the cheap Mi and Yu bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

Found this out of sheer luck!

Will let you guys know whether it is worth it!
Did you buy it via dx.com? If yes, please share the link
Old 16th May 2015, 18:36   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autonarr View Post
I bought a Goquii a few months ago and haven't been able to use it as it doesn't pair with my iPhone.

Does anyone have an opinion on this product?
I'm using this with my phone, albeit, it's Android. I'll try it with my wife's iPhone and let you know. However, there's no additional utility of pairing it, except just to keep a record. Also, on a recent drive to lansdowne, I clocked 5000 steps when I reached the place!
Or is that a "function" on all bands?
Old 17th May 2015, 14:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

I have been using a Withings Pulse O2 tracker http://www2.withings.com/us/en/store/details/pulse-O2 for the last couple of weeks.
It comes with an OLED touch sensitive display that comes on with the press of a button.
The battery seems to be lasting for about 2 weeks now.
Syncs via bluetooth with Android and iOS phones.
Can monitor steps, elevation, distance, calories, running, heart rate and sleep.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 19th May 2015, 16:59   #20
BHPian

Picked up the MI in the flash sale for 999 today.
Anyone else who jumped the bandwagon ?
Old 19th May 2015, 20:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Picked up the MI in the flash sale for 999 today.
Anyone else who jumped the bandwagon ?
Didn't try this time.
But a friend got through and added 1 for me in his cart.
Old 21st May 2015, 07:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

So I have spent a couple of days with MI. It's nice and functional. It measures your steps and your sleep patterns. Here's the data for yesterday and today.

The app is very basic and doesn't integrate with non Chinese providers like strava.

The band is water proof. The battery reduced by 1% over all of yesterday (checked ten times!)

Took a ~5 km taxi ride and the steps added were 21. So I'm happy on that account as well. Far less bogus data than I'd have thought.
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1432171926199.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-1432171946041.jpg  

Old 21st May 2015, 15:56   #23
Team-BHP Support

What a sham the MI flash sale was. I logged on five minutes before the sale had to start. There was a reverse countdown on and I clicked on the buy button as soon as the clock hit 2 and the link was activated. After that..... nothing. "Our servers are too busy, please try again". Had logged in from two laptops and same story with both.

Will try again next week !
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Have a Pebble Steel myself. Can be used to measure activity and sleep pattern apart from numerous watch faces but the killer feature by far is the battery life - lasts about seven days after a two-hour charge! And after seeing reports of the Apple Watch and a colleague's Moto360 - the screen is always on, which is the most basic requirement for a watch.

Last edited by StarScream : 22nd May 2015 at 15:51.
Old 22nd May 2015, 15:55   #25
BHPian

Got the MI band as well . Seems functional and accurate.

Hacked it to auto-unlock my mobile (Note 2). Would have loved if it integrated to other fitness apps.
Old 23rd May 2015, 22:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

Five day update - the MI band continues to impress me. In a day of workin at the laptop at the hotel, it only added about 100 steps (including a couple of visits to the loo!). While on a one hour ferry, I was asleep it added ZERO steps. Yessir. Zero. Ditto about 45 min typing on the laptop - Zero steps.

Overall, I am quite liking this nifty gadget - it does keep you a bit on your toes. That's good enough for me.

The battery looks like it'll last me an actual 35-40 days including syncing about ten times a day - its at 88% (down 9% in four days). Its taken a cold shower and a rain till now. I've read that its only susceptible to vapor from hot showers other than that I've not bothered to remove it while showering today! Let's see
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
With wearable tech landscape increasing day by day, I think we need a dedicated fitness band and smartwatch thread for all the queries and buying decisions.

It would be helpful, if BHP-ians post their views and reviews about the wearable tech they have been using.
I am also in the market for a fitness tracker but am confused with the number of options. I understand that Fitbit and Jawbone are among the best in the business, but they don't have widespread availability.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Makes sense. My post, (I think) about 8-10 months ago, on a fitness band related query was merged with a 'Bodybuilding/exercise thread'. I never got a reply on my query.

But I do see engaged discussion here.

So, I am posting again:

I am not a fitness freak and I am content walking. Which fitness band should I go for? I noticed Ironman. Anyone using it?

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/wearables/ne...n-india-688686
Old 23rd May 2015, 23:49   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Makes sense. My post, (I think) about 8-10 months ago, on a fitness band related query was merged with a 'Bodybuilding/exercise thread'. I never got a reply on my query.

But I do see engaged discussion here.

So, I am posting again:

I am not a fitness freak and I am content walking. Which fitness band should I go for? I noticed Ironman. Anyone using it?

You can see my Mi Band reviews here. For walking, Mi Band is more than enough. What extra do you see in Ironman to justify the 9x price?

If you want a watch replacement that alerts you and also tracks steps, then go for it. For *just* tracking steps, Mi is enough.

Mi is giving me 30+ days of life (or so I expect). Ironman is rated for 7 days and the Move doesnt offer too much except the water rating and the alerts/watch. Worth it only as a watch replacement.
Old 24th May 2015, 11:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post

If you're not a fitness freak, then maybe you should go with the Mi Band(if you can get hold of one)
The more expensive bands like the Timex Ironman and Garmin VivoFit would be justified if you are going to need the GPS capabilities in daily runs and need detailed data regarding your intense workouts.

To measure only steps while walking, Mi band, Yu Fit band and the likes are good enough.

Last edited by Marauder : 24th May 2015 at 11:59.
Old 26th May 2015, 18:21   #30
BHPian

Bought Polar Loop last year and returned it within a week as it had synching issue with Android App. Finally went with Garmin VivoFit and boy, what an amazingly accurate the device is! Used it for about 4 months or so, and returned to regular wrist watch after:
a) walking became a part of lifestyle; and
b) novelty factor wore off

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks