Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 07:16   #646
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread

I am on my second Garmin right now, a 2019 Forerunner 945 (the first being a Fenix 3). Just thought I’d report an issue I’ve faced unexpectedly.

The bottom left button (scroll down button) just stopped working. It became hard and even if it presses it doesn’t work. When I googled this, I realised this is quite an issue with this particular model and its known to be replaced under warranty.

I raised this Garmin service India (I’m well out of warranty now) and they examined it. The solution they provide is that if its not fixable they give a brand new dial (that’s basically a brand new watch minus just the strap) for a charge of INR ~12.5k. While I’m not happy at shelling out 12.5k per se, in a sense I have received a brand new watch for 12.5k as a result of this issue so I am fine with the result.
Axe77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 10:49   #647
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I am on my second Garmin right now, a 2019 Forerunner 945 (the first being a Fenix 3). Just thought I’d report an issue I’ve faced unexpectedly.
Thanks for letting us know. There are many here with the 945 (me included). Almost a year done for me. Will keep watch. But on the whole a brilliant experience with the watch!
Old 9th October 2021, 10:59   #648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post

I raised this Garmin service India (I’m well out of warranty now) and they examined it. The solution they provide is that if its not fixable they give a brand new dial (that’s basically a brand new watch minus just the strap) for a charge of INR ~12.5k. While I’m not happy at shelling out 12.5k per se, in a sense I have received a brand new watch for 12.5k as a result of this issue so I am fine with the result.
I had a similar experience with my FR920XT. After 2.5 years, there was some problem with the screen and they replaced the complete watch for about 9k. The strap in the replacement they sent broke in a few weeks and they sent me a new strap as well. So I got a brand new watch for 9k. Though this is a little expensive, their service is hassle free.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 11:28   #649
BHPian

Re: Which watch do you own?

Its been a few years that I have stopped wearing the regular watches. I am using my Garmin Fenix 5x for the last 3 years.

Name:  WhatsApp Image 20211022 at 09.20.50.jpeg
Views: 442
Size:  26.2 KB

Last edited by ampere : 22nd October 2021 at 09:24.
Old 18th October 2021, 09:40   #650
BHPian

A day after Amazfit launched the GTR 3 series, my GTR 2e has stopped responding.

It worked alright for the first 2 months and 4 days I have had it, but as of 10:02 PM last night, it refuses to turn on without a charger attached.

Last I remember, I had about 35% charge remaining when the display refused to turn on. Now it only turns on when the charger is connected. It even connects to the phone via bluetooth with the charger connected but doesn't go to the watch face screen and is stuck on the "Charging" screen.

After charging overnight, the only functions I can still use this morning are power off and restart when the charger is connected. It turns off as soon as I remove the charger.

I have emailed Amazfit support, let's see if/when they respond.

The sad thing is, I liked it very much since it was helping me improve the quality of my life. So much so that we now have 3 Amazfit watches in my immediate family within the last 2 months. I hope they do not disappoint and ruin this for everyone.
Old 21st October 2021, 01:27   #651
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
A day after Amazfit launched the GTR 3 series, my GTR 2e has stopped responding.
Hi my Amazfit Bip U stopped working a couple of months ago. I contacted customer support and the arranged for a pickup and sent a new watch after a couple of weeks. It was unpacked and was returned with my used straps and charger.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st October 2021 at 13:06. Reason: Please quote selectively. Thanks.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 12:55   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Hi my Amazfit Bip U stopped working a couple of months ago. I contacted customer support and the arranged for a pickup and sent a new watch after a couple of weeks. It was unpacked and was returned with my used straps and charger.
Pickup happened yesterday.

Let's see if I get the same resolution.
Old 22nd October 2021, 07:57   #653
BHPian

My wife has a fitbit Alta hr and it's over 3 years old - may be closento 4 years. It's misbehaving now showing incorrect heart rates. Anyway, planning to get her a new one soon.

Since she is already familiar with fitbit, naturally planning to go with fitbit. Any feedback on versa 3? Any obvious issues or would anyone suggest to go out of fitbit ecosystem? Important features required - reasonably accurate step counter, gps(she missed this in the alta hr), sleep tracking. Every thing else like notifications etc may or may not be used much. I liked the fact that you can receive calls using versa 3 and this may be helpful especially during the corona times as her phone tends to get lost with the kids playing around, and taking calls may be helpful - but don't know how practical it is even for short calls.

Last edited by deep_bang : 22nd October 2021 at 08:01.
Old 2nd November 2021, 22:59   #654
Senior - BHPian

Any galaxy watch LTE users here ? I've been using a Galaxy watch 4 for a little over a month and have a few questions.

When you go for a run leaving your phone behind donyou get all your notifications? i.e Calls, emails, whatsapp and SMS

My watch gets Calls and whatsapp notifications ONLY if I enable 'remote connection' in the watch app. I still don't get email alerts, however.

If I disable 'remote connection' and leave my phone behind or go out of bluetooth range, I don't get anything except for calls.

Is this how it's to work or do I need to change certain settings ?
Old 9th November 2021, 09:54   #655
BANNED

I have a Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire bought in Nov 2020. It is hardly used especially considering lockdowns. I also got COVID owing to which I was also down for a month. The strap broke in First Week August 2021. Due to engagements, I raised complaint on 1st Sept 2021. Till date Garmin has not responded how can the strap break on a 85K INR watch when the watch is barely used. There has been no resolution. I do not think I will be considering Garmin in future considering lack of support for existing customers .
Attached Thumbnails
The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img_1716.jpg  

The Fitness Band / Smartwatch Thread-img_1718.jpg  

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 9th November 2021 at 09:55.
Old 18th November 2021, 09:16   #656
BHPian

Owning to my high cholesterol levels, I’m at an increased risk for heart issues. Therefore, I’m looking for a smart watch which primarily tracks my heart rate (resting, walking around etc). Step count, sleep tracking, answering phones etc are not a priority. Is there any such device under 20k that I can look at? Apple watches are way over budget for me.
Old 18th November 2021, 14:14   #657
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
I have a Garmin Fenix 6X Sapphire bought in Nov 2020. It is hardly used especially considering lockdowns. I also got COVID owing to which I was also down for a month.
Usually should not happen. But since this happened, don't know how to get this fixed. Usually the straps are robust and yes Garmin should help resolve this.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:44   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Owning to my high cholesterol levels, I’m at an increased risk for heart issues. Therefore, I’m looking for a smart watch which primarily tracks my heart rate (resting, walking around etc). Step count, sleep tracking, answering phones etc are not a priority. Is there any such device under 20k that I can look at? Apple watches are way over budget for me.
Will suggest Fitbit Charge 5 at 15k or Fitbit Sense at 22K. Both have excellent HR trackers and Inbuilt ECG tracking, which is a good feature.
roamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 21:43   #659
BHPian

Gents, need a suggestion. I want a health tracker for tracking general fitness. I am not into running but more badminton, gym time of person. I am kind of torn between Garmin Venu 2 vs Forerunner 945. The only thing which is tempting me for 945 is that it tells you when you are fully recovered and ready for next workout. Is 945 really worth 15k more ? Is there any other health tracker I who look at. Already have an Apple Watch. I need a dumb-watch and a smart health-tracker rather than the other way round😊
Old 26th November 2021, 20:52   #660
BHPian

Anyone using smartwatches from lesser known brands like Noise, Boat, etc ?

Am planning to buy one sub 5k smartwatch compatible with Iphone 13, my main requirements are calls, music and GPS, basically to wear while riding.

Any recommendations/suggestions ?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by 2500cc : 26th November 2021 at 20:57.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks