Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

PS2 Memory card problem

I recently bought a 16MB memory card for my ps2 slim.
The problem is, some of the games detect the card, while some dont. Games that detect: Black, Hitman, MCDUB3 etc., games that dont detect: Black, Burnout and many others.

Do i need to format the card? If so, how is it done?
There is a file called "system settings" in the card. Should i delete this card and try?
thanks in advance.
Old 3rd September 2006, 22:26   #2

I usually format the memory card on the computer itself... which is very easy to do once you buy a memory card reader. I too had very weird problems with my mem stick on the PSP but i removed it, cleaned the head and inserted it again and it was fine. And, on another occasion, formatted it on the comp. After that, no problems whatsoever....

Since you have a PS2, i'm not too sure if one can format the card on that, but 90% it should be possible. Anyways, if it doesn't, you can always buy a card reader for some 300 or 400 bucks and format using that on your system...
Old 4th September 2006, 01:21   #3
BHPian

The memory card on the PS2 is different from the one on the PSP which is a standard format Memory Stick PRO Duo. The one in the PS2 is a proprietary format which cannot be attached to a computer using the card readers available.

As for the actual problem, I think its not working as the PS2 is extremely proprietary so only an 'official' Sony card would work 100% with the games. I've experienced this once before when I had purchased a cheap chinese card, but now after using the official card, no problems to date.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks