Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2006, 21:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Any Delhi PS2 owners?

Guys..
recently bought a PS2.
Works fine.. BUT.... the controller started giving problems from day 1. The memory card i bought (16MB), turned out to be fake, and was not detected by some games. Then i bought another controller and this time supposidely original Sony 8MB memory card. This time the card was not even detected by PS2, let alone any game.
Any idea where to get the originals from? Palika is the only place i know for such stuff, but my experience has been bitter.

Last edited by DCEite : 7th September 2006 at 22:01.
Old 7th September 2006, 22:19   #2
BHPian

Have you bought an original PS2 from Sony? If yes, most of the stuff you buy from Palika will not work with it. You have to buy original stuff from Sony dealer only. If you have bought a "modified" PS2 (usually done by shopkeepers to make it compatible with pirated games), the palika stuff should work fine. I bought a "modified" PS2 from Malaysia in 2004 and it works fine here in India with different controllers and games from Pallika.

I can suggest that you take the PS2 to Pallika and tell the shopkeepers to check it there and then!

Good Luck!
Old 7th September 2006, 22:41   #3
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the reply Sumed.

I have the modded PS2. Bought from Palika itself.
The thing is, i got to know that there is no Sony 16MB card from Sony.. so what i bought was a fake one (although the cover did look like original). Although some games do accept it. Agreed the mistake was mine, i should have known earlier.
But, how do i suppose to know the originality of the 8MB card. It looks absolutely original. Every damn shopkeeper in Palika quotes different rates. Some say 800, some 600, some 400. There is NO way of knowing what are they selling, who is selling the original, who is selling the fake. The 8MB card even worked on shopkeeper's ps2, but as soon as i bought it home, it didnt.
Do you know any reliable shop? Or a sony dealer in delhi/gurgaon who sells PS2 mem cards?
Old 7th September 2006, 23:08   #4
kdb
BHPian

dceite

if you are sure that card is original then you should go to the person directly u bought the ps2 from and tell him to make the damn card work .. these guys in Palika really suck! but unfortunately they are good in making things work ..at the lowest cost .. there would be something they can fix in the ps2 so that the cards works ..

I also once bought a ps2 as a gift for my cousin from there and had bring it back 2-3 times to make it work as it was not picking up some games ... but after that it was fine ...

the controller problem is new to me ..
Old 8th September 2006, 04:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dceite - I have bought a few PS2's from Palika & all have worked fine. I have a few good contacts there, people I trust & they give me good genuine ****. So I'm PM'ing you my number, give me a call & next time I am around come with me to Palika & I'll have your issue resolved.
Old 8th September 2006, 18:30   #6
BHPian

Dceite,

I agree with Kdb, go to the person you bought the PS2 from. Usually they will give 1 year guarnatee for all the stuff they sell. He should be able to either fix or replace the items for you.

I uaully donot go there myself but buy stuff thru my cousin. PM me in case you need names of any reliable shops and I will get the same for you.

Good Luck!
Old 10th September 2006, 02:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceite
Guys..
recently bought a PS2.
Works fine.. BUT.... The memory card i bought (16MB), turned out to be fake, and was not detected by some games.
I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.

and the worst part is that i read your post BEFORE going and buying my 16mb card. i thought yours must have been a freak incident and so took the risk. BAD CHOICE. now i need an 8mb card coz no point playing coz i can't save anything.

@dceite: PM me .. where d'ya stay .. i CANNOT go to pallika before next sat man.
@iraghava: help me too.

Regards
Old 10th September 2006, 04:47   #8
Senior - BHPian

one of the many problem in the ps2 and too add to that...your mulitap might just not work or....lens might not read cd's.....
Old 10th September 2006, 11:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dceite, Manveet - No big deal give me a call & we'll go sometime this week & ahve your issues fixed.
Old 10th September 2006, 12:38   #10
BANNED

Hey, Any of you guys tried online gaming with ur PS2 machines ?? I also had once bought the Modded PS2 and it didnt work properly so went and got it exchanged for another piece but that didnt work as well ... got pretty fed up and wentt and bought the original PS2 . Thought I wud put the Mod Chip after a while but its been 2 yrs and I still havn't ..... Now I wanna try the online gaming ... but does it work with our broadband speeds or not ..???

raghava, if you have any ideas pls let me know ....

Cheers
Old 10th September 2006, 13:22   #11
Senior - BHPian

TWO CLARIFICATIONS NEEDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan
one of the many problem in the ps2 and too add to that...your mulitap might just not work or....lens might not read cd's.....
do you mean this ..

when i want to change the game cd or lets say whenever i RESET the machine (as in this ALWAYS happens) it doesnt detect the cd .. says something like "cannot read cd" but then i plug out the AC cable and plug it in and all is fine.

net net - i always have to plug out and plug in AC cable and therefore the Reset button is kind of redundant for me. If this is the ONLY side-effect I can live with it, but is it the only?

i have bought the steering wheel too .. it's quite good quality .. but no fun playing NFS most wanted on it as I can't control the car .. would this be different in case of games like GT4 which are less arcade oriented .. ?
or is the steering wheel also a grand+ gone down the drain

Last edited by manveet : 10th September 2006 at 13:24.
Old 8th May 2009, 16:33   #12
BHPian

How to modd PS2

I am asking this question on someone behalf. He just bought Ps2 from Sony showroom as per him, which ever available in Gaffar and Palika, there control are duplicate and you have to buy one after few days. So now he want to know can we modd this new original PS2 ourself and add HD to it ? Can someone help on this.
Old 8th May 2009, 19:41   #13
BHPian

No Gamer here ? Guys please suggest ?
Old 8th May 2009, 21:29   #14
Senior - BHPian

i am no gamer but here is my 2 cent.

the new ps2 which are now available in market can be modified but you can't add hd to it, the modification need some kind chip, after modifying you can play normal movie dvd,and play local dvd games also, cost approx 4/500 rs.
Old 10th May 2009, 11:43   #15
Senior - BHPian

Just take it to Palika. The guys there will mod it for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks