Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2011, 12:01   #31
BHPian

Re: iPod Repair?

Thanks for the information. I have ordered a replacement battery from an Indian reseller on ebay. Will update this thread after the installation is complete.
Old 11th February 2011, 14:37   #32
BHPian

Sharing my experience,

I purchased a nano in last march (mar 2010) through ebay. It stopped working now and i contacted Apple india for service. They stated that though it was purchased less than a year before, it sill not in the warranty and it would cost Rs 8000/- for service. They gave an email address(dop_update@apple.com) to which i have to send the proof of purchase so that they can review and see whether they can update the date of purchase.

I tried sending the mail to them with the order receipt of ebay. They rejected the request stating they dont find that information enough to update the purchase date. I called apple directly and explained the issue. They put me through to the legal agreement team and they verified the same through the case ID (you get an case id, if you send a mail to them for any issues). He explained to me that the product was shipped from apple in sept 2009 and ebay purchase is not valid enough to show them the retailer and so he has to reject the request. He asked me to mail to the ebay seller and asked him to send any proof of purchase with the product serial number.

In the mean while, i just browsed the apple site and came across this page (https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do) where i posted the same proof of document with the issue. Surprisingly, the request got approved and the DOP was updated to mar 2010. Now, i went back to Apple india and they took the ipod for service for free of charge!! The expected delivery date is by next Thursday.

You can also verify the warranty status here (https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do)
Old 13th February 2011, 10:07   #33
BHPian

Bad news/ Got the battery. Tried opening up the case with pry tool but it was much harder than instructional videos on youtube. I inadvertently ended up snapping a ribbon cable that goes from the hold button to the circuit board.

Next stop: Irla to get this fixed, hopefully.
Old 13th February 2011, 10:20   #34

Are you in bbay?? there is a fantastic service centre at AC market in Tardeo. Thay have replaced my baby twice without hesitation. That is precisely what prompted me to buy the mac in the first place. I LOVE APPLE service. Also, apparently, there is now a service centre at the Apple Store at Palladium. Check there.
Old 15th February 2011, 17:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Are you in bbay?? there is a fantastic service centre at AC market in Tardeo. Thay have replaced my baby twice without hesitation. That is precisely what prompted me to buy the mac in the first place. I LOVE APPLE service. Also, apparently, there is now a service centre at the Apple Store at Palladium. Check there.
I am. Wish I knew about the Tardeo place before I dropped it off at Irla. Tardeo is much closer to me and they probably would not have ripped me off - Rs. 1800 to replace the damn hold button connector! But could, I have the name of the shop anyway?

Yea, I am not taking my 3 year old iPod to Apple and have them make me donate an arm and a leg for repairs. Better off buying a new one in the US (Which I am holding off on since I may finally pick up my first converged device, the iPhone 5, later this year.)

Cheers,
V
Old 4th May 2011, 12:51   #36
BHPian

Hi,

My iPod video 30 GB is dead suddenly. It's show the language selection menu, but the wheel won't work. I tried to reset it by holding the menu and select button, but nothing happened.

I restored it to factory settings using iTunes but again same behavior. Please tell me what might be reason and how can I make it work again.

Thanks

Nitin
Old 4th May 2011, 13:53   #37
BHPian

Apple doesn't believe in repair jobs. I would say ipods are reliable but not durable.

I have two ipods (2nd Gen Nano - 2GB) with me.Once the click wheel of one of the devices failed - I can't use the 'Play/Pause'. When I approached the Apple service centre in Forum Mall, Bangalore - the personnel there said that it cannot be repaired. And he offered me a refurbished 2GB ipod (new battery) for 6k. Probably a click wheel fix should cost less than few hundreds. I found it exorbitantly high & came back. Now I'm living with the iPod without play / pause function - every time i just select the songs & play.

But somehow, I'm unable to think beyond Apple Ipods.
Old 6th February 2013, 10:22   #38
BHPian

My 4 year old iPod Classic 120GB works perfectly but it just doesn't get recognized by my PC, infact any PC.
Tried a lot, googled up and tried all possible solutions but still the problem persists.
Any reliable chap who could help me with this?

Most Viewed