Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2016, 20:32   #1
BHPian

Gran Turismo Sport will have an official tie-in with the FIA

The Game Franchise Gran Turismo which is considered by many as the best racing game has taken steps to connect the virtual world to the real world.

Their latest iteration "Gran Turismo Sport" is set to be released soon. The trailer of which has me swooning since morning.

Another interesting development is in the new level of interaction between FIA and GT founders. Players will be able to work their way through the "Beginner's School," which covers basics like the correct racing line and braking points, through to a section dedicated to teaching newbies the sportsmanship nuances expected of racing drivers in "Race Etiquette" mode.

Quoting Gizmag
Having worked your way through the game's campaign mode, completing lessons about racing etiquette along the way, you will be eligible for a FIA Gran Turismo Digital License from your local car club or national motorsports body.

According to the people at Gran Turismo, that license will "hold the same value as a real-life license" if the relevant body grants it based on the information from the game

Source Link:
http://www.gizmag.com/gran-turismo-sport/43445/

A video about this tie up @ Carfection below.

Hope you enjoy the videos.

PS: Mods I was not able to find a thread about this video. Being associated with FIA, have posted in the International motorsports section, please do move it as necessary. I was not able to quote the websites properly. If the quotes can be fixed, i would appreciate.

PPS : I am not in anyway advertising this on anyones behalf. Just that i found these developments unique and the games graphics mindblowing.
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st May 2016, 20:45   #2
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2016 at 13:03.
aamateen46 is offline   Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks