Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2021, 21:53   #196
BHPian

Re: Amazon Prime Video in India!

Okay, so the new pricing of 1499/year for Prime puts it on par with Disney+Hotstar which charges the same annual fee.

I am insulated from the new pricing of Prime considering I just renewed the membership till August 2022. 1499/- isn't too atrocious considering Netflix charges 799/- a month, which I think is too much. I use Netflix shared between 3 cousins. Works out cheaper
Old 25th November 2021, 06:29   #197
Senior - BHPian

Prefer Prime over Netflix as the latter is held ransom by Karan Johar, Anurag Kashyap and likes. Call My Agent was absolute pits. Every 'Indie' show on Prime was GOLD!
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:24   #198
BHPian

Does the Amazon Household in amazon.com work for Prime video in India? They have these profiles, but they are useless because profiles can be switched without any PIN/key. How do you share Prime video with your family?
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:29   #199
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
How do you share Prime video with your family?
I share the registered mail and password with my family members. I wish there was an option of profiles like in Netflix.
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:41   #200
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I share the registered mail and password with my family members. I wish there was an option of profiles like in Netflix.
There is an option of profiles just like Netflix, but also like Netflix you need to share the username and password with them.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:04   #201
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
There is an option of profiles just like Netflix, but also like Netflix you need to share the username and password with them.
I meant a profile selection screen like this when the app loads:

Name:  855AF466D2DF4635A12C2E46B87EC3C0.jpeg
Views: 400
Size:  18.4 KB
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:17   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2248351
Yes, we have similar setup for Prime as well.

Amazon Prime Video in India!-screenshot_20211222120639_chrome.jpg
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:29   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going OT, but is there a way to default to a certain profile without this pop-up coming up every time? For example, in my living room TV, I want a certain profile that I am not likely to change or want anyone to change.
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:23   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Going OT, but is there a way to default to a certain profile without this pop-up coming up every time? For example, in my living room TV, I want a certain profile that I am not likely to change or want anyone to change.
+1, this is exactly my ask. I wish there's a simple PIN or key to lock it.
Old 26th March 2022, 23:55   #205
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, need some support. I’m facing an issue with the Amazon prime App on my Apple TV. For the last 3-4 weeks, the Amazon prime app just does not seem to work on my Apple TV. It displays an error message stating that there is no internet connection, whereas all other apps like Netflix, Hotstar and many more work just fine. I have deleted the Amazon prime app multiple times, reinstalled it, and it did work once or twice, but it’s again not working most of the time. I had even unregistered my Apple TV and then registered it once again, but it’s not helped. The same Amazon prime app works in my iPhone and iPad, so is it something with the Apple TV? My Apple TV is the HD version ( sort of like the 3rd Gen ) and it’s on the latest OS as well. So it’s very peculiar, I have been using Amazon prime on the very same Apple TV for more than 3 years now. Anyone with similar issues?
Old 8th May 2022, 12:55   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

It’s so irritating to see search results in Amazon prime showing stuff which is not actually available on prime itself; but in other subscription based apps. The search algorithm in prime is already bad to begin with which fetches lots of irrelevant results compared to your search keyword input and now this third party app really on top of that.

Also has anyone found a way to login to a default profile in prime or even ZEE5? They want me to choose my own profile every time even if it’s the only profile.

Last edited by saket77 : 8th May 2022 at 12:56.
saket77 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 12:19   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm surprised to see so many movies that were earlier available for free for Prime members now being available on rent only. The Tom Holland Spiderman series except the latest one were available for free on Zee5 a couple of months ago and now they're all available only for rent on Amazon. That is like taking money by hook or crook.
BoneCollector is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th May 2022, 15:06   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I'm surprised to see so many movies that were earlier available for free for Prime members now being available on rent only. The Tom Holland Spiderman series except the latest one were available for free on Zee5 a couple of months ago and now they're all available only for rent on Amazon. That is like taking money by hook or crook.
Actually this happened just after I renewed my prime subscription around last week of April. If I had known this coming I wouldn't have renewed this early mainly because I use the prime video and prime music only. I don't purchase too many things online to justify the delivery fee savings of prime membership specially after they increased their tariff. Ridiculous decision but that's the way they operate in US also if I'm not wrong. Any chance they might revert back. Otherwise they might lose a big chunk of their customer base in India. People are not going to pay membership first and then rent again to watch new titles. They can't have both.
Old 25th May 2022, 11:46   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
so many movies that were earlier available for free for Prime members now being available on rent only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
Actually this happened just after I renewed my prime subscription around last week of April ... People are not going to pay membership first and then rent again to watch new titles. They can't have both.
This started last year itself, at least with some Bengali movies. I still renewed it because it also provides some benefit on the e-commerce site occasionally. An informed purchase using prime benefits maybe twice a year usually returns the investment.

Prime Video content, on the other hand, is a hit or miss for a long time. The US model of subscribing to a platform and again renting individual stuff wont work here. These 2 things combined, OTT platforms seem to shoot themselves in the foot earlier than expected.
Old 1st June 2022, 16:45   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Amazon Prime is hell bent on losing its credibility by this concept of 'rent'. This was launched some time back and I see that a lot of stuff that was available for Prime members free of cost is now offered at rent.

I understand that Amazon wants to cater to a segment who has not taken Prime membership but can still pay a small rent and watch stuff on Prime; but looks like they forgot completely about the members who have already subscribed to Prime by paying 1500 bucks. Why should they be asked to rent stuff? That too which was available for free some time back! This is on top of the mess they have created which displays result which are not available on prime but on other platforms and asking to subscribe to them.

Looks like the clean, old, simple Prime is long gone.
saket77 is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks