Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2006, 07:33   #16
Team-BHP Support

E50 is available with and without camera, I think viper has a E50 without camera.

Last edited by Samurai : 7th November 2006 at 13:03.
Old 7th November 2006, 10:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Devarshi

thanks for the help

needs
1) to send receive mails mostly uses outlook express
2) download attachments jpeg, eps formats
3) bluetooth connectivity with laptop (as i seen him do some stuff of transfer from laptop to mobile)
4) needs the phone to be more informative and connectivity to be there when he moves out of india on work issues.

i am not tech oriented so the above needs mentioned may not be put in a right way i hope u can get to what i am looking for. i dont want ask my bro as he will know that i am looking out for a mobile for him and i want to gift him a surprise.
Ipaq 6910 with Wi-fi GPS and no cam. price around 30K.

I-mate JAQ with no wi-fi and no cam. Need to check price.

Nokia E-series is a good option but windows e-mail push system is better. different models have different prices.

Sonyericsson M600/W950 are good alternatives too.

NOkia 9300/9300i and siemens sk65 are also available but avoid them in any ways.

I would recommend the HP IPAQ if you can stretch your budget. Otherwise Nokia E-series is good.
Old 7th November 2006, 10:11   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
how long back are you talking about? A friend picked one up a couple of months back. old stock(?)

manson.

Manson,

They are most probably refurbished ones. There was a rumour going that these are supposedly fresh pieces seized by customs which have made their way into the market but cannot comment.

@ Samurai - The E 50 I have is with a camera. I dont think it comes without the camera though I could be wrong.

Viper
Old 7th November 2006, 10:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

E50 has a camera but E60 doesnt have a camera.

Also E61 and E62 doesnt have a camera.
Old 7th November 2006, 11:02   #20
Team-BHP Support

From GSM Arena website:

Quote:
At first sight Nokia E50 strongly reminds of the Sony J70, which was a popular phone some years ago. Its long and narrow shape is quite distinctive. Probably the fans of J70 would enjoy the new E50 too. There are two versions of the handset, one with camera and one without. Their model names are respectively E50-1 and E50-2.
Old 7th November 2006, 11:13   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Nokia E series doesnt have camera but has Blackberry connectivity and Wi-fi.

Sonyericsson M600 is a pure smart phone based on UIQ.
Nokia E series SUPPORTS Blackberry Connect, as does the M600i. Both offer their proprietory Push Email solutions (Nokia and SE specific) but both support all push-email services like Blackberry and Microsoft's Exchange AKU.

The E Series doesnt really stack up against the M600i for ease of use, but feature WiFi while the M600i supports 3G and HSDPA.

Unless you're used to Nokia's PDAs and their slightly cumbersome interface, the SE is a winner here. Its easy to set up, easy to use, easy to carry around (the E61 give you the ridiculous feeling of speaking into a large calculator) and easier to live with.

IMHO the Nokia E Series has been a failure - at least in this market where it hasnt found many takers.
Old 7th November 2006, 11:21   #22
BHPian

It's a No brainer.
For budget around 20k, it's either M600i or W950i depending on your preference.
End of Story.
Old 7th November 2006, 11:39   #23
Senior - BHPian

What is the latest price for W950i ?
Old 7th November 2006, 20:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Unless you're used to Nokia's PDAs and their slightly cumbersome interface, the SE is a winner here. Its easy to set up, easy to use, easy to carry around (the E61 give you the ridiculous feeling of speaking into a large calculator) and easier to live with.

IMHO the Nokia E Series has been a failure - at least in this market where it hasnt found many takers.
I never was a fan of Nokia's E series myself, but wi-fi is a big advantage over M600. If SE had wi-fi, it would have a sold in much more numbers. Also the keypad is not exactly easy to use.Also the brandname nokia is like half the game already won. E70 design has already been implemented before in two other models and they flopped badly. E50/E60 can never be compared to a pda due to lack of usability. E61 and E62 are so broad and even then lack a touchscreen. But due to the lack of similar products in the market and good marketing by nokia the e-series will do good business.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 7th November 2006 at 20:22.
Old 9th November 2006, 12:30   #25
BHPian

I too would suggest for the SE M600, when i first saw the fone, was really impressed by its size and the fantastic QWERTY keyboard! so slim, so sleek. and a huge screen, i didnt like it coz of no camera. but now that the business work front changing rules as to camera fones, this is the best imho.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks