Senior - BHPian

Here you go:

Postage Price Calculator
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:38   #47
Team-BHP Support

Bombino Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Just incase someone knows of a cheaper alternative to have it brought down, please drop me a pm.
Try to get in touch with Bombino Express.
They're MUCH cheaper than FedEx, UPS & USPS.

As Rehaan has the parcel with him in NY (right?), they have a location in Midtown.

Manson, you will have to pay customs duties (if any) on receipt.

I've used their services before and they're reliable. They have some sort of arrangement with FedEx.

If you use their shipping service, next time, you can have your parcel (bought online in the US) shipped directly to them, and have them ship it to you in India - that works too.

Last edited by aah78 : 22nd May 2008 at 02:42.
Old 22nd May 2008, 02:50   #48
BHPian

My Colleague is coming down from our NYC office next week. I'll have to check with him if it is ok for him to carry it or if he has some luggage at hand.

BTW he is landing at Bangalore. Has booking with British. Will let you know by tomorrow.
Old 22nd May 2008, 07:35   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Arush i had looked at that, but if you look at the details, the biggest box is 12x12x6 - which is way too small for the screen manson has bought.

cya
R
Old 22nd May 2008, 07:52   #50
Team-BHP Support

aah78: for some reason, I cant see India as an option on the drop down menu on the main page of bombino.
Duties should not be an issue, the screen carries an invoice of 40 usd.

Corsalove: let me know how it worksout with your colleague, getting it down from bangalore should not be an issue.

manson.
Old 22nd May 2008, 08:50   #51
Senior - BHPian

manson, Maybe you can check out Welcome to vPOSTAsia - Globeshopping. Without Globehopping.
Old 22nd May 2008, 11:11   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Duties should not be an issue, the screen carries an invoice of 40 usd. manson.

Manson,

USPS is the best option for you. Couriers are charging you more as it comes under volumetric weight rate. As far as the duties are concerned since the shipper is now Rehaan he can simply mark it as a gift.

Viper
Old 22nd May 2008, 20:00   #53
Team-BHP Support

pehla wala

Quote:
aah78: for some reason, I cant see India as an option on the drop down menu on the main page of bombino.
Duties should not be an issue, the screen carries an invoice of 40 usd.
It's the first one in the list! Second is the U.S. and then all others are arranged alphabetically.

Anyways, they're not very "web-friendly". They work better in person / over the phone - meaning poor Rehaan will have to do all the donkey-work on his end .
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:10   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Arush i had looked at that, but if you look at the details, the biggest box is 12x12x6 - which is way too small for the screen manson has bought.

cya
R
Hey, thats for the Flat Rate Box ($37 for 5lbs).... for the Large Flat Rate box these are the max dimensions ($47 for 5lbs)

Maximum length: 46 inches
Maximum width: 35 inches
Maximum height: 46 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
Old 23rd May 2008, 00:27   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Hey, thats for the Flat Rate Box ($37 for 5lbs).... for the Large Flat Rate box these are the max dimensions ($47 for 5lbs)

Maximum length: 46 inches
Maximum width: 35 inches
Maximum height: 46 inches
Maximum length and girth combined: 108 inches
Hi Arush,

For me it says the LARGE flat rate box is 12x12x6. Where did you get the 46x35x46 ?? Are we looking at different versions of the site or different pages?

See my screenshot below :

Dealing with courier / shipping / duty when buying from websites abroad-manshone_shippy.gif
Old 23rd May 2008, 09:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

Todphod | Coming Soon!
they get you stuff from abroad ( usually PC components) for indian currency. even assist with RMA etc

Yes, I know the site is not up yet. The guy who runs it is a member of several tech forums. google for katmandude. that's him.

I suppose T Bhp being strictly non commercial is the reason why he aint here
Old 23rd May 2008, 11:22   #57
Team-BHP Support

I googled him, and his location seems to be Brussels. Same person you're talking about?
I will drop him a mail in a short while.

manson.
Old 24th May 2008, 11:36   #58
BHPian

As per the personal experience i faced when i buyed a tachometer form ebay and i was couriered to me using USPS (normal postal service) i faced a hell time for two days because it was caught by the custom officers and i have to show them all the detailsand get it clear !!

They never open it before ,they used an x-ray machine so they got an approx ide what is it and what is written on the package!!

If they found anything which comes under the custom duty (there's a book on it you can get it from a good book seller)

then they send a letter to how to get the package released!
you have to show them all the necessary details!!

in my case the duty to be levied on tachometer was 30% !!.So i have to pay them 1300 bucks extra for getting it clear!!

I must say the best possible way to get things clear is to use private courier ,i know they charge a lot than normal postal but in that they are charging you for clearing your packet too!!!

I sourced the projectors for my car from a private courier company and i haven't faced any custom issue on that !!

As for the gift thing on packet it may be possible that they will catch hold it if they found anything ,but they can't hold that packet in which it has written

"SAMPLE " FREE ITEM

I sourced the projectors from this item only and try to convince the dealer to show the under price of the item !!

this is the best possible way i have find till date after being suffered for 2 days due to customs!!!
Old 12th June 2008, 07:28   #59

hi, guys first post
has anyone of you bought anything from ebay ?
i ordered a car model worth some 600 bucks and now its stuck at customs,
they sent us a letter asking to come down at the office asking for particulars like these Invoice, IEC Number, Payment Particulars.
just wanted to know has anyone done this before? and how much duty i have to pay?
Old 12th June 2008, 10:18   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfever View Post
hi, guys first post
has anyone of you bought anything from ebay ?
i ordered a car model worth some 600 bucks and now its stuck at customs,
they sent us a letter asking to come down at the office asking for particulars like these Invoice, IEC Number, Payment Particulars.
just wanted to know has anyone done this before? and how much duty i have to pay?

Well what you have to do is to take that letter and the hard copy of the bill which is being sent to you by the seller!!

You will be shown the packet then it will be opened in front of you and they will check what's inside it physically(they check it through a x-ray machine of theirs)..

Then you will be asked to pay the duties according to the item!!(in your case try to convince them it's just a normal item just show piece ,it's of no use)

then they will make up a file and will charge you after seeing their Custom BOOK!!

After that they will send you the courier!!(If the courier is in your name then try convincing them that please provide you then and there )

PS: if it's not in your name the don't try to get it personally in hand!! You will land in trouble and don't think of bribing (Well this what happens in my case in delhi customs office)

It will be reach you with in 72hours and you have to pay the post man the charges +100 which is official don't know why is it???

I hope this will clear your doubt!!

And one thing: Do reach as early as possible ,never go around 1:00 as lunch time and you will suffer a lot because all government offices are same

Most Viewed