Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2009, 13:28   #76
Senior - BHPian

13 days is too short a time to get peeved. sometimes it takes atleast a month for some stuff to come to india. ive ordered a perfume a month back. i know it will reach me, but at its own sweet time. lets wait and watch!
Old 29th April 2009, 16:27   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Looks like I put my foot in the wrong place for once !! Thanks to EMS and my package is yet to be delivered.

I ordered a bag from ebay and the item was shipped from Hong Kong. The tracking info from hongkong post is as below

Date Location Delivery Status

16-Apr-2009 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
16-Apr-2009 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 16-Apr-2009
18-Apr-2009 India Arrived.
18-Apr-2009 India In transit.

The sellers website clearly states that in India EMS Speedpost would be handling the package. Tried the Speedpost website and no luck with the tracking, also the number provided on their website don't work.

I have been buying expensive stuff off ebay for the last 5 years and have never faced any issues till date. Except for this package which is to be delivered by speedpost.

Any pointers folks ?
yes, I have been in same situation as yourself.

Please contact your local Speed Post Centre ASAP, and get in touch with their representative and (be polite) yet persistent about you package. Surely they will get it across because there is no one on behalf of Speed Post at customs to expedite customs deliveries.

Yet at the same time what comes by Speed Post rarely raise an eyebrow at customs clearance.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:05   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
Please contact your local Speed Post Centre ASAP, and get in touch with their representative and (be polite) yet persistent about you package. Surely they will get it across because there is no one on behalf of Speed Post at customs to expedite customs deliveries.
LOLz I will take that with a pinch of salt !! Will pay them a visit tomorrow and clarify on the status of the package.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:08   #79
Senior - BHPian

You need not pay them a visit necessarily. Just get in touch with the Speed Post customer service rep over phone. She/he will manage the rest for you.

Don't lose your temper with them.

Hopefully your package is insured in case unforeseen contingencies.
Old 29th April 2009, 18:17   #80
BHPian

Have ordered DVD's/CD's/books through amazon quite often. Takes about 15-20 days.Regular shipping . No problem faced so far.
Old 29th April 2009, 22:44   #81
Senior - BHPian

I recently ordered some RC items from tower hobbies. It took a month to reach here. It was held by customs who said that I am going to use the items for industrial applications and needed a IE code. I downloaded the catalogue of the items and submitted a statement the items were for personal use.

I ended paying duty of Rs 537 for a total value of Rs 2800.
Old 1st May 2009, 09:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

yahoooooo got my package.Went to the local post office yesterday and checked with them, the parcel was right there and as was told it reached them a week back.

No questions asked, signed and collected the package. Guess EMS is the way to go, if you can go over and collect it. BTW I was told when its India POST no questions are asked at the customs.
Old 1st May 2009, 10:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

awesome! i think its time for me to go and check at the local post office if any of the postal workers are using that hugo boss element that's supposed to be mine :-P
Old 1st May 2009, 11:14   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
BTW I was told when its India POST no questions are asked at the customs.
Information that needs to be passed to the right people. Hmmmm...
Old 9th June 2009, 23:37   #85
BHPian

Shipping from the States - Need Customs Info

Hey!
Anyone know how I can get a Paintball Marker shipped from the States to India?
Is it allowed? What's the minimum amount on which I can be charged custom duties...
Has anyone ever brought in or shipped in a Paintball marker?
I'm sorry this found it's way in the Gadgets thread. Didn't know where else it's fit.
Thanks!
Old 17th June 2009, 18:03   #86
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to update this thread earlier.
I finally got my item Visiontec GPS - mentioned on previous page, after about 2 months.

It was stuck in Customs office at Bangalore. They said that invoice is not available (actually invoice was right there on the box when I finally received the item). So I had to go to their office and give them a letter and my copy of invoice.

So for others help here are the steps I followed...
1. Called up International post office in Bangalore (25589993) and gave them the international tracking number, to get the local tracking number

2. Called up Postal Customs office and asked them to locate the parcel with Local tracking number, and get it's status (here I came to know that it is stuck as the invoice is missing)

3. Went to their office on Mission road, (on the turn, opposite some school) and gave them the invoice and came back.

4. They calculated the customs duty and sent the item via courier, where I paid the customs money.

Ideally customs office should have called me or dropped me a letter saying that my parcel is stuck because of so and so reason so I could act on it, but they didn;t. The status on the tracking website also said cleared Indian customs, so I was just lost where to search.

Hope this helps... Finally, I was immensely helped by some of the Team-bhpians in getting through the process, thanks to all of them.
Old 17th June 2009, 19:35   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
I forgot to update this thread earlier.
I finally got my item Visiontec GPS - mentioned on previous page, after about 2 months.

It was stuck in Customs office at Bangalore. They said that invoice is not available (actually invoice was right there on the box when I finally received the item). So I had to go to their office and give them a letter and my copy of invoice.

So for others help here are the steps I followed...
1. Called up International post office in Bangalore (25589993) and gave them the international tracking number, to get the local tracking number

2. Called up Postal Customs office and asked them to locate the parcel with Local tracking number, and get it's status (here I came to know that it is stuck as the invoice is missing)

3. Went to their office on Mission road, (on the turn, opposite some school) and gave them the invoice and came back.

4. They calculated the customs duty and sent the item via courier, where I paid the customs money.

Ideally customs office should have called me or dropped me a letter saying that my parcel is stuck because of so and so reason so I could act on it, but they didn;t. The status on the tracking website also said cleared Indian customs, so I was just lost where to search.

Hope this helps... Finally, I was immensely helped by some of the Team-bhpians in getting through the process, thanks to all of them.
I think you parsal was detained,for some reason or might be they thought the item was under valued,If you want to avoid the hassle always ship it through ups or other courier serives and avoid usps shipping some time your item can also be damaged in shipping.
Old 17th June 2009, 23:40   #88
Senior - BHPian

did manson post up on this thread? he is one person who i know who has ordered up tons of stuff on ebay uk.

ordered up few bike parts on ebay uk, a few weeks back, they were delivered within 3 weeks, the post man told us about the parcel, went to the post office, paid a duty of rs 700, picked up my parcel and came.

but i guess i wouldnt take risk on high value items, have a self set limit of 5k. and anything more than that, guess would ask someone coming from us/uk to get it.
Old 21st June 2009, 23:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

Procedure for import via post

Googled these two links on the topic:

1. Clearance by Post

2. IMPORTS

These are from CBEC offices in Gujarat and Managlore, but, should be useful to understand the process elsewhere in the country too.

-BJ
Old 24th June 2009, 15:38   #90
BHPian

Hi, I recently bought an exhaust muffler from ebay (usa)

The parcel has today arrived at chennai and detained by customs.
The Foreign Post Office , when contacted, gave me a reference number for the detained item and asked me to get in touch with their department in 'air comple'.

When I contacted 'air complex' they told me that the item has to go on table tomorrow and asked me to call after 4:30pm.

How much duty can I anticipate? I want to keep everything ready so as not to waste time.

Cost of the item 40 USD
Cost of postage 45 USD

How much duty , would I end up paying ?

Thank you

ps: previously, my K&N replacement filter did not incurr any duty, despite being higher value of item (30GBP, item alone). It came straight to my door as normail post

Last edited by vdiatech : 24th June 2009 at 15:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks