Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2006, 23:17   #1
BHPian

Help Regarding O2 XDA Mini II

Hey Guys!

Recently purchased a O2 XDA Mini II.Can somebody help me with softwares available for it.Also does anybody know how to recover lost files,as in since its running windows xp,it must be having a recycle bin.I am damn frustated cause i accidently deleted all valuable data from the memory card. Also is there any way i can update the software too?

Niki
Old 7th December 2006, 23:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Niki,
The device runs on Windows Mobile 5 (or Windows Pocket PC 2003 SE, I'm not sure which. Most likely WiMo5), not XP.

No recycle bin in the OS. You'll need to install Resco Explorer for Recycle Bin functionality. Some data recovery dudes can get the lost files off the mem card -- if you meant an external SD/MiniSD/MMC card. I don't think stuff deleted off the RAM can be recovered.

SPB Backup
is a really good backup program -- to make sure you can restore lost data. It can do automatic backups if you schedule them.

SPB Pocket Plus is one program you'll absolutely need to get your programs and homescreen organized.

SKTools or MemMaid are the best maintenance programs around.

TCPMP is the best (free) media player around. It supports nearly all codecs. I don't like it for audio though.

Pocket DVD Studio is to me the best and simplest DVD to PocketPC solution. Rips to WMV and DivX.

Conduits Pocket Player
is the best music player/manager for the Pocket PC.

Egress is IMHO the best RSS reader for the Pocket PC. SPB has brought out a new RSS reader called SPB Insight, but I haven't used it yet. Reviews are good.

IM+ will let you chat on YMessenger, AIM & GTalk. A little pricey though. If it's only YMessenger you want, it is available free from yahoo now.

1Calc is a kick@$$ calculator with an included converter (converts nearly anything to anything). Including a currency converter you can update with the daily rates.

SPB Time is a good time utility -- multiple alarms, clock screensaver, world time etc.

PhatPad & PhatNotes are the best note-taking (& doodling, heh, heh) software. Again, a little pricey. Their Calligrapher add-on is really useful as a data inputpanel. It is a better handwriting recognition solution than Microsoft's built-in solution.

TenGO is the greatest virtual keyboard, period.

Opera is the best browser. NetFront is a close second.

I think I've covered software for most functions now.

I don't think for the O2s, firmware can be upgraded by the user. Not very sure about it though. I'm on Pocket PC PE 2003 SE (O2 XDA IIi), so no updates for me now :-)
Old 7th December 2006, 23:51   #3
Senior - BHPian

Niki. XDA has Windows Mobile and it doesn't have any recycle bin. If the files are deleted, there is no way you can get them back. Make it a habit to put a backup in your desktop.

For softwares, go to FreewarePPC.com - Freeware Pocket PC: the one and only site for downloading freeware files for Pocket PC handhelds.. They have hell lot of freewares for Windows mobile.
Old 8th December 2006, 11:40   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I don't think for the O2s, firmware can be upgraded by the user. Not very sure about it though. I'm on Pocket PC PE 2003 SE (O2 XDA IIi), so no updates for me now :-)
Firmware can be upgraded by the user for ANY Windows Pocket PC phone. All you need is access to the official manufacturer support site (which you will have if you've bought the phone first hand). If you have a second hand phone or want to try some snazzy customized firmware with lots of applications built in, go to xda-developers - Xda-developers

There is a recovery utility for WIndows phones - I cant remember the name. However, if you regularly sync your Phone with the PC, the lost file will be available on your PC in the ActiveSync folder under My Documnets - PROVIDED YOU HAVE NOT SYNCED YOUR PHONE AFTER DELETION, as that sync will also delete the file from your PC.
Old 8th December 2006, 23:50   #5
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys.Will surely hunt for more softwares as time goes by.

Niki
Old 14th December 2006, 15:27   #6
BHPian

@nikibusa

Check this site out for all you software need for windows mobile http://ppcwarez.org/.

I get all my software from there.
To protect your data i recommend installing SPB backup as i too have lost somedata.
Old 15th December 2006, 05:11   #7

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline View Post
@nikibusa

Check this site out for all you software need for windows mobile http://ppcwarez.org/.

To protect your data i recommend installing SPB backup as i too have lost somedata.
hey bro,thanks a lot man.awesome site.great games.
Old 15th December 2006, 05:16   #8

hey guys didnt want to start another thread.here's the problem.wheneve i switch on the bluetooth,it says switch off flight mode wheres its always switched off.
to rectify this i have to switch on the flight mode and then switch it off again.the bluetooth works then.
whats the problem.why am i getting this error message.
Old 15th December 2006, 05:21   #9
BHPian

Dont worry hellspawn even i have faced this issue a couple of times,but now it just seems to work fine
Old 15th December 2006, 09:29   #10

@nikibusa: oh you gave up too..huh!!!
Old 28th December 2006, 13:06   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedonline View Post
@nikibusa

Hi Speed.

The site you mentioned looks like it is all about pirated software with links to cracks and other illegal ways. Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 28th December 2006, 17:23   #12
Senior - BHPian

^^^Knowing Speed & his ways very well I don't think you are wrong.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks