Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 10:13   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: BSNL BroadBand Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I had a similar issue and I directly reported it to the Kerala GM's email ID and called him also (contact info are available on BSNL website). Local JTO came home within a couple of hours and he fixed the issue by calling someone at exchange and asking him to change port
already did this- mailed to Ernakulam SSA PGM and he instructed SDE of Muvattupuzha exchange. multiple visits by bsnl staff to my home and they tried to re-establish connection but again horrible speeds and disconnection due to cable fault somewhere in the main highway(Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha road) which they cannot dig because of some court orders, I am told.
I left the pursuit and disconnected BSNL broadband on first week of June itself. now I am a happy man with Idea 3G although expensive it works

Last edited by deepclutch : 16th July 2013 at 10:14.
Old 21st July 2013, 16:57   #782
BHPian

Re: Power over Ethernet question - BSNL WiMax

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with BSNL WiMax and or Power over Ethernet for modem? I got WiMax installed last week at my new house.

You get two Ethernet cables with the external modem that is fixed on the roof.

1) Approx 20 feet modem cable (Ethernet cable connecting the external modem to the power box/adaptor).
2) Around 5 feet of data cable (Ethernet cable connecting the power box/adaptor to the router/PC.

Now my routers/file severs for the house are in the ground floor and the antenna on the roof (two-storeyed house). I thought I could simply make a long Ethernet cable, extending the modem-power adaptor cable and keep the adaptor in the ground floor room. Considering that the modem uses Power over Ethernet, is it advisable to do this? Will it result in a signal drop?

I asked the BSNL guys and they told me not to use any other cable for the modem-adaptor except the Ethernet cable supplied by them. They said if I changed the cable, it would result in water entering the power adaptor. I am not convinced.

Any ideas guys?
Old 21st July 2013, 17:57   #783
BHPian

@Johy

Yes it looks like you will have to use an Ethernet repeater to avoid signal drops.

If you are going to be using Internet access throughout your houe, why dont you use a WiFi router & then extend that throughout the house? Thats what I have done.
Old 21st July 2013, 18:34   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
@Johy

Yes it looks like you will have to use an Ethernet repeater to avoid signal drops.

If you are going to be using Internet access throughout your houe, why dont you use a WiFi router & then extend that throughout the house? Thats what I have done.
Thanks mate. That is always an option, but I want to bring the Ethernet cable down to the central hub of my house, which is on the ground floor. After that I am free to use WiFi routers/extenders as needed.
Old 22nd July 2013, 17:59   #785
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
What website do you guys use to check your BSNL broadband usage and what information is required?

I tried data.bsnl.in but that doesn't seem to be right. I entered in my username that BSNL provides as the PPPOE access details, but it gives me a wrong username error. There is no way to sign up as a new user or change the password as well.

A direct link will be of great help.

Here is the link to the latest portal for Western India.

http://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal
Old 23rd July 2013, 09:55   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Here is the link to the latest portal for Western India.

http://selfcare.wdc.bsnl.co.in/irj/portal
Thanks man. Finally something that works.
Old 25th July 2013, 14:28   #787
BHPian

Guys my Hayday is not working on my bsnl broadband. It works everywhere else.Even if I make my phone a hotspot it works. What might be the problem. My bsnl broadband is of 2Mbps and it works fast on my laptop and ipad. Need urgent help !
Old 25th July 2013, 14:34   #788
Senior - BHPian

What do you mean by "Hayday"?
Old 25th July 2013, 15:26   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys my Hayday is not working on my bsnl broadband. It works everywhere else.Even if I make my phone a hotspot it works. What might be the problem. My bsnl broadband is of 2Mbps and it works fast on my laptop and ipad. Need urgent help !
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What do you mean by "Hayday"?
I think he means Hayday (the game) by Supercell.

At least that's the only Hayday that I have heard of lately.

http://www.supercell.net/games/view/hay-day
Old 25th July 2013, 15:46   #790
BHPian

Yes it is indeed Hayday the farming game. I thought its quite popular. Anyway, any suggestions.
Old 26th July 2013, 11:42   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Yes it is indeed Hayday the farming game. I thought its quite popular. Anyway, any suggestions.
Ok. Multiple things to try:
1. Change DNS server (8.8.8.8 is Google's DNS server that you could try).
2. Disable any content filter/ firewall momentarily and try the game again.
3. Port requirements are simple. Hope nothing is blocking these
http://forum.supercell.net/showthrea...rts-of-Hay-Day
Old 26th July 2013, 12:31   #792
BHPian

Thanks SUN. My old modem had gone kaput.Changed to a new one and voila Hayday is working and so are some sites like yahoo which earlier were not working.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:19   #793
BHPian

Some sites are not loading?

Experts,

Can you suggest an ideal DNS server settings for BSNL BB?

I am facing a peculiar problem, after fiddling with the settings on the modem, none of my browsers are not able to load few sites like xda, piratebay etc. But the TOR browser loads these sites with ease I guess TP is under ISP blocking but what happened to xda? Present settings wont allow me to make a SSL payment too.

DNS #1: 218.248.255.212
DNS #2: 218.248.255.139

I have tried many combinations but to no avail, some times the speed will be affected some times the loading issue. Please help.

SNR D/U stream :31/8
Attn D/U stream : 14/7

Please have a look on the attached the screen shots of my modem status and other details.

Thanks in advance

Sajan
Attached Thumbnails
BSNL BroadBand Issues-modem-status1.jpg  

BSNL BroadBand Issues-modem-status2.jpg  

Old 24th October 2013, 10:41   #794
BHPian

Re: Some sites are not loading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Please have a look on the attached the screen shots of my modem status and other details.

Thanks in advance

Sajan
Even I faced this problem of some sites not opening with BSNL ADSL few days before. I had googled and found a solution. But I use my modem in PPPoE mode and ithe model itself is different from yours. In the modem settings for the PPPoE connection by default MTR* or MTU* setting was 1492 and I had to change it to 1200* or 1300* (*=dont remember).
Edit: In bridge mode may be the setting will have to be done on the system that dials the PPPoE connection.

Last edited by alto99 : 24th October 2013 at 10:42.
Old 24th October 2013, 14:38   #795
Senior - BHPian

Re: Some sites are not loading?

Try changing the DNS to:
and

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
Experts,

Can you suggest an ideal DNS server settings for BSNL BB?

I am facing a peculiar problem, after fiddling with the settings on the modem, none of my browsers are not able to load few sites like xda, piratebay etc. But the TOR browser loads these sites with ease I guess TP is under ISP blocking but what happened to xda? Present settings wont allow me to make a SSL payment too.

DNS #1: 218.248.255.212
DNS #2: 218.248.255.139

Most Viewed