Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2008, 12:15   #1486
BHPian

I've got a BIG TV connection for my Panasonic 42PV80D and connected it via the component cable (panasonic original cable). I found the picture to be very good when compared to my earlier hathway set top box where I used to get some bands(reported earlier). Now there are no such bands and I'm very much satisfied with the picture quality.
Old 25th September 2008, 12:29   #1487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I've got a BIG TV connection for my Panasonic 42PV80D and connected it via the component cable (panasonic original cable). I found the picture to be very good when compared to my earlier hathway set top box where I used to get some bands(reported earlier). Now there are no such bands and I'm very much satisfied with the picture quality.
What is that Panasonic cable? I did not get any with my pv8d. Did you pay for it,if so, how much? Is it a component video cable?
Old 25th September 2008, 14:41   #1488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
so you have an H or D? and maybe i missed your post, but how much did you get it for.

ANd yes the quality is really amazing even with hathway/tatasky/dishtv. if you have a PS3 try and get hold of some blurays, it is just awesome !!

Hey Jassi, I've got a 42PV80H for 58k with bill.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:01   #1489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Wow, that is the deal of the year! The mrp is around 74k for that model.
Looks like the Panasonic Viera th42pv80h is a good bet.

But it that much priced on

Compare India - Televisions - Panasonic-TH-42PV80H

Guys anybody please tell me the estimated price post diwali.

will it go down to 40K?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-th42pv80h.jpg  

Old 25th September 2008, 16:12   #1490
BHPian

guys whats with the Sharp Aquos range of LCDs . Does anyone have a clue or any reviews on how good they are ?
Sharp LCD models - AQUOS Full HD, AQUOS WXGA, AQUOS PAL, AQUOS Small Screen TV's by Sharp India Limited.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:18   #1491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What is that Panasonic cable? I did not get any with my pv8d. Did you pay for it,if so, how much? Is it a component video cable?
I did not get any cable with my pv80d. Since I've taken big tv connection, the set top box had both the composite and component options for video. So I got a new component video cable of panasonic brand. I paid 499 for 1.5m cable. For 3m, the cost is 750 bucks. When I opened the cable, I got 3m cable instead of 1.5m.
Old 25th September 2008, 16:37   #1492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
I did not get any cable with my pv80d. Since I've taken big tv connection, the set top box had both the composite and component options for video. So I got a new component video cable of panasonic brand. I paid 499 for 1.5m cable. For 3m, the cost is 750 bucks. When I opened the cable, I got 3m cable instead of 1.5m.
Thanks! I'd like to buy from the same shop, in that case
Old 25th September 2008, 18:51   #1493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
so you have an H or D? and maybe i missed your post, but how much did you get it for.

ANd yes the quality is really amazing even with hathway/tatasky/dishtv. if you have a PS3 try and get hold of some blurays, it is just awesome !!
Hey Jassi , I am a little lost here. In the compare india site , it mentions game capability as not available also no brightness sensor.
Does this really hold true with the PV80H ?

Compare India - Televisions - Panasonic-TH-42PV80H
Old 25th September 2008, 23:32   #1494
BHPian

@ btirthankar, I don't think the prices for the 42" Panasonic Plasma will drop down to 40k, till later next year , let alone this Diwali.

@Sammyboy, The TH-42PV80H , does have a brightness sensor & it functions when you put the display settings on ECO Mode, in the menu.

Also, even though the Panasonic hasn't got a separate Game Setting in the menu, Like Samsung LCD's have, but that doesn't mean that you can't enjoy gaming consoles like the Sony PS3 on the Plasma.

The game mode is nothing but a default display settings mode which is done by the manufacturer so that the games graphics look vivid & real, Nothing that the user can not do on his/her own by tweaking the display settings like contrast , brightness etc.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 25th September 2008 at 23:34. Reason: spell check
Old 26th September 2008, 01:59   #1495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
guys whats with the Sharp Aquos range of LCDs . Does anyone have a clue or any reviews on how good they are ?
Sharp LCD models - AQUOS Full HD, AQUOS WXGA, AQUOS PAL, AQUOS Small Screen TV's by Sharp India Limited.
Sharp makes some of the best lcds. They are said to be better than sony lcds. Support in india is a question though.

Slightly OT: I think you get better lcds in the US than here. You can actually see a difference in a sony/sharp compared to samsung, lg, hp, dell etc. Over here they all look the same IMO. I would pick something with a good brand reputation and good service back up in India.
Old 26th September 2008, 17:31   #1496
BHPian

Quote:
Detail and Motion
This region suffers. The edges are not refined; it’s quite saddening to see such vibrant colors and realistic skin tone and vivid images take on feathery edges. I guess since the TV is HD-ready and not full 1080 native, the scaling effects have more impact, even of pure high-def content. After all, the TV will downsize the image to map its pixels. I switched to 720p and noticed a slight improvement, but it wasn't a proper solution. Dot crawl, a bit of blur, noise etc. are all present in small amounts.
This is an excerpt from the Tech2.com review, while he had good things to talk about the colors, contrasts etc. he was complaining about not so sharper image and motion blur.

Does any of the current owners agree with the comments?
Old 27th September 2008, 06:54   #1497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
I can wait for a maximum of one month. I can stretch the budget to about 1.8 lakhs max. What makes the Pioneer that much better than the other plasmas? It does not display Full HD. Are the pioneers now available officially in india?
Currently the pioneer kuro is the best hdtv in the world,only a few tvs come close.The picture quality is stupendous.IF you have a bugdet of around 1.8l ,look no further than the 9g 50 pioneer,and yes its full hd and officially available in sometime
Old 27th September 2008, 09:27   #1498
BHPian

Lcd Tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
I can wait for a maximum of one month. I can stretch the budget to about 1.8 lakhs max. What makes the Pioneer that much better than the other plasmas? It does not display Full HD. Are the pioneers now available officially in india?
My 2cents..
Instead of blowing 1.8L on a 42 - 5" Flatscreeen TV. Get a 40" or 36" regular 720p Samsung / Sony LCD. Use it only for viewing TV. 720p is more than enough for this.

Put in some extra cash and get a 1080p Full HD Home Theater Projector. It will blow you mind away. Watching a DVD movie on a 120+" Diagonal screen cannot be compared to watching the same on a 50" Flatpanel TV.
Old 27th September 2008, 10:18   #1499
Senior - BHPian

^^Have seen both - a good quality Mitsubishi HC3000 DLP and a 50" Kuro at a friend's place who owns both. The immersiveness on the latter was way way better. I will prefer the Pioneer anyday over a midrange projector.
Old 27th September 2008, 13:13   #1500
RAC
BHPian

Friends. Planning to visit the panasonic brand shop in Koramangala for PV8.
Should I expect/bargain the price to around 55K?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks