Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2008, 07:30   #1651
BHPian

Hi, can you guys tell me which is th best choice for playing gaming consoles with 480p resolution? I have a Nintendo Wii sitting idle for a while now. Its waiting for its display mate an LCD screen. I am not sure which would be a good choice for this? CRT with 100 hz OR LCD TV. I cannot perhaps go over 32" due to budget and space constraints.

Thanks!
Old 21st October 2008, 10:10   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well and how does the mount itself get bolted onto the wall? We had a mishap in our office with an NEC Plasma where the bolts (in this case they were not much thicker than big nails) just gave up and the entire thing came crashing down. This was a couple of years ago.
I guess the wall itself should be strong enough to bear the weight. Walls made of hollow cement blocks would be a problem. I just hope the TV installers are knowledgeable enough to make a decision on whether wall mount is advisable in that room/wall.
Old 21st October 2008, 10:55   #1653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Well and how does the mount itself get bolted onto the wall? We had a mishap in our office with an NEC Plasma where the bolts (in this case they were not much thicker than big nails) just gave up and the entire thing came crashing down. This was a couple of years ago.
Oops! that's unfortunate, I guess when drilling and fixing the bolts the job was not done properly. Might happen if the hole drilled was much larger than the size of the bolt/ Wall was not concrete.

Might be a one off case, cause even Geysers hold an equal amount of weight, if not more when filled with water.

Guys who are getting your plasmas wall mounted, also make sure you don't end up drilling right into some internal electrical wiring line, cause your plug point will be just a couple of feet away from where you are installing it.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:16   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenkatt View Post
Checked with Modern World today (20 Oct, 8.30pm), seems they are not ready to reduce the price any further..even if it is bulk....so I think we can drop Modern World too

@Selective, Do update when you hear from Devi
I spoke Devi yesterday, and they offered 57k. When I mentioned about our member "dash" buying the same tv for 56k, they are asking for copy of the bill or booking number. I have sent PM to dash to provide the same. Once I have it, I will speak to them again. We should atleast get this tv for 55.5k Let us see.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:22   #1655
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I spoke Devi yesterday, and they offered 57k. When I mentioned about our member "dash" buying the same tv for 56k, they are asking for copy of the bill or booking number. I have sent PM to dash to provide the same. Once I have it, I will speak to them again. We should atleast get this tv for 55.5k Let us see.
Guys why don't you wait for orange electronics to open shop on 24th Oct.
These are the same orange guys who are doing real estate marketing, orange travels and orange furniture. These guys give some crazy discounts and deals, and a visit to them once they open might be worth a try.
Old 21st October 2008, 11:28   #1656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
These are the same orange guys who are doing real estate marketing, orange travels and orange furniture. These guys give some crazy discounts and deals, and a visit to them once they open might be worth a try.
Some how, I dont trust them. If I book the tv on 24th Oct, I might get the deliver after a month or two with all the headache to follow up. I am not willing to try any deal with them and waste my time, even if the offer is out of world...
Old 21st October 2008, 12:00   #1657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
I guess better to avoid this Orange thingy. Once I happened to check out their Property after seeing the mouth watering ad on paper. We anyway went with apprehensions and not to our surprise found that it was full of hidden costs and much overpriced then the market rate at that time. So I would take their offers with a pinch of salt.
Old 21st October 2008, 13:27   #1658
BHPian

Quote:
that's a bummer!

BTW, has anyone explored the Grey market route? How does it compare with B&W prices? i know at-least 3 friends who have got their Sony LCDs last year and the prices were atleast 20% less.
Old 21st October 2008, 14:25   #1659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
that's a bummer!

BTW, has anyone explored the Grey market route? How does it compare with B&W prices? i know at-least 3 friends who have got their Sony LCDs last year and the prices were atleast 20% less.
I generally look out in the grey market if the stuff is under 10k. For LCD/Plamsa which are over 50k i wont even try grey stuff. Think about the service and support you'll get on grey stuff, when everybody is already struggling with support from dealers with genuine billed items.
Old 21st October 2008, 14:56   #1660

In grey market, 10K discount on MRP for Sony...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
that's a bummer!

Old 21st October 2008, 19:07   #1661
Senior - BHPian

Check out this wonderful comparison of 125 HD TVs of 2008 by HDguru on de-interlacing and moving resolution.
Will You See All The HDTV Resolution You Expected? 125 2008 Model Test Results- HD GURU Exclusive HDGURU.Com

Most 60 hz 1080P LCD TVs (incl Sony & Samsung) deliver only 3xx lines of resolution for motion!!! 120 hz LCD TVs improve it only to 5xx-600 lines. So what's the hype about full HD LCD??? All marketing gimmick!!!

I would prefer an 768p plasma over a 1080p LCD.
Old 21st October 2008, 21:41   #1662
Senior - BHPian

Confused !?!

Friends -- I am a little confused

(1,920 x 1080) or (1,024 x 768) pixels .. which one is better?

75% of the time will be used for DTH - the rest movies (DVDs currently - at least for some more time!). I DO NOT play games at all - so no Play Station etc.

I want to avoid making the mistake of buying something I may not need!
Old 21st October 2008, 23:39   #1663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
(1,920 x 1080) or (1,024 x 768) pixels .. which one is better?

75% of the time will be used for DTH - the rest movies (DVDs currently - at least for some more time!). I DO NOT play games at all - so no Play Station etc.

I want to avoid making the mistake this time of buying something I may not need!
Both your source are standard def, therefore you would see no practical benefit by upgrading to 1080p. Stay with basic HD i.e. 768p.
Old 21st October 2008, 23:43   #1664
BHPian

Anyone has any idea about the Philips 32PFL7762D. It's got some stellar reviews (Philips 32PFL7762D 32in LCD TV Review - TV Reviews - TrustedReviews) and its available in delhi for 37K

Thanks..
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:06   #1665
BHPian

Quote:
any update on this Selective?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks