Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 18:11   #1951
Senior - BHPian

Go to the Panasonic showroom in Koramangala. You will get a really good demo.

For all those asking bill scans, all of us have bills for 58.5K. Devi doesn't want it to be known that he's undercutting the market.

I think we should have a Pv80 meet soon. :-)
Old 14th November 2008, 18:17   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
kb100, you dont have to convince anyone now, the pana gang is increasing each day. As of now 3 more waiting to join the gang this week itself !cheers:

By the way, what is your HT system for movies ?
Lol okay.

And my HT? Thats the one that needs upgrading now!

I am on an old Yamaha AX400 Stereo Amplifier hooked to some home-made two way tower speakers with Peerless drivers. Brilliant as far as the CRASH-BOOM theatre effects go - but obviously stereo only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Can someone recommend a good brand for the HDMI cables for around 500-600 buks? Any shop name in SP road will also help -- thanks

Picked up a 3mtr MX HDMI cable for 450 bucks. Working just fine as far as I can see!

Here you go ...MX Products

The dealers in Bangy are also listed on that website.
Old 14th November 2008, 18:17   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I didn't want to compromise on quality for few bucks, so bought it from Pana shop itself for 1400/-
Gold plated HDMI is available on ebay for around 700, that way you can avoid travel to SP road.

By the way did anyone try Blue-ray on PV80?
I got the MX hdmi cable 24k Gold platted for 850/- from staples in Forum Kormangala. The movies look nicer now and also there was a hiss sound when i had connected through normal RCA which has vanished.
Old 14th November 2008, 19:38   #1954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Devi is located at Jayanagar I believe. Even I had a plan to check the demo, but sadly they dont have a demo piece as I understand. If you can message me the time or day after calling them, may be I could also join you and enter the place singing loudly;

"PV80 PV80, here we two more come,
from the gang of team-bhp, crazy place to be.
If you wanna clear your stocks,
give us more discounts.
You will wonder where these guys
come with ready cash...cheers:

(Dedicated to our dearest Yeti and His Love)
heh heh now that would be awesome. I will pm my number to you. U do the same. Will let u know whenever I go for a demo n u can do the same. Other bhpians going for demos please post here so we can try to have the second wave unleashed on Devi
Old 14th November 2008, 21:40   #1955
Senior - BHPian

Niranjan told me it was a group of people from team-bhp, but I didnt ask the numbers. Anyone could tell how many PV80 and PV8 are already taken from Devi ?

Sammyboy, I am at Bangalore North which is travelling to extreme south for a demo at Devi. If we can experience the demo at 'Modern World' on MG Road (as someone already suggested as a better place, since Devi may not have PV80 as demo piece), it would be a good idea. This one is very close to LIC building near anil kumble circle. I spoke to the sales guy, they are open from 10.30am to 2pm and 3pm to 9pm. I would prefer a time before lunch time tomorow.

And as expected he quoted 65 for PV80 and 55 for PV8 ! Even at your best bargain, you might hardly save some bucks for an HDMI cable !! So Devi is our choice for final deal and Modern world could be for demo, no change in that. Let me know your time.
Old 14th November 2008, 22:05   #1956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I didn't want to compromise on quality for few bucks, so bought it from Pana shop itself for 1400/-
Gold plated HDMI is available on ebay for around 700, that way you can avoid travel to SP road.

By the way did anyone try Blue-ray on PV80?
thanks saji,

the panasonic hdmi cable was something like 2000 bucks, where did you get yours from?

The brand shop in koramangala had PV80 connected to the Blue ray player and to say the picture quality was awesome would be an understatement.
Old 14th November 2008, 22:14   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
thanks saji,

the panasonic hdmi cable was something like 2000 bucks, where did you get yours from?

The brand shop in koramangala had PV80 connected to the Blue ray player and to say the picture quality was awesome would be an understatement.
Koramangala brand shop. It is Rs1400/- with bill.
I can see the difference with HDMI and RCA with my SD DVD player itself.
Colors are more deep and contrast is more prominent.
Old 14th November 2008, 23:46   #1958
BHPian

All of you who are using the HDMI cable to connect to PV80, can you pl. let me know the make of the DVD player you are using? Thanks
Old 15th November 2008, 01:53   #1959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
All of you who are using the HDMI cable to connect to PV80, can you pl. let me know the make of the DVD player you are using? Thanks
Philips DVP- 5986K -- It plays everything and comes with an USB port as well.
Old 15th November 2008, 08:46   #1960
BHPian

I'm connected to a Denon 557 which is part of the HTiB. It up converts to 1080P through HDMI
Old 15th November 2008, 09:01   #1961
BHPian

Quote:
I'm connected to a Denon 557 which is part of the HTiB. It up converts to 1080P through HDMI
Tell me one thing frankly, Do you find any difference in the picture quality after up conversion ?

Because I have not found any difference, i.e.
1. Put in an original good quality movie DVD.
2. View it on its native resolution of 420p
3. Then up-convert the same to either 720p or higher

Have not noticed any difference in the picture quality other than the fact that the TV Stats displays that its now running at a higher resolution.

In my case the DVD player is doing the up-conversion.

There is a noticable difference in picture quality between various 420p DVD's depending on the quality of the individual prints. But for the same DVD, I have not found any noticable difference after up-conversion and without up-conversion.

So wanted to check if its the same with others.
Old 15th November 2008, 09:29   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
thanks saji,

Last time I went they did not have proper BluRay player. The box which was there was a software simulator provided by Panasonic for demo and it was not playing any Bluray disc.
Old 15th November 2008, 10:02   #1963
BHPian

Scanned Bills (Non-Devi buyers)

Hey guys,

I understand that Devi guys don't want the others to know that they're undercutting the market prices but then how do those outside Bangalore negotiate for better prices ?

Anyway I have a humble request. It would be good if at least those who bought their plasmas in other shops for lesser prices could attach scanned copies of their bills. I am sure this would not be a problem.

This would make it easier for us to negotiate better prices for the Panasonic PV80.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 15th November 2008, 10:22   #1964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hey guys,

I understand that Devi guys don't want the others to know that they're undercutting the market prices but then how do those outside Bangalore negotiate for better prices ?
All these guys have got good deals only at Devi International. No one else has bought the Pana pv80 at good prices elsewhere I guess. I think you can also buy the tv from Devi only. No need to come down to Bangalore for that. Just talk to them on phone and the tv will be delivered in Chennai. As far as warranty issues, it will be between you and Panasonic, so need to be worried about Devi not being in Chennai.
Old 15th November 2008, 12:42   #1965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hey guys,

Anyway I have a humble request. It would be good if at least those who bought their plasmas in other shops for lesser prices could attach scanned copies of their bills. I am sure this would not be a problem.

This would make it easier for us to negotiate better prices for the Panasonic PV80.

Warm regards,
Venkat

I spoke to the Panasonic guys themselves. They reaffirmed Devi's status as one of their pre-eminent dealers - in fact their most preferred dealer in the whole of Karnataka! He for sure will be making his money on volume discounts etc ,which is the way that industry functions. I picked up the TV locally at Cbe for 57,750/- directly from the local distributor. Even he was not able to match the price that Devi gave.

A few things here

1. Devi is willing to have it delivered to your doorstep, and installed, by Panasonic themselves. You will have to pay him in advance though. (All non Bangalorians that is)

2. Let us not worry about how Devi is able to give these prices - as far as we are concerned we are getting an authentic product with B&W. Period!

3. No distributor will like word to get out in the marketplace that they are selling directly at these prices - they would be undercutting and killing their dealers. Taking bills to the market place can boomerang and Devi will come under pressure to withdraw the offer.

The best method would be to first get a written undertaking from your local dealer that they will match the lowest offer anywhere in India - and then the bill copies can be put to use. Without that agreement we are only going to foster trouble which would result in higher prices for the people waiting to buy

Last edited by kb100 : 15th November 2008 at 13:01.

Most Viewed