Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 15:31   #2731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
I wonder if this will also benefit the new LED tvs. Technically LCDs and LEDs are different!!
Technically yes. But LED panels are actually LCD panels with LED used for back light. So it should be grouped under LCD. And I think this technology will replace the traditional ELP/CCFL-based backlights used currently.

LED TV

Last edited by appuchan : 6th July 2009 at 15:35.
Old 6th July 2009, 16:45   #2732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
I bought 100 HZ CRT from Philips and whatever they claim, it has motion blur. The technology of 100/200 Hz doesnt' seem to be mature enough yet.
Can you mention the model number for your TV?
Old 6th July 2009, 21:11   #2733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Can you ask them what exactly were the problems? What went bad?
Google panasonic plasma problems/red blinking light. You'll get quite a few. Not necessarily related to PV8/80 - but generally panny plasma's.

Last edited by shuvc : 6th July 2009 at 21:13.
Old 6th July 2009, 22:53   #2734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Google panasonic plasma problems/red blinking light. You'll get quite a few. Not necessarily related to PV8/80 - but generally panny plasma's.
Oh great, now I'm positively scared. And more I'm reading more I'm getting confused whether the problem is due to power or video or whatever. Gosh, why oh why nobody has posted about this issue before??

Xbox, are you talking about this issue only?
Old 7th July 2009, 02:26   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
HD Ready = 720p
Full HD = 1080p

At around 10 ft viewing distance, unless you are a videophile, you'll not notice any difference between both these resolutions.
Are you sure about this?

I have the Sony Bravia Catalog with me right now and their W series comes with the resolution 1920*1080 and it is not Full HD.
On the next page, they have the V series with the resolution 1920*1080 and specifically mentioned as Full HD.
None of the models have 1080p mentioned. Its either 1080 Full HD or just 1080.

Btw, is there no significant difference b/w full HD and HD ready for sizes less than 40"? More specifically, would the difference b/w a 32" HD ready and full HD be apparent while playing PS3 games

- Jag

PS: Can't get a bigger screen due to space constraints

Last edited by Jaguar : 7th July 2009 at 02:34.
Old 7th July 2009, 03:05   #2736
BHPian

I purchased 32 inch Sony Bravia, V Series,
its 1366 pixel horizontal x 768lines vertical.
and works fine with PS2,
PS3 would certainly give better results.

Mostly i use my PS2 to play movies off a USB Drive.
Old 7th July 2009, 09:45   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Oh great, now I'm positively scared. And more I'm reading more I'm getting confused whether the problem is due to power or video or whatever. Gosh, why oh why nobody has posted about this issue before??

Well people mentioned that the TV died, but did not mention the casue of death
Old 7th July 2009, 10:56   #2738
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Are you sure about this?

I have the Sony Bravia Catalog with me right now and their W series comes with the resolution 1920*1080 and it is not Full HD.
On the next page, they have the V series with the resolution 1920*1080 and specifically mentioned as Full HD.
None of the models have 1080p mentioned. Its either 1080 Full HD or just 1080.
Full HD = 1080p that is 1080 horizontal scan lines with progressive scan.
The Full HD actually is 1080p in native mode ( not upscaled)

There are other models simply designated as 1080 or 1080 i this is 1080 horzontal lies with interlaced mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Btw, is there no significant difference b/w full HD and HD ready for sizes less than 40"? More specifically, would the difference b/w a 32" HD ready and full HD be apparent while playing PS3 games

- Jag

PS: Can't get a bigger screen due to space constraints
Well on any size you will notice difference if and only if you are playing an original Full HD ( 1080p) source all other things being constant.
So the difference will be visible if you play a Full HD movie from PC or Blue Ray player of your PS3 not while playing PS3 games.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:01   #2739
BHPian

Hi Guys

Im looking for a 32in (or there about) LCD/plasma TV. Any recommendations and the approximate price?

Want to get the G10 Panasonic but its too expensive and my hall is not big enough.

It will be mainly used for DTH and a little bit for DVDs. Dont need HD capabilities.

Please advice me, CNET does not seem to have any outright recommendations for this size. :(

This seems to be their recommendation:
Samsung LN32A450 Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews

Last edited by Proxima : 7th July 2009 at 11:03.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:18   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Dont get alarmed. Just google for Sony Bravia issues and you'll have a lot more issues posted like "Over 400000 Sony Bravia TVs found to be defective"," Sony Bravia brightness issues" etc.
As a matter of fact, google for any product and you will get scores of posts of the cons of the product.
The person who tainted the Panny's plasma series has only made a passing reference that some Panny Plasma TVs died, without any details of what the issues were. This apart, since he said they died after 2 years, they are not the PV8 series positively.
On the other hand, if you read the CNET reviews, Panasonic Plasmas have the best ratings.
Old 7th July 2009, 12:12   #2741
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Dont get alarmed. ....
I was actually alarmed with this thread Master thread for Panasonic plasma not turning on - AVS Forum .. This came up after Shuvc posted to do a google search on red LED blinking issue. And this is alarming and I'm worried.
Old 7th July 2009, 13:34   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxima View Post
Hi Guys

Im looking for a 32in (or there about) LCD/plasma TV. Any recommendations and the approximate price?

Want to get the G10 Panasonic but its too expensive and my hall is not big enough.

It will be mainly used for DTH and a little bit for DVDs. Dont need HD capabilities.

Please advice me, CNET does not seem to have any outright recommendations for this size. :(

This seems to be their recommendation:
Samsung LN32A450 Flat-panel TV reviews - CNET Reviews
Samsung LCDs seem to have the best customer reviews on CNET. Is any Samsung 32in ok?
Old 7th July 2009, 14:18   #2743
BHPian

The Budget has reduced basic customs duty on LCD panels, which are imported by consumer electronic companies from Korea, China or Japan, but imposed a customs duty of 5% on set top boxes (STBs) for television broadcasting, which will lead to an increase in price.

Budget 2009-10: Gain on the LCD, lose on the set-top box- Policy-Economy-News-The Economic Times
Old 7th July 2009, 14:36   #2744

I know its not good to buy from Burma market kind of places, but to a surprise my friend owns <36"> Sony. Its one year now and everything is fine and he is happy to crack the deal in 43k. PS I am not sure about current price but that time market price was 72k. He even told the shop-keeper opens the box infront of you and the box has "Made in Malasia" printed on it, and would say go ahead doing test with the set. I am talking about some shop in National Market near Majestic, Bangalore.
Old 7th July 2009, 21:20   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojks_12 View Post
I know its not good to buy from Burma market kind of places, but to a surprise my friend owns <36"> Sony. Its one year now and everything is fine and he is happy to crack the deal in 43k. PS I am not sure about current price but that time market price was 72k. He even told the shop-keeper opens the box infront of you and the box has "Made in Malasia" printed on it, and would say go ahead doing test with the set. I am talking about some shop in National Market near Majestic, Bangalore.

What is the name of the shop? Is it Mishrymal?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks