Team-BHP - The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/19585-tv-thread-lcd-led-etc-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srasania (Post 338426)
hey dude..I would suggest to go for a Samsung LCD model..I have the Samsung M5 40 inch LCD ,and love it..

-sr

is this suggestion for me or for Spyder!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 337882)
Samsung just released a new range upgrade to the bordeaux called mosel. These are true HD i.e. 1920*1080 res and 6000:1 contrast ratio.

6000:1 yes.... but not 1080. Its 1366x768.

SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD TV | LA32N71B

BTW, what is the diff between bordeaux, M5, M6, sonoma etc??? I guess except for bordeaux non other models retails. Are the previous gen?

gkrishn I was talking of the F series not the N series. The N is just a higher version of the bordeaux. The F is true HD.

SAMSUNG's Digital World - LCD TV | LA40F71B

M5, M6 are previous gen although the M6 has a better panel and more features but lesser brightness.

The sonoma is the stripped down version of bordeaux. same panel but less contrast ratio.

Vid,
Thats from singapore site. Indian site dosnt seem to list it. Also 32 inch dosnt seems to have the F series anyway. I guess it will trickle down eventually... guess if these new models have any price reduction effect on current boreaux series.

Yup I'm currently in singapore and happened to see it. The difference in clarity is very visible in this.
Generally after 2-3 months the models are launched in India. The Bordeaux prices have been falling ever since it was launched. I think it's currently at 1lakh for the 40".
The bordeaux was overly hyped. It's a good tv no doubt but for HD or DVD viewing. For cable or DTH it's lacklustre. It doesnt have any noise reduction or a powerful tuner. No clean up of reception at all. The DNIe doesnt do that.

Looks like they have launched this "neo mosel" already in india, atleast the web site lists them. I dont think i will be using cable. Its going to be tata sky.

I recently picked up 2 Samsumg R7 models, and i must admit they are very very good. Infact better than Sony anyday. To top it all, Samsung offers more competitive price than the Sony.

X

Guys, please check out the phillips range before you buy. you might find the clarity on a different level.

Yup esteem_lover the philips ambilight series is considered to be very good. But the ambilight ones are far more pricey. the lower philips dont have that good clarity.

I'm waiting for F series Mosel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyder (Post 337429)
I'm currently tilting towards the Samsung Bordeaux (70k MRP + Tata Sky + free fitting)

Looks like standard samsung deal, same is available with one of the dealers here in bangalore.

Any one has any comments on how pic quality is with DTH like tata sky. I know it sucks with cable.

get the bravia
theres nothing like sony
the peace of mind you enjoy with sony is like none other
i have the 32" bravia along with TATA sky and its wonderful and the video quality on dvds is amazin
though initially you may take time to get used to the lcd screen as it is quite different from crts

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 337882)
Even I'm planning to buy one but in 40". Samsung just released a new range upgrade to the bordeaux called mosel. These are true HD i.e. 1920*1080 res and 6000:1 contrast ratio.

I was at e-zone today. I know R71 bordeaux have 5000:1 contrast ratio. I came accross sony spec which said 1600:1 ratio. I was puzzeled by such a huge difference. Did some google and found out that samsung is talking about Dynamic contrast ratio and sony was talking about static contrast ratio. This is akin to PMPO and RMS values used in audio world!!!

sansui in todays times of india ( balore) , 42 inch LCD at 60 k ,no exchange nothing .

Yeah true about the static and dynamic contrast ratio. I noticed the same thing when i saw the Sony.
Dont go by the numbers. See the image quality. According to me Samsung looks more lively.
Also Sony service is not so good in India. Thats why I'm staying away from them.
The service charges are also much more higher for sony after warranty preiod.

I got the following info from some other forums...

Quote:

Some of the facts i found out from the Samsung product trainer this morning...

Major different in M61 series and R71 series...
M61 - 10-bit signal processing (6.4 billion colours reproduction, colour gamut 92%), have brightness sensor (which help to save power consumption too) and have My Colour Control

R71 - 10-bit signal processing (12.8 billion colours reproduction, colour gamut 72%), do not have brightness sensor and My Colour Control.

Conclusion...M61 have much more smoothing PQ and better colour shade due to high colour gamut shown (M series is the DELUXE model). R71 new glossy design with less function (R series is their mid range model)
For one it looks like M6 is better than the Bordeaux range. Also M6 link in Samsung india site is not working.

Another thing is regarding this Colour Gamut. Only the sony v-series has this, which is pretty costly. The equally priced, w.r.t bordeaux, s-series spec dosn’t talk about this. Infact this WCG (wide colour gamut) is a major difference between s and v series. Where as from the above quote the bordeaux range has it.

So at least on paper it looks like samsung, when compared with sony, gives a much better product and that at a lesser price too.

Also the sony's s-series seems to be 2005 product range. Can some one confirm the above data?!?!?

Sony's s-series 32 inch model now quotes at 70k with 3% discount.