Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2009, 10:56   #3151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
Neon -- where are you buying it from -- please PM\ reply in the post. I am at Chinchwad and have ezone, vijay Sales, Dass and Rajesh trading(Panasonic dealer) near my place and i need to do a comparo too.
Posting it here so that other people would also get an idea. I am deciding on either the Panasonic C10 or the LG 42PQ60 (Both are plasma) or else LG 32LG80FR - full HD LCD.

According to my living room dimensions, it seems 32" LCD would be a bit smaller (Room dim 11*17ft) and 42" LCD is way costly.

when I told LG dealer that people have bought the plasma PQ60 at around 43K (A shot in the air) he said, visit the shop and they will manage to give it to me around that (Originally he told me 47K). Now if I trade my 29" CTV, it should come down to 38K (43-5).

The LG 32LG80FR (Jazz) which is Full HD 32" LCD model is also available at 40K at his shop (Which should come down after bargain) but I feel we do not have full HD content available as easily. So I think a 42" plasma (LG or Panny) is great at 40K levels as both of them are HD ready ( not full HD) and you get 10" bigger screen as well.

@KPBhatt: Visit LG shopee at baner - near food bazzar - Near Syamntec building. Press them on the price and you could get a good bargain. Make sure once you finalize the panel, note down the numbers given on the shop's display panel to make sure you get genuine packed piece.

@all: If someone is buying "32LG80FR", make sure you notice this number on the side of the panel because:
1. The 32LG80UR model is similar to LG80FR but it is not full HD as 80FR.
2. The LG shopee owner told me, other shop keepers send 80UR model even though you have paid for 80FR. The 80UR is couple of thousands cheaper to 80FR.

Last edited by neoonwheels : 16th November 2009 at 10:58.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:25   #3152
BHPian

hi Neon,

thx for the advice. I paid a visit to ezone -- they had the following on display :

TH-P42C10D : Rs.44250
PV 8 D : Rs 44340
LG - 42PQ60 : Rs 44000

do these prices look realistic or good enough?
Old 16th November 2009, 14:08   #3153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbhatt View Post
hi Neon,

thx for the advice. I paid a visit to ezone -- they had the following on display :

TH-P42C10D : Rs.44250
PV 8 D : Rs 44340
LG - 42PQ60 : Rs 44000

do these prices look realistic or good enough?
LG at 42-43K is a good price. You can easily bargain for that if you are paying by cash. Push the dealer and he would be more than happy to sale his piece.

Panny prices are pretty much inline with the dealer in Kothrud. The dealer said he can give me C10D at 39-40 if I exchange my 29" CRT otherwise it is 44K.

It seems the competition is pretty hot in the market and these guys are willingly open for bargain. Try LG shopee at Baner if you are buying LG plasma/LCD. Its a company operated shop, so you get genuine piece for sure. Panasonic has their own dealer network so it should be good as well.
Old 16th November 2009, 15:40   #3154
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted inputs on a comparison/feedback on Panasonic S10 vs C10 (42"). Have searched this thread but couldn't get any specific answers on these 2 models.

A C10 is available for 42.5K whereas the S10 is quoted for 60K. Is a premium of ~17.5K justified for S10, assuming TATA SKy being used 95% of the time for watching and an occasional DVD being watched.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:31   #3155
Senior - BHPian

Finally we boguht the LG Jazz Theatre 42". One particular reason i went for the Jazz was the awesome sound quality. 700W PMPO with virtual 5.1ch surround sound! Other TVs need to be attached to a home theatre system if you want good sound while watching movies. Took full advantage of the built-in USB port, watched Transformers 2 and it was a treat to watch it one the big screen. The sound effects could be felt and the picture quality is one of the best!
Old 17th November 2009, 00:12   #3156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Wanted inputs on a comparison/feedback on Panasonic S10 vs C10 (42"). Have searched this thread but couldn't get any specific answers on these 2 models.

A C10 is available for 42.5K whereas the S10 is quoted for 60K. Is a premium of ~17.5K justified for S10, assuming TATA SKy being used 95% of the time for watching and an occasional DVD being watched.
C10 is hd ready and S10 full hd.
If 95% is the tata sky viewing go for C10.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:18   #3157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Why 42" plasma is available at the price of 32" Full HD LCD? Is it worth putting moeny on plasma? The Plasma has resolution of 1024*768 while Full HD has 1920x1080p. I am confused like anything now. Please guide me guys.
Mate still we get broadcast of 480P so no point in comparing 720P or 1080P as it dosent matters untill n unless you are going to play HD or full HD content.
And till now entry level LCD which ranges between 30-50K dosent matches the picture quality of Plasmas, only LCD which are above 70K now defeats Plasmas, so no point in investing money in entry level LCD, rather go for HD Plasma or add some more vitamin M and go for full HD plasmas(costing 62K in Bangalore) or move ahead with 70+K range of LCD.Your viewing distance is good enough for 42" TV.
My choice for Plasma is Panasonic and for LCD Philips Cenios series or Samsung LED.Never ever look at LG.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 17th November 2009 at 14:21.
Old 17th November 2009, 14:59   #3158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
My choice for Plasma is Panasonic and for LCD Philips Cenios series or Samsung LED.Never ever look at LG.
May I ask why are you knocking LG?
Old 17th November 2009, 15:37   #3159
BANNED

Greenhorn If you have showroom in Delhi who stocks almost all the TVs ask him to play some cable, DTH, DVD, HD content and Blueray and se how LG mixes the color with other color dont know what the actual term is called, somewhere heard its known as color burst.Forget LG try even Samsung and Sony with Philips Cenios series you'll never look back at any other brand.
Dont mind if i knocked badly any brand, but few brand simply wipes their competitors in very easy way, trust me even i was a big Sony fan but Philips washed all myths.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:59   #3160
BHPian

I bought a 42" Philips 7403 recently and am very pleased with tis performance. I am using it to play games on XBOX 360 at 1080p and see no distortion or blur even in the most action packed scenes. The same goes for watching DVDs.

The only -ves i can find in it are that --
a) I can not switch from 100Hz to 50 Hz
b) The TV unlike all other Philips TVs can store only a max of 8 favorite channels, which is somewhat of a pain.
Old 17th November 2009, 16:15   #3161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Greenhorn If you have showroom in Delhi who stocks almost all the TVs ask him to play some cable, DTH, DVD, HD content and Blueray and se how LG mixes the color with other color dont know what the actual term is called, somewhere heard its known as color burst.Forget LG try even Samsung and Sony with Philips Cenios series you'll never look back at any other brand.
Dont mind if i knocked badly any brand, but few brand simply wipes their competitors in very easy way, trust me even i was a big Sony fan but Philips washed all myths.
I need to try this first hand at the dealer. From all over the Net I read good reviews about LG 42PQ60 plasma. The other choice I have in mind is Panasonic C10D. Both of them cost almost same. LG has an edge on Panasonic in terms of:

1. Good after sales service.
2. Has better sound quality than Panasonic - Read in reviews, no first hand experience
3. Has USB connectivity. No need for any DVD player as such. Can play movies stored right on your USB hard drive.

I am using LG 29" CRT for almost 2 years now. Never had any issues with it. I guess competition is fast catching up top players in the market. My head says Panasonic while heart says LG because of the added advantages stated earlier.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:13   #3162
BHPian

Hi,
I am in Market for a LCD TV.
What are the basic specifications to look for in LCD?

I am seeing a deal that Sony Bravia V series 46" LCD + PS3 for $999. I found it to be pretty attractive. But someone said to me that, Bravia V has contrast ratio of 50000:1 which is quite less. How does it matter ?

My budget is about $1000 and I WANT a PS3 in it. I am OK with either 40" or 46" screens. Can someone suggest one? I am buying in US and possibly want to buy in the thanksgiving season if I get a decent deal.
Old 24th November 2009, 00:51   #3163
BHPian

Need experts advice on 32' LCD TV In bangalore

Gurus/Experts, Need your valuable advice here pls.

Which brand do I buy and from which dealer in Bangalore?

Brands that I am considering are:

1) LG - 32 inch LF 20 - full HD

Price quoted is 30k by Metro (do I get warranty from LG if I buy from Metro cash and carry??) , Rs 30, 500 from Girias

2) Panasonic Viera 32 inch C 8 - HD ready

Price quoted is Rs 28, 400 from Adishwars,

Pls suggest me the model and what is the best price and where shd I buy it from?

Urgent pls, buying within 2 days.
Old 24th November 2009, 02:32   #3164
Distinguished - BHPian

I am in market to buy a 40" TV for my dad, How good is LED compared to a LCD full HD of the same brand? The usage will be 90%Tata sky and occasional viewing of DVD/BluRay format. Please enlighten this confused soul.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:45   #3165
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
I am in market to buy a 40" TV for my dad, How good is LED compared to a LCD full HD of the same brand? The usage will be 90%Tata sky and occasional viewing of DVD/BluRay format. Please enlighten this confused soul.
It's just the backlight technology that is LED or CCD-CFL, but the panel in both the cases are LCD only.

The LED backlit LCD produced better black levels as compared to the CFL, but in my view it's nothing great. If you have a big budget then you can buy yourself an LED backlit one.

If you want absolute black levels then you should go for Plasma, but you can only appreciate the contrast if you have proper home theatre setting. On the normal household setting, it hardly makes a difference.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks