Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 20:05   #3496
Senior - BHPian

@Jassi- Its given 90k on LG site however people are buying it between 65-70k in reality.So difference will be 20-25k.
I can think of stretching the budget if am 100% convinced LED is better than a FHD or HD ready Plasma/LCD.

No Idea about LED tv's of samsung however in Plasma's most people rate them above LG and on par with Panny.

Edit- V10 in 50 inch is around 1.20 lac as reported in other forums.

@Silkdrive- I don't play any games or watch Active etc. Tv viewing is mostly sports and movie channels. In that case i guess burn in should not be an issue.Right?

Last edited by harry10 : 10th May 2010 at 20:06.
Old 10th May 2010, 20:18   #3497
BHPian

Hi Harry ,

LG has discontinued LH90 , the dealer is selling some old stock (and yes i know its still showing on the website), just check the date on the set. LG has sadly also gone for edge lit LED TV ( may be more profit). I also had LH90 for 5 days , I returned it as it was an old showroom set. It was 68 K ( on 5 march 2010). LG Dealer returned my money as LG did not have any new set.

I went for S10 so that I wont feel the urge to upgrade when full HD is avaliable in India. The Panny shop is located in paschim Vihar. I will PM you with the showroom number.

Hi Jassi,

I am amazed to see you going on for the LCD / LED tv. I would suggest to also look at Samsung 3D LED tv.

Last edited by Kool_Kid : 10th May 2010 at 20:24.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:11   #3498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Hi Harry ,

LG has discontinued LH90 , the dealer is selling some old stock (and yes i know its still showing on the website), just check the date on the set. LG has sadly also gone for edge lit LED TV ( may be more profit). I also had LH90 for 5 days , I returned it as it was an old showroom set. It was 68 K ( on 5 march 2010). LG Dealer returned my money as LG did not have any new set.

I went for S10 so that I wont feel the urge to upgrade when full HD is avaliable in India. The Panny shop is located in paschim Vihar. I will PM you with the showroom number.

Hi Jassi,

I am amazed to see you going on for the LCD / LED tv. I would suggest to also look at Samsung 3D LED tv.
How is your S10 performing till now regarding normal SD content and HD content?
DO you use Tata sky or any other dth with it?
Old 10th May 2010, 21:21   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Edit- V10 in 50 inch is around 1.20 lac as reported in other forums.
thanks for that insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
I don't see a point in 3d yet - frankly i can't be wearing 3d glasses when watching a movie while relaxing at home
I am just considering if local dimming LED LCDs have reached the levels of plasmas and this is due to lack of 2010 plasma models in India. The moment panny launches their new plasmas, I will stop researching :-)

Also cnet continues to report 2009 plasmas as having some long term black level issues
Follow-up: Panasonic plasma black-level loss measured in long-term test | Crave - CNET
which seem to be fixed in 2010 models! I don't see any such issues in my panny, but still something to consider.

Last edited by jassi : 10th May 2010 at 21:22.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:23   #3500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10;
How is your S10 performing till now regarding normal SD content and HD content?
DO you use Tata sky or any other dth with it?
I am just using normal SD , However i have plans of connecting my home theater using HDMI cables . I will let you know soon.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:09   #3501
BHPian

Does anybody here know when the 2010 panny models (g25/g20) will be launched in india?
Old 11th May 2010, 10:23   #3502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Silkdrive- I don't play any games or watch Active etc. Tv viewing is mostly sports and movie channels. In that case i guess burn in should not be an issue.Right?
Absolutely no issues in that case ! It is not really a drawback, but just a small precaution to be taken if there are kids in the house who are fond of games.

In fact, for sports and high speed action movies, plasma is the best choice that can be, owing to its lower response time compared to LCDs.
Old 11th May 2010, 11:40   #3503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
@harry10 :

However, please note that plasmas are prone to permanent pixel burns if a certain area of the screen is made to display a same color and intensity for a long time. This may also lead to some dead pixels (but chances of dead pixels are less).
One doesnt have to worry about that in new age plasma (2008 later model above). Every manufacturer has different technique for that. For example, Pana employs pixel shift in Plasma which ensure burn our doesn't happen. If you take care of first 100 hrs then it will never be a problem.

This I say after using Plasma's for more than 4 years now (US + India)
Old 11th May 2010, 11:56   #3504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
One doesnt have to worry about that in new age plasma (2008 later model above). Every manufacturer has different technique for that. For example, Pana employs pixel shift in Plasma which ensure burn our doesn't happen. If you take care of first 100 hrs then it will never be a problem.

This I say after using Plasma's for more than 4 years now (US + India)
Ok, I stand corrected in that case. Its great that this is not an issue any more.

However its quite interesting that we have a run-in period for TVs as well, like our vehicles.
Old 11th May 2010, 12:07   #3505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkDrive View Post
Ok, I stand corrected in that case. Its great that this is not an issue any more.

However its quite interesting that we have a run-in period for TVs as well, like our vehicles.
he he he...I know...its more of a precaution thats all. Infact I wrote an article on this dont know where I misplaced. There few basic precautions for 100 hrs like:
1. Ensure black bars are visible (use Zoom function for first 100 hrs)
2. Do not use the TV in dynamic mode
3. If possible change channels
4. Avoid frequent switching on and off
4. Avoid seeing pictures (bcos we get a phone call and we forget to switch off and the pic stays static for more tahn 30 mins +)

more was there cant remember now
Old 11th May 2010, 15:23   #3506

Bought the PV8 for 30k instead of c10 which was retailing at 39.5k. Spent the rest of the amount on good servo stabilizer (7.5k for 2kva) and 2 panasonic hdmi cables (1300 each).

Also, bought the denon 1610-AVR. 30 meters banridge 16ga speaker cables. currently connected them to the sony speakers (old HT speakers) The sq of these speakers is no where near to what i have auditioned. My next phase of upgrade is floorstanders+center speaker+ satellites+active sub (kef or wharfs or aacoustics)?

Watched 'avatar' original dvd and the PQ was out of this world. PQ on set top box is good too.
Old 11th May 2010, 16:44   #3507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post
Bought the PV8 for 30k instead of c10 which was retailing at 39.5k. Spent the rest of the amount on good servo stabilizer (7.5k for 2kva) and 2 panasonic hdmi cables (1300 each).
30k is an awesome price! Didnt HDMI cables come with the TV?
Old 11th May 2010, 17:06   #3508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini.rtmc View Post

good price sir, but could you let us know which dealer? will be helpfull to rest of the hyd team-bhpians.

also how much did you pick up the denon avr for?
Old 12th May 2010, 10:03   #3509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
As far as splurging 90k for an LH90 vs 40k on a 42" panny plasma - i am also confused if its even worth it
The Panasonic C10 has a screen resolution of 1024 x 768, while almost all 40-42" LCDs have a screen resolution of 1920 X 1080. If you are going to watch only SD TV transmission and DVD movies, the C10 would do the job for you. But for HD TV and bluray movies, isn't it better to get a Full HD LCD TV?
Old 12th May 2010, 10:45   #3510
Senior - BHPian

We are planning to get a new 50 inch plasma and I have shortlisted the Panasonic S10. The approx price for this model is around 1.2L. Do you think it is worth going in for this model? Are there any alternatives?

I also read somewhere that the Panny V10 50 inch plasma is sold at 1.2L. Is this true? If yes, can someone direct me to a place in Bangalore where I can get it at this price?

@Kool_Kid, How much did you pay for your S10? Any reviews?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks