Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2010, 12:19   #3526
BHPian

hi guys I have a budget of Rs.15k and am looking at a decent 26" LCD tv for my bedroom (not particular about full HD). I know that the Panny 26" costs 20k here after discounts and the LG's and Samsungs are in the range of 22-23k.
One of my friends is visiting Malaysia next week and is willing to bring me one from there. I went through the company sites of Panasonic, LG & Samsung in Malaysia and found 19", 22", 32" and above listed but not 26".

Can anyone who's been to Malaysia recently confirm if there are 26" available there ? Model names and prices would help.
Old 15th May 2010, 17:52   #3527
Senior - BHPian

Anyone bought here a Panny G10?
Read too many bad reviews for black levels issue on it.

Does the X10 also got the same issue?
Old 15th May 2010, 18:35   #3528
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post

Difference - 260w
For avg TV usage of 6 hrs/day. Extra power required = 1560wh. Which is around 1.5 units per day. That's 45 units per month. If unit prices are around Rs. 5, it translates to an extra power bill of Rs. 225 per month.

ps: Not conversant with current prices, but one would normally pay more to buy a 42 FHD LCD than a 42 Plasma. Becomes kind of the diesel/petrol argument. High usage diesel, else petrol
Ha ha.. you must be kidding me. Dude come over to Bangalore, your perception will be changed completely. Electricity charges are very high here and it's gonna get worse.

I shifted to a new house which was vacant for almost one month that means NO usage. The electricity bill still came to 192rs.
Old 15th May 2010, 19:37   #3529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98 View Post
It's just that you get used to whatever you watch for a long time. I've been watching my 21" CRT tv for 7 years now and would have never missed HD Ready or Full HD or whatnot had it not been for these companies creating such a hype around these things. So no wonder you are totally happy with HD Ready. Once you have watched full HD (real 1080p content) for a year or so, you can never go back to anything less.
I have a sony bravia full hd 40" LCD in the house - and the panny hd ready looks better. I watch both equal amount of time and have tested both with bluray (1080p) movies
Old 15th May 2010, 22:51   #3530
Senior - BHPian

how is this offer from e-zone mumbai?
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-getimage.dll.png  

Old 15th May 2010, 22:57   #3531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
I shifted to a new house which was vacant for almost one month that means NO usage. The electricity bill still came to 192rs.
Happens here too. Could you please have a look at that bill and mention the per unit charge?
Old 16th May 2010, 02:04   #3532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Happens here too. Could you please have a look at that bill and mention the per unit charge?
Too lazy to do that

Anyways, FYI.... People looking to buy an LCD withing range of 35K, your best option is Philips 32PFL5609. People in Bangalore, CROMA is a NO NO.

Croma always quotes 3-4K abouve market value and they don't negotiate.
Old 16th May 2010, 08:19   #3533
BHPian

Quote:
Croma always quotes 3-4K abouve market value and they don't negotiate.
Croma in Bangalore is the worst place to goto - completely unhelpful sales people. Its like they don't really care if they sell or not. Infact in most cases they have no idea about the product and a couple of times they say they don't have the product and then you go in and find it yourself!!
They act like they are the Frys or CircuitCity of India, but they are the exact opposite - incompetent buffoons

Last edited by jassi : 16th May 2010 at 08:20.
Old 16th May 2010, 15:59   #3534
Senior - BHPian

Advice needed

I need to buy a flat screen tv.

Size = 36"-42".
Budget = cheapest option.

Please suggest the most economical option in LED/LCD/Plasma without compromising picture quality. I have a Tata sky conn and I intend to connect the new flat screen tv to my desktop, so I can play movies from my comp on the TV.

Viewing distance is approx 15 feet.

I currently have a 29" Sony Wega and am very happy with the sound and picture quality. This tv will however be shifted to another room hence the need for a flat screen for a big living room.

Thanks,

Jay

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 16th May 2010 at 16:00.
Old 16th May 2010, 16:55   #3535
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
how is this offer from e-zone mumbai?
The best offer you can get. I was in E-Zone Bangalore yesterday and they had the same offer here. They sold 27 systems in an hour in front of me I think I am also going for this offer today ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi
Croma in Bangalore is the worst place to goto - completely unhelpful sales people. Its like they don't really care if they sell or not. Infact in most cases they have no idea about the product and a couple of times they say they don't have the product and then you go in and find it yourself!!
They act like they are the Frys or CircuitCity of India, but they are the exact opposite - incompetent buffoons
I agree with each and every word you said. The sales guys there are illiterate and immature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Please suggest the most economical option in LED/LCD/Plasma without compromising picture quality. I have a Tata sky conn and I intend to connect the new flat screen tv to my desktop, so I can play movies from my comp on the TV.
Dude, close your eyes and go for Philips 32PFL5609. Price range is 32-35K, depending on the dealer. This model is rated best in this price range over all the manufacturers.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 16th May 2010 at 16:59.
Old 16th May 2010, 17:09   #3536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dude, close your eyes and go for Philips 32PFL5609. Price range is 32-35K, depending on the dealer. This model is rated best in this price range over all the manufacturers.
I think you are referring to a 32" model. Im looking at 36" - 42".

I have friends who have had very bad experiences with Philips, notably with the pieces going kaput within warranty and extremely poor after sales service. This makes me quite skeptical about purchasing anything that has " philips" written on it!!
Old 16th May 2010, 22:22   #3537
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
I think you are referring to a 32" model. Im looking at 36" - 42".

I have friends who have had very bad experiences with Philips, notably with the pieces going kaput within warranty and extremely poor after sales service. This makes me quite skeptical about purchasing anything that has " philips" written on it!!
Hmmm... Maybe, I'm not sure about that but these issues can be suspected in all electronics for that matter.

42'' - You should have gone for the offer going on with E-Zone.
LED TV+XBox+Home Theatre = 80K
Old 16th May 2010, 22:59   #3538
BHPian

What is the selling price of the TV alone (LG 42SL90QR) in the E-Zone Akshay Trithiya offer and what is the model number of the Onkyo Home theatre?
Old 16th May 2010, 23:09   #3539
Senior - BHPian

Guys. I am ONE month away from buying a LARGE PLASMA for the living room in my new house, and a 32" LCD for my bedroom.
My requirements for the plasma being:
1. Budget of about 75-80 k
2. FULL HD
3. Warranty of 2-3 years and above

I will be connecting all sources to this through my Denon AVR 1910, so even Tata SKY+ will be upscaled on this TV by the receiver.

Please help. From my research, the Panasonic C10, X10 and S10 are the three in reckoning. But I want something LARGER than 46/47" please. So please suggest accordingly.
ONE more question: Will FULL HD and HD READY matter if I am viewing sources like the Xtreamer and PS3?

What about the smaller TV? Samsung Series 4 32" one looks a decent choice, or else I could go for a Panasonic here too, since they offer more warranty,

PS: the reason why I ask for more warranty is that my Sony W series bravia tv(That cost us Rs. 110,000) conked in the first week after it's one year warranty. It cost us Rs. 34000 to fix the same!! I DONT WANT A SONY, EVER!!!
Old 17th May 2010, 01:26   #3540
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
ONE more question: Will FULL HD and HD READY matter if I am viewing sources like the Xtreamer and PS3?
Xtremer is a very awesome gadget. It will surely matter if you use FULL HD or HD READY.

Full HD - 1080P (Also depends on how far you are sitting from the screen)
READY HD - 720p (Also depends on how far you are sitting from the screen)
Xtremer - 1080P

So if the screen does not fulfil the Xtremer's requirement, definition change. Same with PS3, DIVX and Blueray disc.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 17th May 2010 at 01:32.

Most Viewed