Team-BHP - The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/19585-tv-thread-lcd-led-etc-3.html)

Yes the sony S series available in india is the 2005 model. The current model in India is KLV-S32A10 there are 2 more models after this and the latest one for 2007 is KLV-32S200A.

Same goes for the V series. In india we have the KLV-V32A10. whereas the latest revision of this is the KLV-32V200A.

There is a huge improvement in the newer Bravias. the ones in India are like the first gen Bravias.

Samsung products are more up to date.

You are also correct about the M6. It does have a better picture quality. The only drwaback is the brightness and contrast levels when you see a dark scene are not as good as the bordeaux.

The M6 has the my colour option which allows it to give a better colour rendering looking more real.

Also the M6 is the 2005 model and will stop soon. maybe thats why the link is not working.

hmmm... then sony is clearly out of consideration now.

Ok, then I will wait till neo mosel's 32 inch debut, look at the price dynamics at that time and will decide for which one to buy.

I too was thinking of the same thing to go in for the Neo-Mosel F series. I saw both of them here and on normal set top broadcast as well as DVD the difference is not so great.
The image appears more finel thats all but not so perceptible. The picture quality will only be visibly better when you play HD-DVD or bluray which makes full use of high definition true 1080.
For normal viewing the Mosel N series should suffice.
I am now contemplating that. but there will always be that must have latest and best mindset.

OFF topic but i dint want to start a new thread :

Anyone using sony Grand Wega ( projection lcd ) They have a fifty inch for a lakh or lesser. Need advice as i am planning to buy it soon

buy a 42inch plasma instead. theyre less than a lac.

Wat is the main difference between an lcd, plasma and a projection lcd

Which one is the best overall ???

Thats going to be very long to explain to you. Projection lcd is the poorest in quality whereas plasma and LCD are very close in delivering good quality.

LCD is the priciest then plasma. Projection LCD is the cheapest.

Suggest you go for Plasma if your budget is tight.

Ill post some links later on to tell you the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 (Post 344418)
Wat is the main difference between an lcd, plasma and a projection lcd

Which one is the best overall ???

i dont think you should go for a projection no matter what. they are very bad. u cannot view them from close by. their picture is not clear.

out of lcds and plasmas lcds are newer and better. they are lighter, consume less electricity, give a brighter picture. they also have a longer life.

the only downside to lcds is the price. they are pricey but worth it. the other thing is the response time which is 8miliseconds. the plasmas response time is 0ms so there is no lag.

if you watch alot of sports buy a plasma because of the response time. but even the lcds response time will become better.

So now it boils down to which 42 inch plasma lg, sony or samsung ????

The integra series from videocon are retailing for less ( 26 inch 30 K) and 32inch for 40+K. At the present moment they are selling cheaper than the other brands. Sansui is also compettitive.Any drawbacks with the Videocon integra series..

1. Figure out the source of content that you end up watching most
- If the source quality is bad, then some good TV's could end up looking worse than ordinary TV's - noise filtering, signal conditioning, colour gamut etc.
- Most TV manufacturers expect a certain minimum quality and do not design it for bad signals..

2. Once you figure out the source (say DTH, or cable STB, or DVD's or VCD's), use that to compare sets
- Most people watch the demos with great DVD players and pre-selected demo DVD's and get dissapointed with the quality of cable programming for eg.

3. Trust your eyes!
- When you buy audio equipment or video equipment, dont buy based on specs (except for i/p's, o/p's, standards etc.), but trust your eyes and ears - they are eventually what you are going to use for your pleasure.
- I had a friend who built some speakers for me using Indian components from SJP road and a majority of visitors say it sounds better than high end expensive speakers.. Specs is not everything..
- I tried to find the difference between a bravia and a bourdeux as the specs of the samsung should have blown away the bravia, but it was not the case..

4. It is subjective
- Dont go by what "experts" or the salesman or friends say.. See and hear it for yourself and make the decision.
- The hollywood "golden eyes" was a method to determine the quality of film - a bunch of people brought into a room and a statistical method across them determined the quality

5. Narrow it down based on some base criteria
- Decide on some specs that you need - eg. will you connect a PC, the number of connectors you need based on the sources and outputs, Do you have HDMI sources - how many do you need? Is DLNA important to you, What resolution do you anticipate you need from 480p to 1080p and all the variants in between (obviously 1080p is going to be the most expensive and not easily available in India) etc...
- Look at the other aspects - after sales service etc.
- Once you have some of these as must haves, desirable and dont care.. then shortlist the brands/models and then do the visual/aural test..

6. Match the outcome of the shortlist by rating all this with your wallet and then decide. If not able to decide, wait for some time and repeat exercise till successful ;-)..

You may want to consider the Philips pixelplus range..

I was in the process of purchasing a large screen tv about 2.5 years ago. After much research, found a Philips PixelPlus 36" wide-screen CRT tv in the market that seemed to fit my bill (I was a little paranoid with all the tube life statistics about LCD and plasma tvs at that point ) and thought a CRT TV might be a safer bet.

Cons of my purchase: the TV is very bulky - it is about 86 Kilos in weight!

But, I really do like the clarity it offers..

I can't comment on the service as fortunately, we did not require any servicing so far. But, I would recommend getting a householder's insurance policy on the TV.. (it will add to your perception of being covered!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgc_cool (Post 345276)
You may want to consider the Philips pixelplus range..

I was in the process of purchasing a large screen tv about 2.5 years ago. After much research, found a Philips PixelPlus 36" wide-screen CRT tv in the market that seemed to fit my bill (I was a little paranoid with all the tube life statistics about LCD and plasma tvs at that point ) and thought a CRT TV might be a safer bet.

Cons of my purchase: the TV is very bulky - it is about 86 Kilos in weight!

But, I really do like the clarity it offers..

I can't comment on the service as fortunately, we did not require any servicing so far. But, I would recommend getting a householder's insurance policy on the TV.. (it will add to your perception of being covered!)

Cant beat a good old CRT.
How much did this one set you back ?
Also are there any other 36" monsters from other manufacturers ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigman (Post 345627)
Cant beat a good old CRT.
How much did this one set you back ?
Also are there any other 36" monsters from other manufacturers ?

It was 94K (and surprisingly, the only discount I could wring out of the dealer was a stabilizer and a dinner set.. :( Apparently, the model was just introduced back then and nobody was willing to give a better deal.. )..

Another minor nit: All these new age TVs apparently lack even the most basic of indigenisation features - all TVs manufactured in India include a antenna/cable signal spike protector. (Prevents your TV from toasting incase there is lightning and your TV is supplied with a very high voltage supply via the antenna jack).

I went to SV Road in Bangalore to purchase an external protector (it plugs inline into your cable input for 50 rupees).

Even i am planning to buy 32 LCD but confused with what to go with. I am generally not happy with Samsung and LG as i have used quite a few of their products and they are no great. That only shows about the companies quality levels. Its like if you get a Honda or a Toyota, you can be assured of a trouble free product...

LG and Samsung must be having a huge market share in India but i dont think they have any thing for quality conscious customers...