Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2013, 19:22   #6481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunter View Post

I am infact aware the default glasses have button cells, which I too wont dare "buy" as extra at 4k+. Hence if samsung glasses are compatible and comes at 1k+, that is preferred.

This one is a dampener. Actually Where are the main air vents for this model? Is it at the top? Then, indeed 1cm is too less to be safe :-( If it is sits on pedestal, then I believe bottom gap should be ok. And in my case space at back is ample, as said.

Yes the vents are indeed on the top, there are no vents on the sides. Here is a low res pic of the vents from my ipad camera.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-image137288067.jpg  

Old 14th February 2013, 21:13   #6482
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I got two glasses with my panel. The one in the panel packaging was the one with a cell. This is a standard size and easily available with all watch shops. I have already done one change as the original cell was drained. It is a two minute job untill the socket threads wear out

The other box given separately by the store has the chargeable model. It uses the USB port on the panel. 3D view via both is same. The button cell model comes with two adaptors to adjust for different nose-bridge sizes. The USB one has a fixed bridge size. I however do not like an additional wire hanging from the panel and prefer the one with the cell, guess it is a matter of personal preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I will let Sagar answer if the TV comes with any glasses at all. He has purchased the same TV.
AFAIK the glasses that come with the TV use button cells. You have to replace the cells every 10 movies or so.
Old 15th February 2013, 10:36   #6483
Senior - BHPian

On a slightly different note, the 50ST60 (yes 60) is available for pre-order on Panasonic US website. Ships in March.
Approx. price is Rs. 62000.

http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P50ST60

So, unlike last year, the models this year will come out sooner than expected in the global market. When will India get them is anybody's guess.
Old 15th February 2013, 13:49   #6484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
So, unlike last year, the models this year will come out sooner than expected in the global market. When will India get them is anybody's guess.
When did the models became available last year? With respect to price, I think Indian price will have 30% import duty/tax so again prices will be around 90k only.
Old 15th February 2013, 14:03   #6485
Senior - BHPian

^I think in India people bought 50GT50 starting August.
Old 17th February 2013, 14:28   #6486
Senior - BHPian

Is there anyone with a Panasonic 50GT50 who is facing IR issues?
There is a discussion ongoing on another forum where it seems IR is a bigger problem with GT50 than it is with ST50.
Old 17th February 2013, 19:47   #6487
BHPian

Can anyone tell me the exact customs that I need to pay if I am bringing in rs 37000 worth LED tv?
Old 18th February 2013, 00:21   #6488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_kun View Post
Can anyone tell me the exact customs that I need to pay if I am bringing in rs 37000 worth LED tv?
Don't think you have to pay anything. However depends on size. If it is >40 inches then likely to have to pay 2-3k (guessing based on the price you mentioned). I had paid 1800 for a 32 LCD purchased for 28k from Singapore in 2009 dec
Old 18th February 2013, 00:55   #6489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Don't think you have to pay anything. However depends on size. If it is >40 inches then likely to have to pay 2-3k (guessing based on the price you mentioned). I had paid 1800 for a 32 LCD purchased for 28k from Singapore in 2009 dec
My uncle recently bought a samsung 32" LED from bangkok, but he didn't paid anything.
Old 18th February 2013, 05:59   #6490
BHPian

Well I just got a 40"LED from Ghaffar market in Delhi for 31k, market price being at least 51k. The shopkeeper quoted 19.5k for 32"
Old 18th February 2013, 11:16   #6491
Distinguished - BHPian

Picked up a 46" Samsung ES6200 3D full HD yesterday for my living room. Was pretty keen on a 7- or 8-series but the price wasn't working out (minimum 20K difference) so went with this. Got a blue-ray player tossed in and a couple of 3D titles, which have yet to arrive.

It's pretty pricey (close to six figures) but chose this over the LG 47 LM6410 because of the brand value, better refresh rate and the fact that LG uses some "passive 3D" technology which is different from the mainstream. In all honesty I couldn't tell the difference since the LG 3D was nice as well!

A lot of people advised against getting a 3D TV at all but I went with the heart. Am pretty sure 3D content is going to become pervasive sooner rather than later and am pretty sure I'm not going to change TVs for another 10 years.

Panasonic plasma came highly rated on this thread so checked it out but in the end went with this. Didn't consider Sony since my other TV is a Bravia LED.

No Tata Sky connected yet so will post my impressions later but I played a rock concert DVD on it and it looked pretty good.
Old 18th February 2013, 13:05   #6492
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's pretty pricey (close to six figures) but chose this over the LG 47 LM6410 because of the brand value,

Panasonic plasma came highly rated on this thread so checked it out but in the end went with this.
What was the price? Any cash discount offered or the Blu ray player and DVD titles were the freebies/discount?

What were your impressions regarding Panasonic Plasma to your set?
Old 18th February 2013, 14:03   #6493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
What was the price? Any cash discount offered or the Blu ray player and DVD titles were the freebies/discount?

What were your impressions regarding Panasonic Plasma to your set?
Around 95K plus the Blu ray player/3D titles free. They gave me only 2 sets of glasses free. Should be at least 4 IMO.

Panny plasma was very good: the blacks reproduction is unmatchable. However I have equipped the rest of the home with CFL bulbs, solar heater, etc. so buying a TV that consumes three times the power makes no sense.
Old 18th February 2013, 14:15   #6494
Senior - BHPian

Any one have experience with this Samsung Plasma Model.
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/t...PS51E8000GRLXL
Seems for a Lakh, it comes with almost all current technology and Nice look too.
Whether it's really worthy compare to Pana 50GT50.
Old 18th February 2013, 14:41   #6495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Any one have experience with this Samsung Plasma Model.
http://www.samsung.com/in/consumer/t...PS51E8000GRLXL
Seems for a Lakh, it comes with almost all current technology and Nice look too.
Whether it's really worthy compare to Pana 50GT50.
This one got sold off everywhere by December. It was sold for around 90K with the goodies included. Great pricing for a great TV.

If you still find one, then do not let it slip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks