Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 23:23   #7891
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Iam planning to buy a 32" LED tv and my budget is 20K

Which is the best tv to get in this price range? I don't mind if it doesn't have any smart features as those features wont be used at all.
Check this out Avinash: Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/vu-40d6575...SE8FMZ9AQMEGC6
A 40" VU in your budget after heavy discounts on Flipkart. Valid only on phone app purchase.
Old 16th October 2015, 15:58   #7892
BHPian

Hello,

Pls suggest a LED model 22 inch TV for a small room. Will be using it for regular TV channels only.

Will be using it for watching movies on USB as well - so support of multiple formats preferred.

Good quality and service back up preferred.

May be between LG/Samsung/Panasonic/Philips?

thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 09:46   #7893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KALINGA View Post
Before looking to any pricy brand, check the Videocon and Vise. Vise is the brand of "Vijay Sales".

If this 32" is not your primary TV, then Videocon / Vise are better then Vu and AOC like brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Check this out Avinash: Vu 40D6575 102 cm (40) LED TV http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/vu-40d6575...SE8FMZ9AQMEGC6
A 40" VU in your budget after heavy discounts on Flipkart. Valid only on phone app purchase.
Thank you guys for the inputs

Amansanc, I didn't see this message until just now and coincidentally I happened to buy exactly the same Vu TV (40") but, during the Appliance sale couple of days ago and got it for INR 19, 990/-

Anyone here own or have experience of owning Vu brand? I know its a relatively unknown American brand and just hoping it will turn out to be good experience
Old 18th October 2015, 09:52   #7894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Amansanc, I didn't see this message until just now and coincidentally I happened to buy exactly the same Vu TV (40") but, during the Appliance sale couple of days ago and got it for INR 19, 990/-

Anyone here own or have experience of owning Vu brand? I know its a relatively unknown American brand and just hoping it will turn out to be good experience
My friend is using the same Tv for last 8-9 months without any issues. As per him SD watching is average but HD is really good.
Old 18th October 2015, 09:58   #7895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
My friend is using the same Tv for last 8-9 months without any issues. As per him SD watching is average but HD is really good.
Thanks. Good to know that. It will be used for viewing HD channels sourced from Tata Sky. So I think it should be fine
Old 18th October 2015, 11:28   #7896
BHPian

I have a 55" VU tv. Been almost 2 yrs now. No problems so far (touch wood:-). Would recommend w/o hesitation based on my personal experience. BTW... irrespective of the brand do try to get a 3 yr comprehensive replacement warranty..! I know of 4 Sony's whose HDMI panel conked off the moment the usual warranty of 1 yr expired.... as if designed to fail..!
Old 18th October 2015, 17:07   #7897
BHPian

Quote:

Haha nice coincidence. When I posted, it was available for Rs. 18.5k after some cashback offer.

VU is owned by Zenith now and is an Indian brand. Friends who have been using it since years have only good things to say about it.
Old 19th October 2015, 15:16   #7898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathya_j2084 View Post
Hello,

Pls suggest a LED model 22 inch TV for a small room. Will be using it for regular TV channels only.

Will be using it for watching movies on USB as well - so support of multiple formats preferred.

Good quality and service back up preferred.

May be between LG/Samsung/Panasonic/Philips?

thanks
Hello,

Is it advisable to purchase via online (Flipkart/Snapdeal) because the price difference between show room & online is almost 1500-2000.

Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 16:21   #7899
BHPian

Spoke with a senior marketing person at VU re their 40" led. He mentioned something interesting - it seems Flipkart is selling below their own cost price. A 1000 cr plus brand building+embedding exercise. Instead of advertising only a mix of low prices to create actual sales on the website, sort of habit creation.
Re - warranty VU confirmed backup. For other brands best to hv a word w/their rep. Better still send a mail and hv the response in writing. If they refuse post it on Twitter and share with Flipkart... ***.?!
Old 21st October 2015, 12:43   #7900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone in this forum have any idea when MiTV 2 is plaaned to be launched by Xiaomi in India? From the specs it looks impressive and from the prices, it is a STEAL

Imagine full HD 40 inch smart TV having 1.5 GB of RAM and 8 GB of ROM (expandable to 64 GB) running android 4.4 out of the box! at 19K
I found couple of ebay but priced exhorbitantly. Any idea when MI TV would be launched in India ? Seems like a good bargain.

Also, what's the feedback about 4k LED from Micromax and Vu ?
Old 21st October 2015, 14:41   #7901
BHPian

Has anyone bought Sony KD-X8500C TV recently? Please update about the performance and cons. Any size 43/49/55. I guess, the features are all same except for the 3D in 55 inch Model.
Old 21st October 2015, 17:18   #7902
Senior - BHPian

Just bought a Panasonic TH-50CS610A 50 inch LED LCD Smart Tv and the panel quality is great. I have never seen colors so vivid on an LCD screen before. It may be netflix 1080p streaming but even the 480p upscaling is really good.
Old 21st October 2015, 22:03   #7903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
Spoke with a senior marketing person at VU re their 40" led. He mentioned something interesting - it seems Flipkart is selling below their own cost price. A 1000 cr plus brand building+embedding exercise. Instead of advertising only a mix of low prices to create actual sales on the website, sort of habit creation.
Re - warranty VU confirmed backup. For other brands best to hv a word w/their rep. Better still send a mail and hv the response in writing. If they refuse post it on Twitter and share with Flipkart... ***.?!
I'd earlier posted about Sony 4K Model and till now there are no comments. I found the latest Sony Models too hot and Overheating. The Call centre guys give a lame reason that the Showroom guys run it continuously for 8-10 hours. But, When I asked why other Brands don't heat up, they don't have a answer.

I did shoot an email to Sony India. I received a call the very next day convincing about the heating issues. But they're refusing to give it in writing. I asked them to reply over email, for which they've refused.

Has anyone come across the heating issues with the Latest Sony Android TV's?
Old 21st October 2015, 22:08   #7904
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I'd earlier posted about Sony 4K Model and till now there are no comments. I found the latest Sony Models too hot and Overheating. The Call centre guys give a lame reason that the Showroom guys run it continuously for 8-10 hours. But, When I asked why other Brands don't heat up, they don't have a answer.
Yes , they have some issues on 2015 models , not just the heating but Android O/s hangs while updating on its own when connected to wifi .I hope you have not purchased this , if you have then better buy extended warranty - have look at some of new Panasonic models both in 4 K as well HD - very competitively priced , colours & black levels in Panasonic are simply unmatched .
Old 21st October 2015, 22:12   #7905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
Uhd or 4k - no chance of it becoming mainstream telecast mode for another 3-5 yrs.
To dl a movie (if & whn they become available) you would require storage of 50+ gb per movie (read 100 gb).
To stream from Netflix like site you would require a broadband speed of 25Mbps (min).
Gamers will be the subgroup that will adopt this mode first and even that is 3 yrs away. So unless you are into gaming... think again and even if you are then also think again.
My suggestion would to refrain from paying any premium for 4k and instead invest that money into a Dolby Atmos surround sound system.
Thanks for your inputs. Good reasoning. You're right about Data Speeds & Storage in your earlier posts. I've been using Airtel 4G for more than 2 years now. It's not consistent..

Now about Data Storage - Prices are almost same for the last 4 years. Prices of RAM & other electronic prices have come down, but not Data Storage ( 1tb to 3tb).

ISP's like ACT & others are very limited and they hardly cover 10% of Bangalore City. And even If you get the bandwidth, where's the Storage capacity? Cloud Services are very expensive as of now.

Cell Phone Manufacturers are giving 4K recording option without Storage. 1 min. of 4K recording needs approx. 300 mb of Storage. So, you can hardly shoot half an hour of 4K content on your 16gb Phones (Usable 10gb).

Most Viewed