Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2016, 22:49   #8221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Offline stores or Online?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
If the difference is just couple of grands, I would prefer offline.
I would say online, only for their decent warranty and replacement/return policies. If you have an issue in the first 2-3 weeks it is easier to get it sorted out with an online store than a B&M. My opinion and experience and am sure some folks may find it easier the other way round. I had to do the rounds when a fridge I ordered B&M, was delivered faulty and had to go and talk to the owner multiple times, not to mention the waiting for a replacement.
Old 10th October 2016, 00:32   #8222
Senior - BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

So finally zeroed in for this model https://www.flipkart.com/sony-101-6c...SEH8VZGGHHGYCQ

Sony it is finally - Bravia 40" KVL562D Series.

Got it for 47K from offline store - Mittal Electronics, Pitampura, Delhi.

Initial quoted price was 52k but after a bit bargain and discounts the price dropped to 47k. Also a 10000mah sony power bank came as free gift.

Product is delievered today with installation pending for tomorrow. Already got the call of Sony personnel who was willing to come tonight only but I told him to come tomorrow evening.

This TV has all the features I was looking for - Smart TV facility, Built in woofer, power surge protector, 2016 introduced model.

I will share my detailed feedback once I start using it after the installation.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-imag0539.jpg  

Old 12th October 2016, 09:39   #8223
BHPian

Confused on which TV to buy. Can someone help me ?

I saw some good deals on the Hyundai and TCL UHD TVs on Amazon. Both come for less than 50k Rupees and are 50 inch UHD. I am looking for a cheap but good option this time. (Max expected life is 3 years)

Reviews for the TCL TV is mixed, is it worth a buy ?

TCL TV

Hyundai TV
Old 12th October 2016, 10:45   #8224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunishsamuel View Post
I am looking for a cheap but good option this time. (Max expected life is 3 years)
One thing that you can consider is this :
  1. Brand with pretty good service
  2. 3 Year extended warranty from brand
  3. Full HD instead of UHD (to bring down the cost)
Overall this should come close to 50k. Close to price of TCL / Hundai but guaranteed to work for 3 years.

I would recommend LG primarily due to good service and warranty support.
Old 14th October 2016, 14:08   #8225
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Few days back bought a Panasonic 60 inch LED FHD TV.
I was looking for a no nonsense FHD TV at an attractive price and at last my search ends on PANA LED.
THe model is TH-60C300DX for 79,500/- with 1+2 year extended warranty.
I believe its the best I could have bought with this price tag and warranty.
The picture quality is superb and even SD channels look neat.
The only downsize is little dark in night scenes as it runs on 60HZ panel and sound output, rest is absolutely fine.
I am comparing this with my Panasonic 42 inch Plasma smart tv which can beat any LED TV in full daylight.
Hope it helps other to find the best tv for them!
Old 14th October 2016, 15:04   #8226
Senior - BHPian

Even I'm happy we retained our Pana 42 Plasma. Though the other bedroom has the 50 inch LED.

Its simply miles ahead. But, the power consumption is on the higher side so the UPS is not supporting it. Confused whether to let go or let things be.

Quote:
I am comparing this with my Panasonic 42 inch Plasma smart tv which can beat any LED TV in full daylight. Hope it helps other to find the best tv for them!

Last edited by Eddy : 14th October 2016 at 15:06. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 15th October 2016, 01:51   #8227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Sony it is finally - Bravia 40" KVL562D Series.Got it for 47K.
a similar model is a shade over 39k after cashback today on paytm.
Old 16th October 2016, 02:53   #8228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Sound quality is average. I have connected it to a 5.1 speaker system as mentioned earlier. I am not aware of the vital stats of the TV. The pictures below may help.

Here you go.
Hi Guys,

I bought the same 49 inches TV. Received it on 7th. However I didn't open the package and opened it yesterday. And I am very dissatisfied with the quality. When I am trying to play movies from my WD external HD the video is grainy. This is for the HD content. For non HD movies I think I wouldn't be able to watch them on this TV. Unfortunately when I tried to return on the App it says this item is not eligible for return. My Question to you all and specially to tharian is if it is normal for TV of this size or it is with Sanyo only or I have got a faulty Piece. tharian, do you find picture quality to be grainy ?

I also have a micromax 40 inches and I am very happy with the picture quality. The difference when I play the same content in both the TVs is quite noticeable. Wanted to know what are my options here. Shall I try to replace the TV or shall I try to return it. I see lot of good reviews for VU. Very confused and feeling pathetic for this purchase. Need you guys to rescue me from this situation.
Old 16th October 2016, 12:33   #8229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
And I am very dissatisfied with the quality.
If you are in your return window, just return it. It could be a settings thing but I wouldn't want to be stuck with a purchase that I am unhappy with...
Old 16th October 2016, 22:23   #8230
BHPian

I am in the process of buying a new TV as my current Samsung 40 inch developed the dreaded horizontal lines a few months back .
So went and checked on LG today. The 49LH600T model (around Rs. 65k) is what caught my eye as i don't need a 4K tv and this has the "famed" web os 3.0. But today while browsing online came across a video on You Tube by a fellow Indian in which he's shown how badly the tv lags when trying to change settings. Now I am in a quandary again as i don't want another bad experience. So gentlemen in the know please help with what is a good buy in the 49~50 inch segment with a max price point till about max 80k.
Old 17th October 2016, 08:46   #8231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
Hi Guys,

My Question to you all and specially to tharian is if it is normal for TV of this size or it is with Sanyo only or I have got a faulty Piece. tharian, do you find picture quality to be grainy ?
I didn't experience this when I connected the Hard Drive directly to the TV.
Also, play with the settings and check if you have chosen the right setting for the external HD.
I used the external HD the first day only and I remember it was fine except it took a while to load.

If you are not happy, may as well return it .
Old 17th October 2016, 09:07   #8232
Senior - BHPian

The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I am in the process of buying a new TV as my current Samsung 40 inch developed the dreaded horizontal lines a few months back .

So went and checked on LG today. The 49LH600T model (around Rs. 65k) is what caught my eye as i don't need a 4K tv and this has the "famed" web os 3.0. But today while browsing online came across a video on You Tube by a fellow Indian in which he's shown how badly the tv lags when trying to change settings. Now I am in a quandary again as i don't want another bad experience. So gentlemen in the know please help with what is a good buy in the 49~50 inch segment with a max price point till about max 80k.

I have an older 49 by LG. It does have webos. Mine is a 49LH750T smart full HD. I am extremely happy with the clarity and colours. More importantly the blacks are black and not varying shades of black. The sound is just above average and that suits me. If you are the type who's requirement is great sound, get yourself a sound bar.

As regards to settings don't be worried about the lag. It's only the first 2 days that you will be using the settings. Once you arrive at your required settings you will not go back to it. Go ahead and buy. Search around the web. Amazon and the likes are all at sale now.You will not get the perfect TV just like you won't get that perfect car. There will have to be a few compromises.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 17th October 2016 at 09:13.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:20   #8233
Senior - BHPian

People,

Does it make any sense to purchase a 4K television in the US? I am asking this for a friend - some great deals in BestBuy and with Thanksgiving sales coming up, he is looking to invest in a good model. Personally, I don't see much content available yet - here anyway.

Any ideas? People living in the US?
Old 17th October 2016, 14:41   #8234
BHPian

@naveenroy :

US cablenetworks & set top boxes follow different systems from here, you would have to buy a proper multi-system HDTV that is capable of handling the format we have here. Else you have to put in a converter box in between which can affect picture quality.

Yes, a 55" or 65" 4K TV is much cheaper there, but the model has to be carefully selected based on what would work here.agree. I have not done a study, so unable to advise.
Old 17th October 2016, 15:21   #8235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Does it make any sense to purchase a 4K television in the US?
Prices are mouth watering, but how do you plan to get it shipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
@naveenroy :

US cablenetworks & set top boxes follow different systems from here, you would have to buy a proper multi-system HDTV that is capable of handling the format we have here. Else you have to put in a converter box in between which can affect picture quality.
One is the voltage 110V vs 220V, another is NTSC, PAL. I guess all TVs support both these formats, isn't it? Apart from these, anything else to be considered?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks