Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2019, 16:04   #9136
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithaca View Post
Awesome, brother. Please update regarding Hotstar when you receive the TV.
I have a Sony Android TV so do not have any problem with the streaming apps.
Want to buy a Samsung next and if Hotstar works for you, will keep Samsung as a consideration.
What warranty have they offered you - one year manufacturer and additional you can buy 2 years or 3 years.
Apologies for the delayed update.
Bought the TV from Unilet as they offered the best price. Lower than other stores and even online @ 41,190. With an additional 5% cashback offer on credit card, the total came to ~39,200!
Plus they are offering 3 years warranty on all 4K Samsung TVs. TV was delivered on 3rd Oct, and it is a fresh piece manufactured in August.
YouTube, Netflix, Primevideo, Apple TV and other streaming apps were pre-installed. Downloaded Hotstar and Spotify. All work flawlessly.
Boot up and shut down both take less than 3 seconds.
Upscaling of SD channels on Tatasky is very good, HD channels look amazing. And obviously 4k content looks fabulous. So it was a great upgrade.
Old 5th October 2019, 16:58   #9137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbaz906 View Post
Bought the TV from Unilet as they offered the best price.
YouTube, Netflix, Primevideo, Apple TV and other streaming apps were pre-installed. Downloaded Hotstar and Spotify. All work flawlessly.
Boot up and shut down both take less than 3 seconds.
Thank you for the update.
Great to know all streaming services are working on the TV.
What warranty was offered by Samsung - 1 yr or more. And will you also be going for Samsung Extended warranty.
You mentioned that Unilet is offering 3 years warranty for Samsung 4K TV.

Enjoy the TV and all the best.
Old 11th October 2019, 11:08   #9138
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Recently I purchased JBL Bar 5.1 Wireless soundbar. I have connected my Panasonic LED tv 58 inch with 'HDMI Sound Out' port (ARC i believe) to HDMI ARC of JBL speaker but surprisingly no sound is coming!
I dont have an option in the TV menu to activate ARC on HDMI as it has only SPDIF - Auto or PCM mode in menu section
Can anyone help me in this regard?
PS: Able to connect through Auxiliary cable and bluetooth.
Old 14th October 2019, 13:58   #9139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Samsung UA43N5010ARXXL is priced at 28k, get 2k instant discount on sbi, 12 months or maybe 9 months free EMI. The fire tv stick has to be added to cart and checked out together. Final price with EMI was 26k, but if. You take into consideration EMI interest waiver it worked out to ~24. 5k.
Got free one year extended warranty.
Any reviews on this TV? Howz the picture and sound quality?
Old 14th October 2019, 14:09   #9140
BHPian

Well I finally went ahead and bought Panasonic 43GX500D from the nearby Reliance store. It is a 43 inch 4K smart tv with linux os. The delivery and installation went well with all people arriving at mentioned time and doing their jobs correctly.

The tv is good with all features working as expected. Tag price was 39999 and I got it for 35999 (2k store discount plus 2k cashback on credit card). Reliance service while shopping was good.
Old 15th October 2019, 09:20   #9141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Any reviews on this TV? Howz the picture and sound quality?
My brother purchased it and I helped wall mount it. The things I found could be better is lack of optical out, his HT is a bit dated and supports optical and coax as audio in. So audio was slightly a downgrade for him. When the TV is flush mounted, the audio cable at the back needs to be a 90° bend else the wall will push on the cable. Initial impressions of video seems fine. None of us has a very keen eye for such detail as blacks etc. Audio was impressive without the HT setup as well. I think it is a good deal.
Old 15th October 2019, 11:53   #9142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddriver View Post
Hi Guys!

Recently I purchased JBL Bar 5.1 Wireless soundbar. I have connected my Panasonic LED tv 58 inch with 'HDMI Sound Out' port (ARC i believe) to HDMI ARC of JBL speaker but surprisingly no sound is coming!
I dont have an option in the TV menu to activate ARC on HDMI as it has only SPDIF - Auto or PCM mode in menu section
Can anyone help me in this regard?
PS: Able to connect through Auxiliary cable and bluetooth.
Hope this helps. It is for a Sony TV though but the steps should be identical.

https://helpguide.sony.net/ha/strdh7...000242753.html

Does your sound bar and Tv have an Optical port.
Would advise you to also buy an optical cable for sound in case the above hack does not work.
Old 16th October 2019, 06:17   #9143
Distinguished - BHPian

I’m looking to get a new QLED 55inch and 65inch TV. Have always found Samsung to be the best. However the new One Plus TV has caught my eye, is it better than the equivalent Samsung TV?
Old 16th October 2019, 09:52   #9144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I’m looking to get a new QLED 55inch and 65inch TV. Have always found Samsung to be the best. However the new One Plus TV has caught my eye, is it better than the equivalent Samsung TV?
Last week we finally evaluated all the 55" 4K TV's and finally homed on to LG 55SM8100 model.

The TV is android and has all the goodies built in - Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube etc. The sound is good enough for our bedroom.

The TV is priced at 71K in the shops. After haggling a bit we got it at around 64K on a 6 month EMI scheme. This includes cashback 6K and return of Interest on EMI. Even though the interest is returned, we have to pay 550 as GST.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-psc_8230.jpg
The package with delivery boy

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-psc_8256.jpg
Rear Panel

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-psc_8273.jpg
Wall mount

The TV can be pulled out about 15cm on the wall mount and rotated Up/Down Left/Right a bit.
Old 16th October 2019, 22:59   #9145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Hi, hope you are aware of hifivision.com in which you can check out the TV forum.

https://www.hifivision.com/forums/television.13/

As per most of the real reviews (done by professionals and not youtubers), OneplusTV is not good in terms of picture quality and is good only for connected features, design etc.

That forum says that current cheapest option for best picture quality is LGC9 OLED and SONY has some super expensive better models.

Amongst QLEDs, Frame TV by Samsung is not as good as their high end series like Q70, but Frame TV is better than OnelusTV.
Old 17th October 2019, 23:22   #9146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi, hope you are aware of hifivision.com in which you can check out the TV forum.

https://www.hifivision.com/forums/television.13/

As per most of the real reviews (done by professionals and not Youtubers), OneplusTV is not good in terms of picture quality and is good only for connected features, design etc.

That forum says that current cheapest option for best picture quality is LGC9 OLED and SONY has some super expensive better models.

Amongst QLEDs, Frame TV by Samsung is not as good as their high end series like Q70, but Frame TV is better than OnelusTV.
Agree with that.
I've recently owned LG C8 OLED TV with some good discount and enjoying the streaming services like netflix/primevideo, mostly for the movies and documentaries content. LG OLED is the best value for money option in the market if your purpose is the best quality of display for movies. It just complements the decently setup home theater system I have.
Panasonic could have been the best option since it's color reproducing abilities are better than LG and Sony, but unfortunately they're either struggling in Indian market or not interested. Sony's OLED are slightly better but only in fewer parameters than LG, dont think the premium they are asking for it is worth and there are many other parameters where LG OLEDs are better.
Old 21st October 2019, 10:50   #9147
Senior - BHPian

Sony provides a wafer thin wall bracket in the USA. This even tilts right or left, and is held in place with strong magnets (Shielded, of course). There is just a mm gap, and TV looks really great. So the Sony guys who had come to install took some time to study it before installing. Attaching few pics of the same.
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_4315.jpg  

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_4317.jpg  

Old 21st October 2019, 11:18   #9148
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Sony provides a wafer thin wall bracket in the USA. This even tilts right or left, and is held in place with strong magnets (Shielded, of course). There is just a mm gap, and TV looks really great. So the Sony guys who had come to install took some time to study it before installing. Attaching few pics of the same.

My LG Wall Brackets from 5 years back looks the same. Don't know about the magnets though. But it's thin & can be moved around.
Old 23rd October 2019, 08:04   #9149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Bought a TCL 65 inch QLED TV Android certified TV recently. Extremely happy with the purchase. It comes with Harmon Kardon Speakers built in. 3 years standard warranty as a part of the package. It is a total VFM product. Got a very good pricing deal on the product.
[]
How is it holding out so far?
I'm planning to get a similar one of tcl from amazon.
Old 23rd October 2019, 11:55   #9150
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
How is it holding out so far?
I'm planning to get a similar one of tcl from amazon.
So far so good. No complaints whatsoever. The UI is pretty quick and bloatware free. Just that I would have liked the blacks to be a little more deep. But again for the price its an absolute bargain.

I would suggest you to get it from a a TCL store. You get 3 years of warranty coverage + good pricing deals. Please do not get carried away by the deep discounts offered by the online sites. Most of it is just window dressing!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks