Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2020, 23:33   #9691
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Hello everyone, what is the general consensus here about Iffalcon K31 series? For my budget, it seems to be a good option. Any other products in similar price range and specs that I should look into?
Old 14th November 2020, 13:56   #9692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hello, how is the TV? I'm in the market for either this one or the Cinema 4K TV.

The one you purchased is retailing at 37K and currently out of stock. Shocked by the prices.
Old 15th November 2020, 10:27   #9693
Senior - BHPian

my 4.5 year old Samsung LED TV seems to have given up.
Since a couple of weeks, the screen was kind of flickering and then it automatically switched off. It was happening intermittently and seemed to work fine after switched off for some time. But, since yday it went off and now it doesn't power up.
I mean when you switch on the TV, it powers on for a few seconds and I can see the backlight but then it automatically powers off. Any idea on what could be the problem?
Since the TV is not that old and it had good specs for that time (true 120 Hz panel, Smart apps like Netflix, Prime video etc), I would like to get it repaired if possible. Another issue is that the TV is an imported unit. So, not sure if Samsung authorized service center will help. Thinking about contacting urbanclap, any ideas about their quality of service?
Old 15th November 2020, 10:51   #9694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
my 4.5 year old Samsung LED TV seems to have given up.
Since a couple of weeks, the screen was kind of flickering and then it automatically switched off. It was happening intermittently and seemed to work fine after switched off for some time. But, since yday it went off and now it doesn't power up.
I mean when you switch on the TV, it powers on for a few seconds and I can see the backlight but then it automatically powers off. Any idea on what could be the problem?
Since the TV is not that old and it had good specs for that time (true 120 Hz panel, Smart apps like Netflix, Prime video etc), I would like to get it repaired if possible. Another issue is that the TV is an imported unit. So, not sure if Samsung authorized service center will help. Thinking about contacting urbanclap, any ideas about their quality of service?
Do contact Samsung first always. Get their feedback. Then approach urban clap. Figure out the difference in opinion if any and their approach. Urban clap guys will always be far more confident in fixing things but might vanish if things don't work out well after a month.

I had a tv problem as well and met with three different technicians including Sony. I finally decided to scrap the TV and it was a good call. Urban clap wanted to have it fixed, Sony said no.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:44   #9695
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
Hello, how is the TV? I'm in the market for either this one or the Cinema 4K TV.
Here are my comments from the Frugal & Budget TVs thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I got myself a VU 55 inch Android TV on Diwali 2019 for ~35k. It's doing its duty well, although our usage is not much. Similar configs in LG / Samsung were 70-75k and Sony was 90k+.

The major drawbacks are poor sound quality and a pronounced soap opera effect. While you can improve the SQ using a soundbar, you will have to live with the latter.

PS: Any tips on reducing this soap opera effect are welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManasN95 View Post
The one you purchased is retailing at 37K and currently out of stock. .
Vu is out of stock because of the following reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Government had imposed some restrictions on the import of TVs.

https://www.techradar.com/in/news/in...-thats-not-all

VU basically sells HiSense TVs, a Chinese TV brand that happens to be the World's third largest TV seller after Samsung and TCL. This is the reason why their flagship TVs are out of stock.

Last edited by Eddy : 15th November 2020 at 11:45.
Old 15th November 2020, 20:54   #9696
BHPian

My 8 years old LG 3D LED 43" TV started showing one horizontal line on the display. Never faced any other problem throughout this long period. However, last few months the itch for 4K TV is hovering in mind and this minor(?) display problem elevated the need for change .

Did a lot of homework on the internet about various 4K TV options and all lead me to the great confusions. I feel this is the right place to get honest opinions from the actual users.

My primary requirements are,
  • Excellent 55" display to watch HD+ movies, videos or content
  • I've AirTel 4K xTreame box and I subscribed only HD channels.
  • Having Netflix HD pack, Amazon Prime and Hotstar Premium
  • HDR10, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision (if available in the budget)
  • I don't use it for any gaming
  • Sound quality not a big deal as I do have a proper 5.1 HT Setup with AVR.
  • OS not an issue as I've AirTel Andriod Box already.
  • Budget is around 80K
  • Die hard movie freak, So Picture quality is my primary need.
I've visited few showrooms to get more ideas about them and below are the results,
  • Samsung TU8570
    • Costs around 65K with 3 years warranty
    • Dual Led, IDTV and HDR+ are tempting
    • However, No Dolby Vision which leaves me disappointed
    • Heard some light bleeding issues on the net.
  • LG Nanocell
    • As mentioned all over the net, the display looks very dull. So ruled out
  • Sony X90H and X95G
    • My most preferred choice is X95G due to an excellent display provided by X1 Ultimate Processor, however, the availability is a major concern followed by the price (around 1.05 lacs) after discount. X90H costs around 100K as a final price. It provides me the much required Dolby Vision.
  • LG CX OLED
    • During my visit to Croma to check Sony X90G, I was offered the LG CX OLED at 1.23 lacs as a final price. Though the offer really tempting, my mind is asking me to stay away from OLEDs at this point and more than my budget.
Few questions are in my mind,

I don't see any full review about TU8570 Model, Is this a good model? It lacks Dolby Vision, Is it really matters? How good is this compared to Sony 8000H and 75H series?

Any other LG 4K UHD TVs under 100K supports Dolby Vision?

One last and key question, Will the 5.1 channel input passed to the AVR from the TV, So that I can get 5.1 Ch output in my home theater.
Is this will be done via eARC or the Optical cable. In this case, I can get rid of the setup box and I can live only with OTT.

Request you to share your suggestions as I'm totally confused.
Jebs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 00:15   #9697
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
The Samsung Frame fits perfectly in your budget, you don't need to look any further.

Also, the LG UM7290 is available in 65 inches in your budget. Give that a thought if viewing distance from the TV is ample enough. Size does matter.

Last edited by Oxy : 16th November 2020 at 00:17.
Old 16th November 2020, 13:17   #9698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The Samsung Frame fits perfectly in your budget, you don't need to look any further.

Also, the LG UM7290 is available in 65 inches in your budget. Give that a thought if viewing distance from the TV is ample enough. Size does matter.
Thanks a lot. Looks like Frame is not available in 55 inches from 2020 onwards. Is the 2019 model is good? Showroom guy suggested me to take Q60 instead.

Oh okay, I'm looking for 2020 model and 55 inches would suffice. This looks less futuristic to me (correct me if I'm wrong).
Old 16th November 2020, 13:45   #9699
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. Looks like Frame is not available in 55 inches from 2020 onwards. Is the 2019 model is good? Showroom guy suggested me to take Q60 instead.
The Frame 2020 is very much available.

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-fra...m699b9564b5ef6

This offers a lot for your money in my opinion. However, if supreme picture quality and Dolby Vision are very important to you then the Sony X9500G is your best bet.

Last edited by Oxy : 16th November 2020 at 13:56.
Oxy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 14:27   #9700
BHPian

Quote:

Oh okay, I'm looking for 2020 model and 55 inches would suffice. This looks less futuristic to me (correct me if I'm wrong).
If you asked a showroom salesman about the Frame then he would suggest any other option. The frame is an online only model and it's 2020 version is considered far superior to the 2019 one.

I did order the 55" Frame from Flipkart for 77k during the recent BBD sale (inclusive of all the discounts on cards etc.). I eventually cancelled it because I wanted an extended warranty to take care of potential One Connect box issues (check Samsung European community forums) and samsung charges OLED prices for its QLED tv warranty packages.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 15:09   #9701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
The Frame 2020 is very much available.

https://www.flipkart.com/samsung-fra...m699b9564b5ef6

This offers a lot for your money in my opinion. However, if supreme picture quality and Dolby Vision are very important to you then the Sony X9500G is your best bet.
Thanks really a lot for the suggestion. I'm also very much interested (almost finalized before checking the price) on X9500G model, but it's costs nearly 1.05lacs after all discounts. Tried almost all showrooms around OMR, Chennai.
Old 16th November 2020, 15:11   #9702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
If you asked a showroom salesman about the Frame then he would suggest any other option. The frame is an online only model and it's 2020 version is considered far superior to the 2019 one.

I did order the 55" Frame from Flipkart for 77k during the recent BBD sale (inclusive of all the discounts on cards etc.). I eventually cancelled it because I wanted an extended warranty to take care of potential One Connect box issues (check Samsung European community forums) and samsung charges OLED prices for its QLED tv warranty packages.
Wow, that's a great price. However, I prefer buying from the showrooms for better support/logistics handling. The one connect box issues are news to me, let me read them before proceeding further. thanks again.
Old 16th November 2020, 16:08   #9703
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks really a lot for the suggestion. I'm also very much interested (almost finalized before checking the price) on X9500G model, but it's costs nearly 1.05lacs after all discounts. Tried almost all showrooms around OMR, Chennai.
Bought a 55-X9500G recently (Oct/2020) in Hyd for 98k, it was manufactuered in Aug/2020. Given that you are not keen on gaming, X9500G is your best bet if the budget is ~1L. That (1.05L) is the minimum invoice price, but you can try Bajaj Electronics near your place.
Old 16th November 2020, 18:56   #9704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs;4931738[*
Sony X90H and X95G
  • My most preferred choice is X95G due to an excellent display provided by X1 Ultimate Processor, however, the availability is a major concern followed by the price (around 1.05 lacs) after discount. X90H costs around 100K as a final price. It provides me the much required Dolby Vision.
I was in the same boat as my Panasonic Vierra 2012 39inch tvs HDMI port has conked off and the outdated chipsets were not available. Did lots of research on whether to buy X90H OR X95G for 2 months, made several visits to different stores around Bangalore. Realised that to an untrained eye both TVs are excellent and very little to choose in terms of picture quality for daily viewing. Although X95G was slightly ahead in terms of picture quality and the added tweakers ( for 55inch model), I went ahead and picked up X90H because of three reasons - 1} Future proof in terms of 2.1 HDMI via future updates with compatibility to PS5 etc, I know you aren't big on gaming neither am I but why to keep myself loose that option, you never know in life when your choices require a relook. 2 ) It was the latest model and was getting a good deal at 98k. To be honest I haven't regretted my decision of not picking the X95G and trust that you won't either. In terms of electronics I always suggest to pick the latest items as the technology keeps updating itself at a very rapid pace. 3 ) Non availability of X95H in 55inch model
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2020, 20:16   #9705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
I was in the same boat as my Panasonic Vierra 2012 39inch tvs HDMI port has conked off and the outdated chipsets were not available. Did lots of research on whether to buy X90H OR X95G for 2 months, made several visits to different stores around Bangalore. Realised that to an untrained eye both TVs are excellent and very little to choose in terms of picture quality for daily viewing. Although X95G was slightly ahead in terms of picture quality and the added tweakers ( for 55inch model), I went ahead and picked up X90H because of three reasons - 1} Future proof in terms of 2.1 HDMI via future updates with compatibility to PS5 etc, I know you aren't big on gaming neither am I but why to keep myself loose that option, you never know in life when your choices require a relook. 2 ) It was the latest model and was getting a good deal at 98k. To be honest I haven't regretted my decision of not picking the X95G and trust that you won't either. In terms of electronics I always suggest to pick the latest items as the technology keeps updating itself at a very rapid pace. 3 ) Non availability of X95H in 55inch model
Thanks a lot. I too got a nice offer today for X90H. Only we lose the X1 Ultimate processor which is being used in Sony OLED TVs. Thanks again!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks