Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 20th September 2021, 16:55   #9991
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Guys

Looking to buy a 60 or 65inch TV for our living room. We use Jiofiber at home, so mostly YouTube, Netflix, Amazon prime etc and some news channels as well for the parents. I’m totally clueless as to which TVs are good of late; I will vehemently not buy Chinese branded TV’s (I know everything is made in China etc). We have traditionally had Sony TVs which have been alright. How much should this size TV cost? Must be android, not any proprietary OS. Currently facing trouble with existing 55” Sony Tv bought in 2015 which had its own playstore eqvt which got shutdown. So there’s only YouTube and Netflix on it. We are ok with spending about 1-1.25L for it, leased the better. Like to keep TVs for long duration, about 8-10yrs atleast.

Cheers
Old 20th September 2021, 19:07   #9992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
But look at this ... <Tewtross-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Wireless>

If the Sony TV has an audio out jack, you should be able to hook this up.

Quote:
So finally got the tv installed over the weekend ....
On the cons, found one major downer till now - Even though TV has bluetooth connectivity, it is by default limited to remotes and keyboards. No out of the box support for connecting headphones/earphones.
I think this is the same issue Condor was highlighting as well in his posts. I did not read the feature description in detail before ordering on Amazon and would now need a hack for it
Quote:
By BT adapter, did you mean something like what I quoted above Condor? Life comes a full circle, isn't it
So this is how it went:
- Condor was looking at a Sony TV to purchase but was not happy with lack of BT audio support
- I suggested him a BT transmitter to cover for this gap and go ahead with Sony
- In the meanwhile, I bought a Sony TV and did not realize that it lacked BT audio support as well. So I ended up with the same problem I was trying to fix for Condor
- It was Condor’s turn to suggest I should look at a BT transmitter to fill the gap
- I finally bought that BT transmitter to enable my TV for wireless audio

Sharing review after using it over a weekend. The device is slick. It takes some time to understand how to pair your devices effortlessly. But once you learn, this is a life saver. I have paired my Oneplus buds and the sound quality is as good as I need. Wifey typically has a problem with the sound levels I set on TV so both of us are a happily married.

Also this has been second device I used in over last one year for bluetooth pairing support. The first was Tantra Fluke for my car and second one is this one <Tewtross> for my TV. Makes life so much easier.

Last edited by warrioraks : 20th September 2021 at 19:19.
warrioraks is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 19:43   #9993
BHPian

Does anyone have any experience with the Samsung Business TV's?
A relative of mine was sold the business tv stating its the same at the normal tv and will have all the apps which can be downloaded/used.
Now after the installation they are saying that you need to use fire stick in order to view all the apps and you cannot install any other app other than the ones pre-installed in it, which is youtube and some other apps to help create/show slides.
Old 21st September 2021, 13:37   #9994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Looking to buy a 60 or 65inch TV for our living room. We use Jiofiber at home, so mostly YouTube, Netflix, Amazon prime etc and some news channels as well for the parents. Iím totally clueless as to which TVs are good of late; I will vehemently not buy Chinese branded TVís (I know everything is made in China etc). Must be android, not any proprietary OS...
Check out the VU Cinema TV Action Series (65"). Fits your requirements perfectly and is a sturdy product. Price keeps varying with offers, but you'll get it in the 65k-70k range. The only downside is that VU still offers Android 9; doesn't make much of a difference in daily use, but still.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 20:02   #9995
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Check out the VU Cinema TV Action Series (65"). Fits your requirements perfectly and is a sturdy product. Price keeps varying with offers, but you'll get it in the 65k-70k range. The only downside is that VU still offers Android 9; doesn't make much of a difference in daily use, but still.
Thanks for your response.
Is VU a reliable brand? I'm not looking to cheapskate, don't like to run for repairs etc on white goods. They should work as expected like clock work, hence typically end up buying Sony or the likes. Any TV within Sony/LG/Samsung range?

Cheers
Old 21st September 2021, 22:18   #9996
AYP
BHPian

Quote:
Is VU a reliable brand? I'm not looking to cheapskate, don't like to run for repairs etc on white goods. They should work as expected like clock work, hence typically end up buying Sony or the likes. Any TV within Sony/LG/Samsung range?

Cheers
Since you have a budget of 1.25L, I really appreciate your stance of not 'settling' for lesser brands. In fact with this type of budget, I'd say that you should go only for Sony. The 2021 X80AJ would be my choice-

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-in...rpt=TELEVISION

However, if you are willing to extend your budget a bit, I'd suggest the X9000H. It has full array local dimming and will give you a 'true' Sony experience. The 80 series while is not as budget oriented as the 70 series, is still a notch below their standard/premium range.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-Ce...rpt=TELEVISION

If you'd like to save more, you can get a Samsung or an LG for 80-90k. You may find LGs and Samsung for 100-110k as well but the benefits will be only incremental over the lesser priced models.
Old 22nd September 2021, 11:30   #9997
BHPian

Quote:
Have been using various models of VU for over 6 years now and never once has there been any bad experience. Ofcourse as I had mentioned in a post earlier on this thread, one cannot compare a VU to the big-ticket brands, but it does the job wonderfully, without any hassles and delivers a fine experience as well.

I would suggest Samsung over LG. No experience with Sony, but if your budget permits, you can opt for it anyway.

Samsung UA65TUE60AKXXL 65" is available with offers in the 85-90k range.
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:09   #9998
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Since you have a budget of 1.25L, I really appreciate your stance of not 'settling' for lesser brands. In fact with this type of budget, I'd say that you should go only for Sony. The 2021 X80AJ would be my choice-

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-in...rpt=TELEVISION

However, if you are willing to extend your budget a bit, I'd suggest the X9000H. It has full array local dimming and will give you a 'true' Sony experience. The 80 series while is not as budget oriented as the 70 series, is still a notch below their standard/premium range.

https://www.amazon.in/Sony-Bravia-Ce...rpt=TELEVISION

If you'd like to save more, you can get a Samsung or an LG for 80-90k. You may find LGs and Samsung for 100-110k as well but the benefits will be only incremental over the lesser priced models.
Thanks for the options in Sony. Hopefully they're available in Croma to have a look, can't buy TV just based on paper specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Have been using various models of VU for over 6 years now and never once has there been any bad experience. Ofcourse as I had mentioned in a post earlier on this thread, one cannot compare a VU to the big-ticket brands, but it does the job wonderfully, without any hassles and delivers a fine experience as well.

I would suggest Samsung over LG. No experience with Sony, but if your budget permits, you can opt for it anyway.

Samsung UA65TUE60AKXXL 65" is available with offers in the 85-90k range.
Good to know about your experience with VU. I will have a look at it, if availabe in Croma, R City. I'll have a look at the Samsung you posted too.
RJK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:27   #9999
BHPian

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a 65" LED TV replacing Sony 48" LED. I looked below models, couldn't zeroed on anything yet.

1) LG G1 - Costs around 2.8L with wireless (LG) sound bar. Couldn't see a demo model since it just got launched.

2) Sony A80J - Around 2.8L, didn't negotiate since LG looked better.

3) TCL C825 Mini LED - Any feedback on this model? It costs around 1.49L with in built onkyo sound bar.
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:32   #10000
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a 65" LED TV replacing Sony 48" LED. I looked below models, couldn't zeroed on anything yet.

1) LG G1 - Costs around 2.8L with wireless (LG) sound bar. Couldn't see a demo model since it just got launched.

3) TCL C825 Mini LED - Any feedback on this model? It costs around 1.49L with in built onkyo sound bar.
You should log on to hifi vision https://www.hifivision.com/threads/l...5/#post-967025, the members over there are planning a group buy. You can sync up with the other buyers and save a lot.
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:41   #10001
Distinguished - BHPian

We got our LG 43UM7790PTA yesterday, and installed today. The search, and the discussions here, with the inputs that folks gave me have been worth it. Pic is good, but the audio

Paid a bit lesser than the current offer on Amazon. Festive offer from company - 3 years warranty as standard, as against the 2 years mentioned when I had been to the showroom. A second offer was 2 years additional warranty @ 3.5k incl taxes.

The wall mount is of floating type - while not as much as what the showrooms use, but helps. Add this to the good viewing angle, and we are getting a good view from the adjacent rooms.
condor is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 08:49   #10002
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

One of my friends got the TCL mini led and is quite happy with it. However the OLED tvs are much better in respect to the TCL mini led and G1 with the brighter panel would be a great choice. Further as already pointed out hifivision members have some great threads ongoing with respect to the current TV pricing for you to get an good idea about the costs.
Luke1972 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 11:24   #10003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Cheers
Using couple of VU TVs since 4 years now and never faced any issues. In fact, yesterday we upgraded one of them to VU Ultra 4K 55 inch. Got a deal of 32K post discount + Exchange
Old 9th October 2021, 09:53   #10004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1972 View Post
One of my friends got the TCL mini led and is quite happy with it. However the OLED tvs are much better in respect to the TCL mini led and G1 with the brighter panel would be a great choice. Further as already pointed out hifivision members have some great threads ongoing with respect to the current TV pricing for you to get an good idea about the costs.
Thanks. I did check out TCL C825 at the TCL brand exclusive showroom, it was good experience overall. I liked the audio (Onkyo) than the video output as it was more of a cinematic experience with Dolby. However, I got 1.45L as the final price for 65". LG G1 (65") is around 2.15L (excluding cashback) after multiple rounds of negotiations (thanks to the HIFI vision whatsapp group). Still haven't decided which one to pick...
Old 10th October 2021, 18:05   #10005
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I did check out TCL C825 at the TCL brand exclusive showroom, it was good experience overall. I liked the audio (Onkyo) than the video output as it was more of a cinematic experience with Dolby. However, I got 1.45L as the final price for 65". LG G1 (65") is around 2.15L (excluding cashback) after multiple rounds of negotiations (thanks to the HIFI vision whatsapp group). Still haven't decided which one to pick...
Depends on your viewing preferences. I would suggest that the LG G1 is big step up from the TCL 825. Well sound does play a part but since I use mine with an dedicated 5.1 so sound o/p is secondary. However if you do intend to purchase a sound bar you can consider the same price benefits you get on the TCL.

The G1 is a brighter OLED (brightness was a major issue of OLEDs) and these generation of tvís have more or less arrested ďburn inĒ in OLEDs and there should be no more a concern. Do understand that a marginal increase on the picture quality will command a significant premium. After all the mini led has more dimming zone and blooming is controlled to an great extent however it can never match the emissive ones for the accuracy but slowly the gap is decreasing. At the price quoted by you the G1 is surely tempting.
Luke1972 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed