Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 15:47   #10081
Oxy
BHPian

Re: The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.

Managed to crack a decent deal on the Sony X90J (65 inch size) here in Bangalore. The price offered is Rs.1,27,000 only for this weekend.

If anyone here is sitting on the fence and waiting to pull the trigger, please PM me and we can maybe go to the showroom together and haggle some more.
Oxy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 06:32   #10082
Senior - BHPian

The glass hasn't been cleaned properly. Use a specific cleaner or get eyewear glass cleaner from any optician and try wiping gently with any non-lint cloth. Let us know
Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
Folks, we have a 43 inch LG Full HD LED TV (43LJ617T) which has developed some fingerprint like marks. Tried wiping them off to only realize they wouldn't go.
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 07:04   #10083
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I feel Samsung appliances quality has deteriorated, be it TV, washing machine, AC or refrigerator, even the mobile phones are giving away after 3 years.
As has LG. My LG LED TV has had so many problems over 5 years. I have spent more than 15K repairing it over multiple repairs.

I have no idea which is a good appliance/electronics brand anymore.
I have an IFB washing machine & dryer - the quality is not bad but the service isn't really as good. They took 8 days to procure a part for a current model which is really poor service logistics.
Old 26th March 2022, 11:44   #10084
Senior - BHPian

Anyone using any Hisense TV?

We are looking for a 55inch for the living room.
Have selected Hisense Tornado tv. On Amazon it's a available for 46k right now. We tested it at Croma and PQ was very good and sound system with that extra soundbar built in was good enough. Also buying from Croma gives a 3 year warranty from Hisense but buying from Amazon gives only 1 year warranty.

Will appreciate if anyone can weigh in about Hisense as this is the first time we are looking outside of Sony,LG, Samsung.

Also, this tv will be primarily used for Set top box and OTT stuff.
Old 26th March 2022, 12:26   #10085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
As has LG. My LG LED TV has had so many problems over 5 years. I have spent more than 15K repairing it over multiple repairs.

I have no idea which is a good appliance/electronics brand anymore.
I have an IFB washing machine & dryer - the quality is not bad but the service isn't really as good. They took 8 days to procure a part for a current model which is really poor service logistics.
It is sad that you had a bad time with an LG Product. We have
. 2 TV - 43" (10+) and 55" (2+) both working flawlessly.
. 3 x 24" monitors 12+ years, working fine
. 1 front load WM
. 3 x Split inverter Ac and 1 x inverter window AC, all under 5 years extended warranty

We have rarely faced any problems with LG products, but extended warranty really helps in peace of mind (my 8+ old LG Phone is still going strong, except for battery life).

Our 55" TV came with 3 years warranty. Wait till similar schemes for free extended warranty for TV comes up and then buy the TV.
Old 26th March 2022, 12:28   #10086
Senior - BHPian

Why I like LG products is their commitment to service. The spares are available easily, the inverter AC MB costs about 7K vs 15k+ for others, the extended warranty is a steal. The WM MB is about 3K and so on.
Old 26th March 2022, 12:47   #10087
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
Why I like LG products is their commitment to service. The spares are available easily, the inverter AC MB costs about 7K vs 15k+ for others, the extended warranty is a steal. The WM MB is about 3K and so on.
Yes, they really have the best service of all companies. With good product quality & great service, they used to be my go to brand up to 5 years back, but now the quality is just so-so, so I am having second thoughts. My parent's earlier LG washing machine worked fine for 12 years. They never took an extended warranty. Total repair costs over 12 years total must not have been more than 1500 Rs.

BTW, What is MB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
It is sad that you had a bad time with an LG Product. We have
. 2 TV - 43" (10+) and 55" (2+) both working flawlessly.
. 3 x 24" monitors 12+ years, working fine
. 1 front load WM
. 3 x Split inverter Ac and 1 x inverter window AC, all under 5 years extended warranty
Product quality used to be great. My/my parents have had their older TVs, WMs, ACs etc for many years without problems. But my current TV started giving problems after 3 years. Washing machine within 2 years.
I probably will be replacing my TV soon - I am think of Sony this time.

I never buy Extended Warranty - I want to buy a product which doesn't give major or frequent problems for up to 10 years so an extended warranty isn't required.

Last edited by carboy : 26th March 2022 at 12:50.
Old 26th March 2022, 13:55   #10088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Anyone using any Hisense TV?

We are looking for a 55inch for the living room.
Have selected Hisense Tornado tv. On Amazon it's a available for 46k right now. ...
I've been using VU (rebranded Hisense) for the last 4 years and last year shifted the VU to the bedroom and picked up the Hisense Tornado 55" for the living room. Among the budget brands, I think Hisense has the best PQ, and one of the best upscalers overall.

Overall the experience has been very good and honestly I am very happy with the TV. Nice deep blacks, natural colours and a nice Android interface with no problems. I didn't like the stock Dolby Vision profile (was too warm) which I fixed easily and Dolby Vision content is amazing to watch now. I anyway have a soundbar so can't comment on the inbuilt JBL soundbar. It is much better than a regular TV speaker but not a replacement for a soundbar.

I think the biggest difference between the big brands and the budget brands is the service and luckily I have not needed them (*touchwood*), but reviews for Hisense service aren't too good. I got mine from Reliance Digital for 40k with 4 years warranty in June 2021 which I think was a super deal.

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 26th March 2022 at 13:57.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 14:43   #10089
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I've been using VU (rebranded Hisense)
Is it the same - Vu & Hisense?
Amazon has a 43 inch Vu for 23K & a 43 inch Hisense for 30K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post

I think the biggest difference between the big brands and the budget brands is the service and luckily I have not needed them (*touchwood*), but reviews for Hisense service aren't too good.
How much is the picture quality diff between say LG & a Vu & a Hisense?
Also, re service how bad is it - do they not come at all? Is it possible to get it repaired by Third Party in case of problems?
Old 26th March 2022, 15:02   #10090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, re service how bad is it - do they not come at all? Is it possible to get it repaired by Third Party in case of problems?
Can't speak for Hisense but my experience with Vu service has been good, as explained previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
We had bought a VU 43" Smart TV from Flipkart in June last. This was after a friend had purchased the same and was having a trouble fee experience.

However, ours has already started giving troubles...

Have booked a service appointment. Let's see what happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Service Update

Had logged in a complaint through the Flipkart sponsored call centre. It helped that we had also purchased a 3 year repair and replacement warranty for ₹1,500/-.

The customer service executive collected all details and arranged an onsite visit, which was, in the instant case, a remote village in the Dakshina Kannada district of Karnataka. The delivery address was Bengaluru and therefore, I wasn't really sure whether they would agree to provide service at a different location.

The technician travelled more than 100 kms from Mangaluru and replaced the TV.

A happy ending; for now at least .
The replaced piece developed the same problem again and was replaced once more.
Old 26th March 2022, 15:08   #10091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More or less, for instance the VU Cinema and Hisense Tornado are very similar. For the TV's that you are referring to, I am not sure and it needs to be checked.

Quote:
My in-laws have a Sony X80J and honestly in most scenes you can't really make out. Maybe the motion scenes are better on the Sony or it could be just a placebo effect. Purely from a PQ point of view it's better than the equivalent LG / Samsung that are around 50k, mainly due to the brighter panel and support for Dolby Vision. I am am regular viewer and no expert so can't really comment beyond this.

Service wise, thankfully have no experience so can't comment. VU has better reviews than Hisense though.
Old 27th March 2022, 00:23   #10092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
The glass hasn't been cleaned properly. Use a specific cleaner or get eyewear glass cleaner from any optician and try wiping gently with any non-lint cloth. Let us know
Tried using a LCD screen cleaner spray today @Sebring, but the results seem to be pretty much the same. The fingerprint like marks are still all over the screen. A LG technician is of the impression that these are LED burns (hasn't seen them first hand though.)

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-20220327_000911.jpg

I used the cleaner on the right after a quick search online said it was safe to but was unsure about the Essilor as it containes isopropanol. Is it safe to use?

Last edited by @og_adi : 27th March 2022 at 00:24.
Old 27th March 2022, 00:40   #10093
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hisense makes their own panels and they supply the panels to VU. So, VU uses the panels made by Hisense. That's why most Hisense and VU tv's are same in PQ. If you buy offline Hisense has better warranty. Below 50k Hisense are regarded best in PQ.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 07:48   #10094
Senior - BHPian

LCD burn is different. This does look like hand marks that have stayed and will certainly go. This is the wipe I use for smudges like those. It says on the bottle 'removes fingerprint marks, smudges and oils' 'streak free'. If Essilor is good for eyeglass, should be good for any glass. Try on small portion n see
Quote:
Originally Posted by @og_adi View Post
but the results seem to be pretty much the same. The fingerprint like marks are still all over the screen
Attached Thumbnails
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-img_5567.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 13:25   #10095
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
LCD burn is different. This does look like hand marks that have stayed and will certainly go. This is the wipe I use for smudges like those. It says on the bottle 'removes fingerprint marks, smudges and oils' 'streak free'. If Essilor is good for eyeglass, should be good for any glass. Try on small portion n see
Tried the same this morning and looks like I'm in a bigger mess now . I sprayed the liquid on a non-lint cloth and then applied the same on one side of the TV screen which has caught some stains that seem impossible to remove now.

About the fingerprint like marks, some are gone while many remain. You were right about it and I now have to figure how to wipe off the others. One thing I still fail to understand is how in the first place did they even come up? We never touch the TV screen (no need to) but the number of prints on it seem to be a lot!
A special thanks to you Sebring. If it weren't for your suggestion, the LG service personnel had me convinced that replacing the panel would be the best way forward.

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-20220329_125246.jpg

Any idea how I can get rid of these now?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks