Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 16:28   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Same with me. scan lines reduced a lot after using a better cable, but still a bit remains and it disturbs me. Background noise is another problem.

Are you using Hathway?
I am also seriously thinking about moving to a better DTH service.

Works perfect with S-Video and Home Theater.
Yes its an old Hathway STB. What RCA cable did you get?

Selective was also exploring various options. Probably all of us can gang up and get DTH the same way we got the PV80 !!
Old 5th November 2008, 17:49   #1817
BHPian

hi-this is to those guys who got panny pv80.
are you facing any ghosting or burn issues?
how are you managing the dth logo which is permanently beamed?
thanks in advance
Old 5th November 2008, 18:00   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
hi-this is to those guys who got panny pv80.
are you facing any ghosting or burn issues?
how are you managing the dth logo which is permanently beamed?
thanks in advance
the dth logo and all other channel logo are translucent and therefore there is no burn issues.
Old 5th November 2008, 18:23   #1819
BHPian

sixthsense dth logo and all other channel logo are translucent -can you please explain it to me.
this one issue is holding me back from a plasma
Old 5th November 2008, 18:53   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
the dth logo and all other channel logo are translucent and therefore there is no burn issues.
Except BIG TV logo which is not transparent and it obstructs the view because of its nature.
Old 5th November 2008, 18:58   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Same with me. scan lines reduced a lot after using a better cable, but still a bit remains and it disturbs me. Background noise is another problem.

Are you using Hathway?
I am also seriously thinking about moving to a better DTH service.

Works perfect with S-Video and Home Theater.
I guess this is the same issue I had when I took my 42PV80D via hathways set top box. This is posted in the below thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...tml#post977118
I raised this with hathway cable guys and waited for nearly a month to get this rectified. Ultimately when this was not done, I moved to DTH. Initially to BIG TV (for the component out) and then to Airtel DTH (inorder to avoid the BIG TV logo issue).
Old 5th November 2008, 19:48   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbabuanand View Post
sixthsense dth logo and all other channel logo are translucent -can you please explain it to me.
this one issue is holding me back from a plasma
Well i was unaware of the BIG TV logo not being translucent. I would stay away with Big TV on plasmas.

What i meant is that the modern plasmas does not suffer from the burn in issue until the same permanent image is kept for 8 hrs or more. Even then its temporary and would gradually disappear. When i say permanent i mean the pixels displaying the same image/colour without any changes to it continuously for 8 hrs.

The translucent logos on all the channels are actually being refreshed with the images appearing on that particular channel in the background. Also please go through this article Plasma TV Burn In: Is It Still a Problem? at Plasma TV Buying Guide
Old 5th November 2008, 20:08   #1823
BHPian

What is the best place (or should I say, cheapest!!) in Pune to buy 42PV80D?
Old 5th November 2008, 20:16   #1824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
What is the best place (or should I say, cheapest!!) in Pune to buy 42PV80D?
I saw at the chroma in Ishanya mall for 65k - this was last week as I wanted to replicate my bangy setup for my parents in pune - chroma were ok to reduce it further, but don't expect prices like Devi in bangalore (56.5k!!)

All - as far as burn in goes - the logo will disappear in few minutes if you goto one of the AV modes. For the burn-in period which is typically first 100 hrs, take care to change from dth to some other av mode ocassionally, but after that you don't need to worry.

I personally have used tatasky and hathway with no issues. Not sure about dishtv or bigtv
Old 5th November 2008, 20:37   #1825
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
..I personally have used tatasky and hathway with no issues. Not sure about dishtv or bigtv
There should not be any issues with Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel, as all their logo's are transparent and not like Big TV. Also other than this issue, with Big TV, some times important information that appears on the screen is not visible as it obstructs the view. Since I changed from Big TV to Airtel and am using it for nearly 20 days, I did not find any issues with Airtel. Picture wise, Big TV when connected via component is slightly better than when connected via RCA cable.
Old 5th November 2008, 21:00   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
but don't expect prices like Devi in bangalore (56.5k!!)

Well.. Actually you can! When I spoke to the Devi person he confirmed he will get the Panasonic guys to ship it directly to you - and install it- wherever you are.

Speak to him
Old 5th November 2008, 21:03   #1827
BHPian

I am using the RCA cable that came along with my Panasonic Home for Hathway now.
I see improvement with cable change, but not perfect yet.

Not seen any burn-in issue until now.
Old 5th November 2008, 21:09   #1828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
There should not be any issues with Tata Sky, Dish TV, Airtel, as all their logo's are transparent and not like Big TV. Also other than this issue, with Big TV, some times important information that appears on the screen is not visible as it obstructs the view. Since I changed from Big TV to Airtel and am using it for nearly 20 days, I did not find any issues with Airtel. Picture wise, Big TV when connected via component is slightly better than when connected via RCA cable.
rca or component both are analog, unless the resolution increases or signal goes digital (hdmi) i dont see any improvement - i maybe wrong
Old 5th November 2008, 22:52   #1829
BHPian

sixthsense - thanks.
yesterday only i got big tv connnection. i am stuck up then
Old 5th November 2008, 23:14   #1830
BHPian

@ all PV80ers: I saw the demo of PV80 and LG 42PG61. Both were almost similar in pricing and I felt the picture was much better in LG. I had taken my own DVD and the DTH was Tata. In both counts I felt LG was more balanced also the sound was much clear in LG. Plus the USB port compred to just a SD port in Pana.

I am just ignorant in this area and blabbering what my eye saw rather than the specs of each TV (even specs look better in LG). Just want to know if I am missing something.

Now, I is there a compelling reason you all went for PV80?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks