Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 22:34   #5911
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Hey Pancham,

My mathematics is as good as my swimming skills..I am learning to swim by the way.

The price would be definitely around 98-1.02L with the HT included. No point in excluding the HT for they may deduct 5K while the HT is around 17K
Haha. I really got excited seeing the price.
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:07   #5912
BHPian

Hi friends,

I've some what concluded with Samsung smart tv 40EH5300 model. Got a detailed demo from Viveks OMR showroom and it costs 59.5k with 1 year extended warranty. Their easy 15 months EMI scheme looks attractive. I couldn't find any review about this model over internet and our forum as well. Kindly do share your view/suggestions before proceeding further.

Also, checked the plasma UT50 40inch plasma which costs 72k with 17k worth pana ht. But i still want to stick with LED tvs only.

Last edited by Jebs : 22nd August 2012 at 21:09. Reason: added plasma tv info
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:15   #5913
BHPian

Just bought Panasonic TH-L42E5D (42" LED) from Nikshan electronics. kannur. cost 51000 after all discounts. MRP was 66900.

Opening show was the adventure of Tintin. played in Full HD from pen drive. Just love it!
Cheers !

Last edited by toms_2191 : 22nd August 2012 at 22:16.
Old 26th August 2012, 11:39   #5914
BHPian

Waiting for delivery of Pana plasma. Has anyone experienced burned in logos of tv channels, especially movie channels? During first 200 hours or so what would be the recommended continuous viewing time of a single channel to avoid potential logo burnin?
Old 26th August 2012, 15:45   #5915
NH6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Waiting for delivery of Pana plasma. Has anyone experienced burned in logos of tv channels, especially movie channels? During first 200 hours or so what would be the recommended continuous viewing time of a single channel to avoid potential logo burnin?

You may visit this
site for some pointers
Old 26th August 2012, 22:06   #5916
BHPian

Thanks NH6, I already checked there. Infact I also got detailed steps for checking usage time from that forum. Having checked it, the set had clocked 18 hours 48 minutes at the time of delivery today. So should I return it to dealer and get another piece?

Apart from usage hours, I also have other suspicion of it being showroom piece. I ran some solid colour still images and there is no apparent image retention and no visible blemish. Physically there is no apparent scratch or sign of usage.
Old 26th August 2012, 22:26   #5917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite
Thanks NH6, I already checked there. Infact I also got detailed steps for checking usage time from that forum. Having checked it, the set had clocked 18 hours 48 minutes at the time of delivery today. So should I return it to dealer and get another piece?

Apart from usage hours, I also have other suspicion of it being showroom piece. I ran some solid colour still images and there is no apparent image retention and no visible blemish. Physically there is no apparent scratch or sign of usage.
My new panasonic plasma set had run just for 2 mins. I had also performed that check while buying the TV.
Old 27th August 2012, 12:56   #5918
BHPian

My father-in-law just bought LG LS5700 42" LED tv from Viveks at 65K. During the pre-purchase, the salesman gaga over the following features comparing to samsung EH-5330R and Sony EX650.

IPS panel
LED plus
Touch panel
Intel Process
CMR 150-200hz
SD to HD (upscaling?)

However, we have decided that LG gives very good PQ than samsung and SONY just gives the extra brightness to the pictures (to our eyes only). Any existing ls5700 users here? Please share your views once.
Old 29th August 2012, 16:43   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Got my Panasonic 50ST50 and wanted to share feedback.

The greats:-
- Very slim and sleek
- Comes with 2 glasses(Battery operated)
- Comes with wall mount and stand
- Remote is highly functional, back lit and simple.(The first remote i used with back lit was Oppo and was surprised to see this feature)
-Connectivity is adequate
- Free HT is pretty ok and not so great for 16K they claim for the same. My logitec z5500 can whip this HT all day all night.

Picture and software

- one word "Amazing"- Defines the picture quality.
- Takes me back to the CRT days where movies looked realistic and the darks were actually dark
- My Samsung 42 Plasma is thrown to shame in front of this TV for real. I am not over exaggerating but this TV is really that good
- The 50inc full HD is demanding on non HD channels. They simply cannot delivery the clarity i saw in 42 inch HD ready tv
- HD content is so lively and i will post a snap shot of the picture of a MKV file. It is just brilliant.
- Connects seamlessly with wireless and streams videos at good speed.
- Reading speed from Harddisk is very good and does not get stuck.
- Only supports FAT drives meaning your NTFS hard drives are pretty much useless to connect via USB
- NAS server support is easy to manage.
- VIERA mobile application is very slow and data transfer between Phone and tv is absolutely slow. Waste of time in reality.
- Need a key board if you are looking at using the TV as a browser. Else its a painful process to use the remote.
- Heat generated is very high and ensure there is enough ventilation and if possible an AC room.

Most important of all you can go back to days where you fell in love with lighting from Maniratnam movies and those beautiful night/dawn/dusk images from those movies.

The TV makes it feel REAL.
Old 29th August 2012, 16:49   #5920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats for the purchase and am also looking for ST or GT 50'' Pana Plasma.
Where did you buy and the price too?
Old 29th August 2012, 16:58   #5921
Senior - BHPian

@AKS

I picked it in Trivandrum and made them ship it to me in chennai. I paid 99 including HT (17k).

I think Viveks Tambaram has stock for the 50ST50. Let me check and confirm.

Also between ST and GT i personally didnt feel the dual core would matter to me and 20K premium was high and my limit was around 1L. I took the finance and i am paying around 5K a month after some initial payment.

Shipping costed me around 3K for both TV and Speakers. THe quoted price here in chennai was 109 so 99 was good enough for me and the availability was the biggest factor for me.
Old 29th August 2012, 21:00   #5922
BHPian

Quote:

The greats:-
- Very slim and sleek
- Comes with 2 glasses(Battery operated)
- Comes with wall mount and stand
- Remote is highly functional, back lit and simple.(The first remote i used with back lit was Oppo and was surprised to see this feature)
-Connectivity is adequate
- Free HT is pretty ok and not so great for 16K they claim for the same. My logitec z5500 can whip this HT all day all night.
UT50:-
- Got only 1 3D glass
- Remote is not backlit
- Connectivity is a bit mitited but looks like it may serve my purpose
- Still waiting for free HT

In addition got showrom piece (refer few posts up), no warranty card. Waiting for resolution from Panasonic plus dealer. Will post more buying experience and product impression after things are settled.
Old 29th August 2012, 22:07   #5923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010
@AKS

I picked it in Trivandrum and made them ship it to me in chennai. I paid 99 including HT (17k).
What's the Home Theatre Model. Was it come for free or you paid for it.
what's price of TV alone?
Old 30th August 2012, 00:31   #5924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The TV makes it feel REAL.
Can you put up a few pics of the T.V if possible. And do you recommend UT over ST now??? Please let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
UT50:-
- Got only 1 3D glass
- Remote is not backlit
- Connectivity is a bit mitited but looks like it may serve my purpose
- Still waiting for free HT

In addition got showrom piece (refer few posts up), no warranty card. Waiting for resolution from Panasonic plus dealer. Will post more buying experience and product impression after things are settled.
You mentioned the T.V has done only 18 hours. Are you sure it is a showroom piece??
Old 30th August 2012, 01:35   #5925
BHPian

VW2010, Congrats on your purchase. Can chennai bhpians come over and have a look if you are comfortable. I can bring some HD 3D content along.:-)

Most Viewed