Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 23:37   #5986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans
hooked again on getting a 42 plasma.
although i was looking for full hd, there were none on display at amanora or local stores in hadapsar.
so looked at samsung 43e490 (48k) and lg 4520(~35k).
There was some lg led fullhd model placed right next to the lg plasma one.
Both were running same star cricket hd channel. but i didnt find any difference in picture quality...
add to this the money deficiency, i am now convinced to go for non-hd models.
again i am not interested in 3d nor smart tv functions.
just hdd support with some good no. of hdmi ports.
i am not sure how good the specs of lg plasma's are.
so which ones should i consider out of the following :
42x50d, 43E470, lg ????
Buy the Panasonic XT 50, its 42" and available for 45K or Panasonic X 50 for 40K. USP best in class picture quality and 3 year warranty,
Old 18th September 2012, 02:02   #5987
Senior - BHPian

re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Warranty is 3 years for all generations of Panasonic plasmas, be it 20D, 30D or 50D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Is the extended warranty only for 50D series or for 30D series as well? I have only one year warranty.
Old 18th September 2012, 14:44   #5988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_fan View Post
Buy the Panasonic XT 50, its 42" and available for 45K or Panasonic X 50 for 40K. USP best in class picture quality and 3 year warranty,
Can anyone from pune point the (brand)shop which sales at that price?
Old 19th September 2012, 00:50   #5989
BHPian

last week, my eyes were detailing this advt from Mumbai Mirror newspaper.

scanned advt is pasted below in two parts:

The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-samsung1.jpg
The TV Thread - LCD, LED etc.-samsung2.jpg

refer the red square marked in image-2: 43E550. Today I called the Samsung Helpline nu as mentioned there, and was told that 43E550 does not exists, atleast in India !

did more of googling, but couldnt find India specific info. can somebody enlighten me on this model - 43E550.

Btw, I wrote of same concern on Samsung India contact-us mail page, lets see if they reply.

last week, I also visited the newly opened Panasonic showroom in Vashi (sector-17 ?). But they didnt have 42UT50 in display, though 50GT50, 42XT50 etc were available. Moreover, 3D glasses were not available for demo on 42XT50 ! I suggested them to stock all latest models, since this was an exclusive showroom. The Free HT offer has expired, instead get some Pana printer by paying "just" 2K. The 3 yr warranty was applicable on Panel, no other details shared.

thanks,
Old 19th September 2012, 02:44   #5990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
43E550.
The 51 inch of E550 is whats available from Samsung now. 43 is not available in most of the stores. Looks like the demand for 43 Plasma is very low.
Old 19th September 2012, 10:50   #5991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
The 51 inch of E550 is whats available from Samsung now. 43 is not available in most of the stores. Looks like the demand for 43 Plasma is very low.
ok. would be good to know prices & specs for 43E550, preferably for Mumbai.
thanks.
Old 19th September 2012, 18:12   #5992
BHPian

It seems that I praised my TV too much. My Panasonic Plasma P42U30D which I bought in March 2012 and really loved suddenly developed a thin vertical line on the left side of the panel.
I filed a complaint with Panasonic and the engineer came over. He took lots of pictures of the display doing lots of things like mirror vertically, horizontally etc. The line was at the same place on the left side of the panel.
He even opened the TV and took some pictures inside.
He told me that there are 2 possibilities - Either their is a problem with the Motherboard inside or the Panel itself. He will discuss with his boss and they will take a call. They might try to change the motherboard to see if that resolves the problem. Most likely it is a problem with the panel itself in which case the TV will be changed.
I don't know what will happen now. I really loved this Full HD 1920 X 1080 42" Plasma for the picture quality.
Since this model is discontinued, does anybody have any idea what will happen if this model will be replaced or will they offer me some other equivalent model ?

Styler
Old 19th September 2012, 21:28   #5993
BHPian

Finally got my warranty card after two e-mails to Panasonic and after almost one month of purchase. In both cases I sent them invoice copy and rear stciker photo. My gratitude to VW2010, khoj and M5_fan for their inputs.

The wait continues for the free hometheatre system.

Styler, please keep us posted.
Old 19th September 2012, 22:26   #5994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styler View Post
It seems that I praised my TV too much. My Panasonic Plasma P42U30D which I bought in March 2012 and really loved suddenly developed a thin vertical line on the left side of the panel.
I filed a complaint with Panasonic and the engineer came over. He took lots of pictures of the display doing lots of things like mirror vertically, horizontally etc. The line was at the same place on the left side of the panel.
He even opened the TV and took some pictures inside.
He told me that there are 2 possibilities - Either their is a problem with the Motherboard inside or the Panel itself. He will discuss with his boss and they will take a call. They might try to change the motherboard to see if that resolves the problem. Most likely it is a problem with the panel itself in which case the TV will be changed.
I don't know what will happen now. I really loved this Full HD 1920 X 1080 42" Plasma for the picture quality.
Since this model is discontinued, does anybody have any idea what will happen if this model will be replaced or will they offer me some other equivalent model ?

Styler
Same hppened to my cousins LG 42" plasma which was around 2 years old and model discontinued. After checking they found that the panel was dead and as the model was no longer in production, the company paid him 50% of the TV value. Sadly he dint have any other option and invested that in the new tv and bought 48" LED 3D TV.
Old 19th September 2012, 23:06   #5995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
t seems that I praised my TV too much. My Panasonic Plasma P42U30D which I bought in March 2012 and really loved suddenly developed a thin vertical line on the left side of the panel.
Could be

- The cable connecting the panel to the mother board having a problem
- The panel has dead pixel which panasonic can remove by applying some dark algorithm or something

Your model may be discontinued but the TV is under warranty and do not worry it will be repaired and brought back to new state.

My friend paid over 1.45L for his 46 inch Top of the line Samsung LED. Day 1 the same problem like you said.

Called up service, the service replaced the panel. Luckily they acknowledge it was fault from delivery date and hence they replaced the whole tv

On inquiring what would happen to the other panel, they said its a easy fix and they will fix and probably make it a display piece or sell it at good deal.

I loved that ES8000 series, but i am a sucker for plasma and i dont regret that. Today watched a FULL HD Dark knight from a USB drive. KILLER Picture quality and felt theatre like. Was not blaring bright and disturbing. It was more natural.
Old 19th September 2012, 23:27   #5996
BHPian

Hi guys, am looking at buying a 40" led tv. Not hung up on the brand, and would want to go for the best product/deal.

The primary requirement is ability to read of a USB drive and full hd with atleast a couple of hdmi ports. Ability to play mkv would be a good to have feature.

Recommendation with approx prices would help
Old 20th September 2012, 10:06   #5997
BHPian

for me at the moment, the shortlisting is going well!
any pointers for best prices in Mumbai for : Pana 42XT50D and a bit stretch for 42UT50D. number of glasses bundled ?

thanks,
Old 20th September 2012, 10:41   #5998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
any pointers for best prices in Mumbai for : Pana 42XT50D and a bit stretch for 42UT50D. number of glasses bundled ?
Only from ST series you get 3D glasses.
Old 20th September 2012, 14:05   #5999
BHPian

Are you sure? I thought even UT50 had a single bundled. I got 2 glasses free for UT30
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:00   #6000
BHPian

Hey fellas!! Just dropping by to say that I'm totally bowled over by the power of my 50 incher LG PA6500 full HD plasma!
Coupled it with a Tata Sky HD connection with 10 HD channels and its flying!!
Watched "Rise of the planet of the apes" awhile back and I'm not able to stop grinning!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks